TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

• 2 months later...

http://www.wesh.com/news/14751362/detail.html

While there are not a lot of details, WDW sure hasn't had the best of luck lately....

Just days after a Disney employee died, a man fell to his death at the park Thursday.

Disney officials said the 72-year-old man fell outside a restaurant at the Magic Kingdom Thursday night and was taken to a hospital where he died Friday, WESH 2 News reported.

The man was a park guest, not an employee, officials said.

If the man died in the hospital, is that still considered "(falling) to his death?"

I thought one would have to die "on contact" to be able to call it that.

It'll be interesting to hear more details about this. Of course that's if Disney decides to release them.

I'd say he didn't 'fall to his death' so much as died of a result of a fall, going by the tiny bit of information given.

At first glance it seems this could've happened anywhere, it just made the news as it was on Disney property. Whether thats the case or there's more to it, should be able to see if more details are released.

Make it 3 last week. This one was a heart attack.

http://www.mickeynews.com/News/DisplayPressRelease.asp_Q_id_E_1267Bus

Walt Disney World suffered a third death late last week but unlike the two previously reported deaths the third was immediately ruled natural. A 71-year-old man died after having a heart attack on a Disney bus, according to officials.

The man's name has not been released. Shortly before 5 p.m. Friday afternoon he fell unconscious while riding a bus toward Magic Kingdom. A Disney spokeswoman said the bus pulled over at the Magic Kingdom toll plaza and Reedy Creek paramedics arrived but were unable to revive him.

In a previously-reported incident on Friday a 72-year-old man who fell at the Magic Kingdom on Thursday died of his injuries, according to Disney officials. The day before a Disney employee, Karen Price, 63, died from injuries she sustained when she was hit by a Primeval Whirl roller coaster car at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Note: An earlier version of this posting had unfortuantely drawn from an earlier report that the 72-year-old man who fell at the Magic Kingdom had slipped. Disney officials said the family advised them that the man did not slip, but had lost his balance and fallen.

I definitely think in these cases Disney is a victim of their own popularity. If I owned a place where millions upon millions of people visited every year....of course there would be a death or two once and awhile. The fact that it is Disney is the reason this at all made the news. While very sad, how many times a day does an old man die from a heart attack? or fall and die from the consequences?

The media loves to made news where there is none. The unfortunate thing is if enough of these stories make the news, the GP will cry out Frankenstein's Monster and force harsher regulations, which will cause Disney and other places to create ridiculous rules to protect us from ourselves. Unnecessary.

At first I had visions of that Walt look alike guy we saw at DLR dying.

As this is truly sad, I agree about any news, especially bad news, about something happening at Disney properties gets way overblown. He had a heart attack, as sad as that is, they happen everyday.

I love how the media manipulates the story to give it a more shocking and negative title, when the guy probably just had a heart attack or some other natural dilemma which resulted in him falling to the ground and later died of original natural cause.

Jeez, I hate the media.

Lake Buena Vista, FL - A 63 year old woman from Pennsylvania was arrested on Sunday after attempting to enter Walt Disney World with a loaded handgun. Walt Disney World security personnel discovered a silver color, Beretta .32 caliber semi-automatic handgun during a routine safety check as the woman was attempting to enter the park with other family members.

The woman, identified as Mary Ann Richardson of Nickelson, Pennsylvania, stated that she traveled with the handgun and had forgotten she was carrying it in her purse. Walt Disney World Security notified The Orange County Sheriff's Office which sent deputies to recover the gun. It was in was loaded with seven live rounds in the magazine; the chamber however was empty.

Inside her purse the woman also had a pair of scissors and a locked blade knife. Orange County deputies took the woman into custody and charged her with possession of a concealed weapon. The incident remains under investigation.

Stringent, zero-tolerance, security measures have been in place at all Central Florida theme parks since September 11, 2001.

Unbelieveable. In here purse?!