Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1843 - Volcano being REMOVED!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:48 am

That's pretty much what I was thinking as well.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby DRACHEN_FIRE_FAN-BOY » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:54 am

wow, they are doing a such a great job of getting prep work done aren't they?

hooray for Cedar Fair and not doing a good job a King's Dominion. Last time I went the operations were terrible, one train only on EVERYTHING >_< and it was the middle of summer! they especially need to put new axles, and wheels on Anaconda!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:02 pm

Well I emailed the park last night asking about construction updates & got an interesting response this morning.

I was told that plans are in the works to update the official site with a Dominator construction page but they're still working on that....my question regarding the ride's color scheme went unanswered however.

I can C&P the response that I recieved from the park here if anyone's interested in reading it as I've still got it saved in my email folder.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby sam06pr » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:07 pm

^yeah...what tdid they answered?

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:21 pm

Here is the response I recieved via email from Kings Dominion this morning.

"Thank you for your recent email. Our new attraction construction pages are currently “under construction” (J) on the website and we expect the site to be posted in the very near future. Please continue to check our website for the most up to date information. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you next season."

Bobbie Jo Duke

Group Sales Area Manager

Kings Dominion

(804)876-5346 Office

(804)876-5864 Fax

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby DRACHEN_FIRE_FAN-BOY » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:53 am

wow they are so running out of time. If the guest services lady at the park was correct (in saying Dominator will open in March), there is now way that it will open in time.

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:15 am

DRACHEN_FIRE_FAN-BOY wrote:wow they are so running out of time. If the guest services lady at the park was correct (in saying Dominator will open in March), there is now way that it will open in time.

Yeah,I'm thinking that at this rate they'll be lucky to have the coaster up & running by memorial day....it is a pretty big ride after all.

Still no updates on the official site as of yesterday when it comes to the creation of the construction page but I'll keep checking the site every so often & if I find something I'll post it here,as well as on the KD source forums.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Sticky Nicky » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:07 pm

If they can have the electrical components of the ride in very soon, they could have it open by April or May. Firehawk, although smaller, did not go vertical until late March, and was open by the end of May. B&Ms tend to go up quite quickly. Look at Behemoth. They have an even harder time putting up track and supports because it is over water more often than other coasters. If the first support and track pieces start to go up in early-mid January, the whole structure could be up by the end of February.

Just my 2 cents.

http://www.coastercounter.com/StickyNicky
COASTER COUNT: 53 (46 Steel, 7 Wooden)

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:32 pm

Sticky Nicky wrote:If they can have the electrical components of the ride in very soon, they could have it open by April or May. Firehawk, although smaller, did not go vertical until late March, and was open by the end of May. B&Ms tend to go up quite quickly. Look at Behemoth. They have an even harder time putting up track and supports because it is over water more often than other coasters. If the first support and track pieces start to go up in early-mid January, the whole structure could be up by the end of February.

Just my 2 cents.

That's true,they need to get the electronics for the control system & the power systems wired on site & wired up but usually that's among the last things done during construction.

The park can at least begin site work to pour footers while waiting for the electrical/mechanical components to be delivered,remember unlike Firehawk Dominator is a pretty large ride so it'll take more time than your average B&M multi-element coaster to put up.

All I want is a chainlift!

Kings Dominion renames rides

Postby pkdcoaster » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:21 am

For those that have not seen the new sign for I-95
http://coastercrew.com/gallery/displayi ... at=0&pos=3

According to the website
http://www1.cedarfair.com/kingsdominion ... m?ac_id=13

Italian Job is now "The Backlot Stunt Coaster"

And Tomb Raider is "The Crypt"

Oddly Drop Zone seems to be keeping its name

XLC is still on the site which makes me think it may be around for another year considering the big rumor this whole year was that Labor day would be its last day but it operated till the end of the season.
They also advertise Dominator as the 14th coaster which would only hold if XLC stays.

JEFF
Actual Coaster Count: 402

Fav. Park: Cedar Point
Fav. Steel: Intimidator 305/ Fury 325
Fav. Wood: El Toro/Voyage

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!