TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

I never rode this ride but I do have the ride listing from the Meisho Ride Catalog.

If you look closely at the last picture it looks like it has an ice skating rink that goes around the perimeter of the ride. Anyone remember this?

Crazy Japanese, what will they think of next?

465389881_MoonsaultScramble3.thumb.jpg.532f29cff1d3f4949e183d6269b72c4b.jpg

the details

875548955_MoonsaultScramble2.thumb.jpg.c00bde1e196c8ba312b17ac0ef32f86d.jpg

1887652619_MoonsaultScramble1.thumb.jpg.d9ea0ffe1007bbb152e38466f7d380ea.jpg

Meisho Amusement Machines ride catalog "Moonsault Scramble Coaster"

Looked like a really cool ride. On the POV was that the breaks going through the station or was that people screaming?
Those are the brakes, same kind of brakes that is used on several Meisho coasters.

Example:

Big Boom - Nasu highland Park

I've always wanted a Meisho brochure or for the matter, any brochure from a manufacturer. I've sent emails but haven't got any, so I guess I'd have to go to IAAPA to get brochures. As for the sound, I think those are tire screeches. Even Vortex at Great America has tire screeches on some parts, but Moonsault Scramble probably burned up more tires.

I've always wanted a Meisho brochure or for the matter, any brochure from a manufacturer. I've sent emails but haven't got any, so I guess I'd have to go to IAAPA to get brochures. As for the sound, I think those are tire screeches. Even Vortex at Great America has tire screeches on some parts, but Moonsault Scramble probably burned up more tires.

I wrote to Walter Bolliger once and he replied quickly. He sent some brochures too.

I skated the ice rink under Moonsault in the winter of 99. It was actually quite a beautiful place to go in the winter with Fuji right next door and all. The ice rink in the summer was an extreme eyesore, however.

The parks in Japan mostly stay open year round. So riding the coasters during a snow storm at 32 degrees is fairly common.

Common, yes. Fun? Eh...well...

I wrote to Walter Bolliger once and he replied quickly. He sent some brochures too.

I'll try again then Oh, and I can't wait to see the Meisho brochure, since I've seen enough Intamin already. Meisho always seemed more exotic to me than Intamin, albeit rougher than Intamin. And I wonder how Vekoma was involved with the ride. I thought maybe the lift, yet Meisho's Loop Coaster at Toy Kingdom http://www.rcdb.com/id1277.htm opened before Vekoma made their first Boomerang coaster. ^And I think riding coasters in the snow sounds fun!

/\/\

I believe when the Toy Kingdom shuttle loop opened it was the tallest ride in the world for a while. At least thats what ive read on a couple of japanese sites.

Also Shane ill be interested to see what Meishio stuff you have. looks like you have older versions of the brouchures i have so i'll upload some later if they are different will be nice to compare

• 6 months later...

Hey all

it appears the SFMM of the East is building a new water raft ride this year.

Looks pretty long, fairly interesting and is called Nagashimasuka.

Length: 500m

Height: 18m

Speed: 29km/h

Time: 4:30sec

theres a press release here

http://www.fujikyu.co.jp/data/news_pdf/20080514153904_080514nagashimasuka.pdf

and new construction photos here

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown/5777/nagashi.html

from what ive heard Fuji-Q is lacking in its water ride and family ride line-ups so this should be a nice edition

Wow, it looks like a nex gen raft ride. It's like a waterpark ride, for an amusement park I meanm seriously, the slide looks like one of those family raft rides at water parks (like the one at SFMM, which sucks), but with a literal raft on it. I can't wait to see some finished ride photos

I agree with Rapids Nerd...the whirlpool looks really cool! This looks like a really cool ride concept. I don't think that these will ever replace the more traditional raft rides, but I wonder if we will start to see more of these designs pop up?

Whirlpools like the one in this concept art have been done before on more traditional rapids rides. I know that Wild Adventure's raft ride has one and I'm sure there's more out there (I think Phantasialand's rapids ride has one as well). What stuck out to me in the concept art is what appears to be a small uphill section prior to the whirlpool. Do you think that the concept artist may have just gotten carried away, or will there actually be a quick uphill section?

What stuck out to me in the concept art is what appears to be a small uphill section prior to the whirlpool. Do you think that the concept artist may have just gotten carried away, or will there actually be a quick uphill section?

I don't see why not? If you can do it with Dudly DoRight Ripsaw Falls, you can to evlove it for circular raft. Almost has a shoot-the-chutes aspect, if it truly is intentional. Props for creativity there.

Wonderful. Just what the park needs...a low capacity ride.

lol

I don't think this park will ever learn.

Where abouts in the park is this going?

But since when do rapids ride have to be low capacity? They can be built to high capacity when a park needs it, as evidenced by the ones at DCA, IOA and AK.

Dunno, I've just never thought of rapids rides as being low capacity.

What stuck out to me in the concept art is what appears to be a small uphill section prior to the whirlpool. Do you think that the concept artist may have just gotten carried away, or will there actually be a quick uphill section?

I don't see why not? If you can do it with Dudly DoRight Ripsaw Falls, you can to evlove it for circular raft. Almost has a shoot-the-chutes aspect, if it truly is intentional. Props for creativity there.

I sort of pictured a hill more like the ones you would find on a launched water slide, since I think it would be really hard to have spinning rafts attach to coaster track without being brought to a complete stop in the middle of the ride. Plus, this ride is sort of a hybrid between a rapids ride a water slide anyways, so that makes more sense to me. I'm just speculating of course, so I guess we may find out in time.