Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1843 - Volcano being REMOVED!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2012+Mayan=BS!

Postby Chris Benvenuto » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:41 pm

Wow, this has been a shocking week for Thrill seeker that's for sure. I just think it's incredible XLC never appealed to me, so I don't care if this get scrapped or sold.

I hope 2007 and 2008 bring about better changes.

I saw, went and conquered Steel Dragon 2000. It's still crap!

Postby wrebbit » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:11 pm

Let's hope it ends up in Europe. I'd like to experience such a fast launch. And it would be Europe's fastest if it ever comes here.

Fingers crossed

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby pkd804 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:00 pm

^You really want that POS coaster? :?r I liked it alot when it was smooth. But now it's all rough. Scrap it!

Ass is another word for Donkey!

Postby kissorkill2night » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:35 pm

any updates on it selling or anything?
Home Park: Kings Dominion

My last name is Kitchen and I am learning to become a Chef.

Top 5 Coasters: 1. Griffon 2. Kingda Ka 3. El Toro 4. Nitro 5. Valcano

:station:

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby exmouse » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:22 pm

When I saw it had flat track I commented how the hell do they bend that. After getting off my mate said "They can't".

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby 49ers4ever » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:46 pm

It's definitely running right now, or at least it was on opening day.

I would like to see it go, and put nothing in it's place. That whole area of the Grove seems a little crowded anyway... if they would take it out, it would seem a little nicer over there. There's already four other coasters touching that small area anyway, so taking XLC out won't hurt at all. My 2 cents worth :)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby pkd804 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:08 pm

ScreamScape posted this on April 2, 2007:

While Hypersonic is still listed as being for sale at the ITAL International website, we’ve also heard that Kings Dominion may be setting their own plans to remove Hypersonic sometime after Labor Day Weekend no matter if it has been sold or not. Anyone know more or is this just wild speculation just because the ride has been put on the market?

I can't wait to see the demolition of the coaster start!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Kings Dominion Announces "Dominator" for 2008

Postby Sticky Nicky » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:01 pm

http://www1.cedarfair.com/kingsdominion ... tem_id=651

Record Breaking Roller Coaster Planned for Kings Dominion in 2008

KINGS DOMINION, Virginia – Kings Dominion will soar to new heights in 2008 with the introduction of its 14th roller coaster, Dominator. Debuting in late spring, this innovative 4,210-foot steel coaster will be the longest floorless coaster in the world and have the tallest roller coaster loop.

Riders will board the coaster on the east side of International Street, just behind the park’s Berserker ride. Once seated, guests begin their journey with a short, twisted U-turn and climb the 161 foot-tall lift hill. After the 32 passenger train crests the top of the lift, riders are sent flying down a 157 foot drop, eventually speeding into the gut-wrenching, record-breaking vertical loop, which stands 135 feet tall. Four additional inversions will follow during Dominator’s two minute and six second, adrenaline pumping experience.

“Kings Dominion is known for having one of the country’s widest varieties of roller coasters,” said Pat Jones, Kings Dominion’s vice president and general manager. “Dominator is the perfect definition of the word “thrill” and reflects our commitment to combining one-of-a-kind attractions with fantastic family entertainment. We’re looking for some real thrill seekers who are up for the challenge and ready to take total control their ride experience.”

Dominator joins a portfolio of 13 industry-leading roller coasters including Volcano, The Blast Coaster, Flight of Fear (the world’s first coaster with LIM launch technology), Anaconda, The Grizzly and the Rebel Yell.

Kings Dominion will open in 2008 for weekend operation on Saturday, March 22. Daily operation begins Saturday, May 24. Water Works Water Park opens Saturday, May 24. For more information, guests can call the park at (804) 876-5000 or visit online at www.kingsdominion.com.

Season Passes, which include free parking in 2008, are now on sale at the park, by calling (800) 553-PASS (7277) or online at www.kingsdominion.com. Discounted park tickets also are available when purchased in advance online at www.kingsdominion.com.

Kings Dominion is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FUN.” In addition to Kings Dominion, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, six water parks, one indoor water park resort, and five hotels. Cedar Fair also owns and operates Star Trek: The Experience, an interactive adventure located in Las Vegas, and operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, Calif. under a management contract.

Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:03 pm

EDIT:
robbalvey wrote:
Goliath513 wrote:Do we really need another Dominator thread? :roll:

Do we really need another backseat moderator? :roll:

I didn't know that could be considered backseat moderating. :| :?r

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby kraxleRIDAH » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:10 pm

Give him a break.

He's a 6th grader.

From Minnesota.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!