TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Waldameer Discussion Thread

^It's funny because it's true.

This looks like a really nice coaster, and it is nice that it is finally being built. Although there does not seem to be anything unique(except the bridge) about this coaster, it still looks like great ride. There should be a lot of airtime, and it seems to have many of Gravity Groups trademark 90* turns. If I go out east again this summer, I'm definitely going to try and stop here as Waldameer looks like a nice park with one potentially great coaster.

I would love to head out to the park for a few hours this coming summer. I'm hoping for a Kennywood, Cedar Point vacation and I was wondering if I should stop off at Waldameer. I was thinking if I did go my schedule would be something like this.

Sunday 6/15 - kennywood

Monday 6/16 - Waldameer/Cedar Point

Tuesday 6/17 - Cedar Point

Wednesday 6/18 - Cedar Point

Would I be able to go to Waldameer on a Monday, and get a few rides on Ravine Flyer II and a few rides on the other rides, if I get there at opening and left mid-early afternoon? Help much appreciated.

This ride concept is like Hades with a bridge instead of a tunnel. Compare the two:

Hades: Twister Section > Lift Hill > Tunnel > Turn Around > Tunnel > Twister Section

Ravine Flyer II: Lift Hill > Bridge > Turn Around > Bridge > Twister Section

The substantial differences are:

1) Ravine Flyer II has a bridge instead of big tunnel

2) Hades has a segment before the lift hill.

3) Ravine Flyer II has several mini tunnels as opposed to Hades' one giant tunnel.

Anyway, I hope it works out for them. Nobody deserves a great woodie more than Waldameer.

I'm still not a huge fan of 90 degree banked turns, but the rest of the ride impresses me, with the tunnels, airtime, twister section, and best of all, 2 trains!!! This ride will definitely work well for attracting people to Waldameer, let's just hope the park will be able to handle its new found popularity.

Because of the small size and somewhat boring looking layout I really wasn't expecting much from this ride (Although I have never been on a ride anything like this, so I didn't have anything to compare it to) but in the video, the ride looks pretty sweet. The bridge flying over the highway will be a great visual effect both on the ride and driving under it, although I hope they don't put the covering over the bridge that was in the video and keep it open like in the concept art, but they probably will have the covering for some reason I didn't bother to think about.

The video could have done without that monotone voice over though.

Sounded weird when he'd say "hang on" with zero emotion.

This ride looks pretty fun. I'll definetly be making a trip down at some point to ride it. Only more incentive to go back to such a fun little park.

The video could have done without that monotone voice over though.

Sounded weird when he'd say "hang on" with zero emotion.

I hated the voice over too! It completely ruined the video. He was all "wow" and "woah" and "that was so cool" but he said it in such a way that it sounded like he was being sarcastic. Cool looking ride though.

I hope Steve Gorman will be more excited when he's actually riding it!

Waldameer was a very nice little park, but it felt like it was just missing that one big flagship ride when I was there this year, and hopefully this new coaster will be just what the doctor ordered.

Just watched the new video, Ravine Flyer 11 has a fast filled layout, nice use of tunnels and I love the 1st drop into a tunnel and then over the bridge, the netting is there to stop any stupid people trying to hit cars with coke cans etc.

A nice touch of history could of been made if the the original Ravine Flyer station got converted to house it's big brother's trains.

I've never been on a woodie which has a 90 degree corner, GG should of tried and if successful added a full 360 degree "in-line twist" located within a tunnel.

All the best with the success of this coaster, I will be visiting this park if I am at nearby Cedar Point. Eeek that's a 7 hour drive from Chicago.

How far is it to drive to Chippa Lake and the Big Dipper from this park..

I've never been on a woodie which has a 90 degree corner, GG should of tried and if successful added a full 360 degree "in-line twist" located within a tunnel.

Are you talking about a 90 degree banked turn that does a full 360 turn??

If so, please NO!!

Those 90 degree banks are intense enough as is.