TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR Japan Trip 2007" Thread

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha! Awesome update! Muscle Park sort of reminds me of Gladiators? Anyone?.......Nope....just me......i'll be in my corner.

You weren't the only one, I could just see they trying the hand bike to the theme song from the show, they just need the gladiators to throw crap at them.

This has been a great TR so far!

Wow, that place is SERIOUSLY messed up. I love the monster burger. I have to go there some time. But I thought "Speed Boarder" as it used to be called already spun. On the older Japan DVD, I think it spins. Maybe I'm wrong though. But I hate the cars on it now, the older ones were kinda cool. Cool park though. And as usual, nice report.

No wonder they have that show Ninja Warrior! They go to a park that's all about training for that show!!! Those Japanese are so damn creative and smart! UGH! Wow, Joey and obstacle courses are meant to be together! Did he take like 30 minutes just to whine abut the course again?!

JK.

But wow, that place looks awesome! Once again, another thing that if America had, it would fail miserably!

For all those wondering, Sasuke is the actual Japanese name of Ninja Warrior. Therefore, without even looking at any pictures of the course, it's bound to be awesome.

Anyone know where they film "MXC"? It's apparently dubbed over the Japanese show "Takeshi's Castle" or something like that.

Well, they don't really film it anywhere nowadays.

However, when they did film Takeshi's from 1986 to 1989 (the main series', that is), they filmed it at Green Mountain Studios (Midoriyama Studios) in Yokohama- Coincidentally exactly the same studios where Ninja Warrior is filmed now.

This picture made me really laugh. Robb is making his "Argh, I want food, now" face while feeding KT and she is looking to the picture like "Why I need to drink this damn milk? Give me real food!"

--Soren

I didn't even notice that Kristen is in that photo, until I read your post!

Robb: I think this is an old Japanese tradition! it also saves on trips to Ikea, I`ve also heard that the Japanese don`t just call these computers "Laptops" that is the shortened version!

They are called "Laptops my A*se"

p.s. did anybody get her address or phone number and will she be coming on your next UK trip?

joypolis_01_176ee.jpg.eb8f0394c59f4cda47e0ae6455be0555.jpg

When they did film Takeshi's from 1986 to 1989 (the main series', that is), they filmed it at Green Mountain Studios (Midoriyama Studios) in Yokohama- Coincidentally exactly the same studios where Ninja Warrior is filmed now.

Two surprising tidbits in here: a) That's pretty cool that they were both filmed in the same Yokohama studios, and b) I had no idea the MXC "footage" was really that old!

^Sounds like a "Coming in 2008" for the obstacle course.

Looks to me, IMhO, that this Japanese Monster Burger looks like three separate sandwiches (double breads there?) "topped" by the heel of the loaf.

What's under the "top" I guess we'll never know, lol.

Still - OMG that's a *^$@&**((&@"?*~}< heap of burger!!!

And Kristen is still looking like... "wtf"?

(Edit: Got to love that "carrying case" you can get for this, too? Bless the Japanese for efficient take-away packaging, LOL.)