Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:07 am

One review isn't enough for me to forget all the bad memories I have of this ride.

I am interested to hear from other people who got the chance to experience this.

Anyone?
Ted

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby scruffy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:01 pm

If I go on Friday I will let you know how SOB is running. Does anyone have pictures of the blue train?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:05 pm

I'll be there in the beginning of August and post a review when I get back.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ttdragster101 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:30 pm

I went to ki today and it was open at 2:00, we went to the very front and I have to say that compared to times before it was alot smoother, to me the main roughness is right at the bottom of the 2nd drop into the helix. Also I got off for the first time without a headache. Although we rode it 2 more times and the last time I rode 2nd to the front and it was alot rougher, its like the back part of the car is lose because you feel the car go up and down.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby haiderodes » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Buckeye Brad wrote:i had no problem with the trains, and strongly prefer them to the originals. It was funny to see them because they look so much smaller and shorter than what I'm used to. It's also ironic that like "The Father", the gate corrals no longer match up properly.

Considering that they had all that time it was closed, they should have been able to make the necessary adjustments to the station with these trains being 6 car 4 passenger trains instead of 6 car 6 passenger trains.

Or maybe it was a tribute to "The Father" so to speak?
walking in space.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:29 am

Two Kings Island Rides Remain Grounded

ChannelCincinnati.com
5:09 p.m. EDT July 18, 2007
MASON, Ohio - Kings Island has some disappointing news for thrill seekers: Two of the amusement park's most popular rides are shut down. The Drop Zone has been shut down for about a month for an upgrade.

The ride is manufactured by the same company that built the Superman ride in Louisville, which malfunctioned and led to a girl's feet being severed.

The incident caused amusement parks across the country to shut down similar rides as a precaution.

"I'm glad they're doing something safe," said park visitor Danielle Abney.

Kings Island released a statement assuring the public that the Drop Zone has always been licensed to operate, but the ride's manufacturer recommended an upgrade as a precaution.

Park officials noted that a part would be replaced on the ride to "enhance ride performance."

Meanwhile, the Son of Beast closed again last week, after it had already been closed for a year following an accident that injured 27 people.

Workers removed a loop from the ride and installed lighter trains, and park officials said that the reason for this latest shutdown is general maintenance.

"I didn't know anything was going on with the Son of Beast, but I guess we can't ride it," said park visitor Daniel Keeling. "Any preventative maintenance they can do is definitely better for the people who come here."

Kings Island officials said both rides should open in a matter of days.

Eh, it's only one park goer's thoughts on it, but they say "Officials" say they should open the ride in a few days! When they said "Enhance Drop Zone's performance, I don't think they mean faster drop or more airtime, for those who might ask.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby verticalzero » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:50 am

A "Tunnel" would be a good thing to have where the "loop" used to be, it would make an amazing head-chopper coming off the brake block drop. :b
"Roller coaster design is a science, as well as an art: a state of pure bliss".

--------------------------------------

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:02 am

That's good to hear. It has a great chance of being open when I go August 3rd. :)

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:56 pm

One of the "KI Officials" Announced that SoB re-opened today, and to spread the word. Also, Drop Zone will be open in a few days.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Gerstlauer coaster trains sitting at Kings Island

Postby verticalzero » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:03 pm

The one flat-fronted train design from the Raging Wolf Bobs may very well end up as a third Son of Beast train. However the other three more stylish trains may be put into service on The Beast itself as the maintenance crew is said to be ready to retire the existing PTC trains on the ride.

After a side by side comparison season between the PTC trains and the Gerstlauer trains added to Son of Beast in 2007, it seems the maintenance crew may be favoring the G-trains.

Photos of the trains from Geauga Lake’s Villain and Raging Wolf Bobs now all on site at Kings Island. Now things are getting interesting it seems, because the park has suddenly become the dumping ground for all these used Gerstlauer wooden coaster trains.

Two former trains from Myrtle Beach are currently running on Son of Beast, and now four more G-trains have arrived, three with the more stylish look as seen on The Villain and another with the same classic flat-front look as the Myrtle Beach trains.

I could see the later being added as a third train for Son of Beast, but new rumors indicate that The Racer may be involved with the plans for these new trains as well.

Makes you wonder if they may take the Racer’s old PTCs and put them on Son of Beast and move all the G-trains over to The Racer. The G-Trains may run quite well on The Racer since they seem to work best on Out & Back style coasters and in my own opinion, they don’t track well on anything with a lot of turns like Son of Beast.
db_2007_1010_GeaugaTrains11.jpg
db_2007_1010_GeaugaTrains22.jpg
"Roller coaster design is a science, as well as an art: a state of pure bliss".

--------------------------------------

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!