The Official "TPR Japan Trip 2007" Thread

1/12/08 - MORE Tokyo Disney Photos - Page 89
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby SigENeaT » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:17 pm

I'd love to have done the Haunted Hospital when i was there.
We waited in the gift shop (exit of the attraction) for about 10mins checking out the toys and all these girls kept coming out crying... i'd love to see why =P

Then again, a 50min walkthrough 'scary' ride would rock! Even if you do have to wait ~1:30hours in line.

I dont understand fully why Fuji-Q gets such a bagging either. Its a solid park with plenty to do, just the lines get tedious!

Was Expoland opened again? It was closed still in July; we had to divert to Hirakata instead ='(
p8071160.jpg
"Why are the lines at Fuji-Q so much longer than Parque Espana?"

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:27 pm

WARNING! ROBB RANT AHEAD!!! :lmao:

SigENeaT wrote:I dont understand fully why Fuji-Q gets such a bagging either. Its a solid park with plenty to do, just the lines get tedious!

For me personally I think it's completely unacceptable for a park as major as Fuji-Q for it to be such a hassle to ride the parks top three coasters.

Basically just about every coaster in that park is a low capacity train wreck. And even Fujiyama with a two train operation took us over an hour to get on with a line that seemed like the SFMM Goliath crew could sweep through in about 20 to 30 minutes.

And on top of that, at least to me, none of the coasters are really that great.

Fujiyama is probably my favorite of the top three, but even still after the first 2 or 3 drops, it just meanders pointlessly back to the station.

Dodonpa was about as uncomfortable as a launched coaster could possibly be and waiting in that 2+ hour line is just brutal with that annoying sound FX and a queue that moves about 10 people every 15 minutes.

Eejanika you already know my thoughts on.

Zola 7, the Wild Mouse, Hamster Coaster, and Thomas Tank coaster are all painfully low capacity and should NEVER have been installed into a park that draws such a huge crowd. I mean, WTF, they have a Wild Mouse that seats only TWO people at a time! A park like Fuji-Q should NOT be operating a ride like that!!!

I seriously think that when they got rid of the Douple Loop they took out the highest capacity coaster in the park!

People wonder why we've never done the haunted hospital and as much as I'd like to, after waiting in a number of 2-3 hour lines for a major coaster and 1-2 hour lines for the minor rides, you're just completely worn out, frustrated, and want to get the hell out of there.

On this last visit we were at the park for nearly 9 hours and there were some people in our group who only got on 3 or 4 rides! How can you NOT rip on a park where that happens?

Fuji-Q should be putting in coasters like Pyrenees and Hollywood Dream that chew through people as quickly as humanly possible. Not these stupid 2, 4 or 8 people per train rides!

Think about it, here's arguably the busiest park in Japan outside of Disney and Universal and they operate: Wild Mouse - 2 people per car, Hamster Coaster - 2 people per car, Zola 7 - 4 people per car, Dodonpa - 8 people per car, Thomas Coaster 6 or 12 people per train depending on the riders size, Eejanaika - 20 people per train, Fujiyama - 28 riders per train. Does anyone else see a problem with this?!?!

And on top of that, they are all dispatched very SLOWLY.

If a park like Knoebel's is considered to be "hassle free" then Fuji-Q is the polar opposite of that. I don't think I've been at a park where in order to simply stand in line for a coaster, I'm met with various hassles.

And in this example I'm talking about my experience about just even being allowed to get in line for Eejanaika where they had given out "60 minutes worth" of exit passes after the ride broke down, so therefore they wouldn't let people enter the queue until they had given the exit rider people a 60 minute window to get back to the ride.

It just made NO SENSE. How about loading all the exit pass people on one side of the train and your other paying guests on the other? But instead we had to stand there and watch trains go half-empty because there weren't enough "exit pass people" to fill the trains. They were all stuck in yet another ridiculously long, slow moving line for a mediocre coaster on the other side of the park.

Pathetic.

RIP Psyclone wrote:As much as everyone likes to rip on Fuji-Q, I've come to the conclusion that it's not truly hated. It's the park you LOVE to hate! Can't wait for the Fuji-Q update!

No no, trust me. I truly hate it. There is absolutely nothing at all I LOVE about that place. Now that I've had two equally horrible visits, it really is on bottom of my list of "major" parks. In fact, at this moment I can't think of a major park that I feel is worse. IMO, it really is that bad.

For a country that prides themselves on structure and efficiency, Fuji-Q is an embarrassment to the Japanese culture.

--Robb "And that's why I hate the place." Alvey

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby SigENeaT » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:56 am

^^ Fair enough comments, Robb. I'll agree with them as well in hind sight.

However when you compare the park (particularly the quality of rides and the lines) to what i have had experience with locally (i havent been to Europe or the USA) its a pretty tops park; would explain my low standards i guess.

I also had a truly magical evening that night with my girly so i only have good memories! ;) ;)

"Do - don - pahhhh"

*Swigs a beer*

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:39 am

Ironically, the Thomas coaster had the shortest line in the whole park. I think most of our group waited less than 5 minutes for it! Still, even with the short line, I skipped it. I was just too warn out from the 1.5 hour Dodopa wait, 3.25 hour Japanese X wait, and 30 minute (I think) wait for the Wild Mouse.

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:41 am

"Hated it"

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby bobpuppet » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:29 pm

I agree with everything that's been said about Fuji Q. I was for me this was most disappointing park of the trip. For two weeks we had seen just how efficient Japan was how well places like Disney and Universal handle large crowds. Now we come to Fuji Q and we get one, two even three hour waits!!. Even the two non coaster attractions I wanted to do(Haunted Hospital and the Gundam walk though) had nearly 2 hour waits and I had skip them. This was the only park on the trip I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do. Not mention it wasn't even a very nice park it was one of the most ghetto of the ghetto parks we went too. The only good thing from that day was the cool Gundam shirt I bought. Oh yea I found a frozen fly in my ice cream too .

Fuji Q sucks!!!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:41 pm

But would you/me/we go back to Fuji-Q and get the other credits and rides/attractions, if it was on the schedule for a future TPR Japan trip?

I would. Simple. Don't do Eeeej. Or DoWop. Or that indoor one.

I will go for the rodents, and the Haunted Hosptial.

And damnit, get my squid-on-a-stick before they run out of them!

;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:10 pm

^I thought Fuji-Q was part of the min-Tokyo trip. I don't know if I would go back, even though I have 2 credits there to get. I'd rather spend an extra day at Disney, thank you.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:33 pm

Fuji-Queue

I don't care if I ever go back. I have been there twice now and on both occasions I have had enough time just to ride the coasters and do nothing else. The multiple hour waits on a number of the rides were unacceptable.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:54 pm

BarryH wrote: I'd rather spend an extra day at Disney, thank you.

Ooooooooooooo. :)

I forgot there could be that option, maybe, possibly, LOL.

:mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!