Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby freestylenut » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:28 am

All & all, I'm glad to see these bag checkers are taking their job seriously. I swear, sometimes they do it so fast, I think I CAN get away with concealing a knife or small gun in the bottom of my backpack...not that I would....I'm just saying.

Great catch by security.

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:43 am

^^Because everyone seems to be getting shot at these days...

Banned

Postby PURE » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:34 am

Yeah I don't buy the "i forgot it was in my purse" bullcrap either.

I wish it would've specified if she had a license or not. Police don't always follow the gun laws properly. I've not only experienced it myself, but heard many times when guns are confiscated and people are taken into custody with no legal justification.

I'm all for having guns. I mean, its our right.
Welcome To Magic Mountain. Cheer up, you could be at Knotts!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Bucket » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:39 am

^I am not really familiar with the gun laws but does having a gun license allow someone to bring a gun into public, just for the sake of having one?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby terrancew_hod » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:02 am

Personally I don't see the reasoning behind putting a gun in a purse. If you get robbed, will you have time to pull it out? This lady wouldn't.

Leave it at home.

If you are that threatened, get some mace and put it on your keychain and carry it in your hand as you head to the car. That way if someone jumps you, you at least have it ready to spray.

The only scenario for a gun in a purse if someone pi$$es you off and you want to get them back so you reach in your purse...

Terry
Terry's Revamped Website - Maybe I'll post the last day of my Midwest Trip Eventually!

My Myspace Page

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Théo the little french » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:54 am

You can be sure nothing similar could happen in our french parks, okay people are pretty stupid in my country, but not as crazy as her! (just for anecdote: French people are against the right of wearing weapon ant their argument is "we aren't in America!" that makes me laugh lol"

Banned

Postby PURE » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:29 am

^^^There are lots of different laws for guns. Some licences allow a concealed weapon, some don't.

^^It doesn't really matter what the situation is, people have rights to carry guns. It probably won't be going away any time soon, either.
Welcome To Magic Mountain. Cheer up, you could be at Knotts!

The search for the Ultimate Thrill!

Man dies after riding Expedition Everest at Disney World

Postby Coaster Palooza » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:07 pm

Man dies after riding Expedition Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Scott Powers

Sentinel Staff Writer

6:06 PM EST, December 18, 2007

A 44-year-old man has died after riding the Expedition Everest roller coaster at Disney's Animal Kingdom today.

Jeffrey Reed, of Navarre, was unconscious and unresponsive when his ride vehicle pulled into the unload area, around 11:25 this morning.

Another park guests who is a registered nurse and a Disney employee began cardiopulmonary resuscitation until Reedy Creek Emergency Services paramedics arrived and took over, said Assistant Fire Chief Bo Jones.

The man had no pulse when paramedics arrived, Jones said. There was no apparent trauma and "no obvious signs of any cause," Jones said. The paramedics transported him to Celebration Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Walt Disney World officials said the ride was inspected this morning and was operating properly, but is currently closed while Disney officials reconfirm the ride's status.

The Florida Bureau of Fair Rides Inspection and the Orange County Sheriff's Office were notified.

A Disney spokeswoman said the company has offered the man's family "our deepest sympathies" and offered assistance.

The death is the first associated with the roller coaster Expedition Everest, which opened in early 2006. That ride includes tight twists and turns and some backwards travel but is not a particularly fast or steep roller coaster and has no loops.

The death is the third death associated with a Disney attraction this year and the first since March, when a man died after collapsing at the Downhill Double Dipper at Blizzard Beach.

Here is the link

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business ... b01_layout

uʍop ǝpısdn

Postby upside down » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:28 pm

Jeez, disney sure is getting one bad reputation now a days.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby TopThrill182 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:32 pm

Well but when you consider just how many people visit Disney's parks every year, it comes as no surprise that a few people with unknown pre-existing conditions will wander onto some of these rides.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!