TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

It seems all the new Six Flags stuff went up on their sites at 10am..

So, congratulations to SFA for not adding anything new for 2008! You guys have gotten so good at not adding anything. You deserve an award!

LOL!

I sometimes wonder why Six Flags didn't include America in the deal to sell off those parks. I guess it would have brought the sale price up but it seems like SFA is really being neglected.

SFA is only using like 115 acres out of about 500. They could easily sell off 200-300 acres and make a killing--and still keep SFA open. They have a lot of options.

They need to do something though. With new coasters going in at Knoebels, Hershey, GADV, and KD in 2008, they really aren't bringing anything drastic to the plate to compete with.

True, but you know that there's no way they could sell that land for houses and keep the park there. All that would do is create one of those places where the new homeowners do nothing but bitch about the park (like Dornye or BGE).

I still say the reason they're investing nothing into it is to shut the place down eventually. Hopefully Wild One would be moved if this happens.

dt

Well, so much for SFGAdv and SFNE not having any clones.

[Posted in other thread for effect.]

Uh, what? SFNE has Mind Eraser, Flashback, two generic kiddie coasters, Pandemonium, and Thunderbolt that are all clones, plus Batman that is a half clone, And SFGAdv has Great American Scream Machine, Batman, and Superman atleast that are clones.

You were being sarcastic weren't you?

Well, so much for SFGAdv and SFNE not having any clones.

[Posted in other thread for effect.]

Uh, what? SFNE has Mind Eraser, Flashback, two generic kiddie coasters, Pandemonium, and Thunderbolt that are all clones, plus Batman that is a half clone, And SFGAdv has Great American Scream Machine, Batman, and Superman atleast that are clones.

You were being sarcastic weren't you?

As Coastakid pointed out, I meant that the two parks didn't have any identical coasters to the other.

I've always liked that SF generally tried to keep parks that were close together from having identical rides, it gives enthusiasts a reason to travel, though on the flip-side, I can understand why it's an impractical idea - how many members of the GP are willing to travel 4+ hours to another park? As someone who likes to talk to strangers in line, I can attest to how many people don't even realize there's more than one "Six Flags" park; many people I've spoken to at SFNE had no idea that they even made coasters over 400 feet tall.

With that in mind, it makes sense to not want to "hoard" the money-making attractions to only certain parks, but instead spread them around, similar to their kiddie areas. What's likely to draw more money: hoping for tourists to travel to one attraction, or building several in multiple locations?

I don't mind these wild mice additions, but I don't quite get the names and theming. I mean, it's a mouse, a kiddie ride...trying to tout it as 'The Dark Knight' and being all bad a$$ just sounds like a bad idea.

It depends on how SF themes it. If it is good, it might be like Exterminator at Kennywood (a generic ride with great theming).

^I rarely see a mouse that is walk-on. They are popular and relatively cheap. However, $7.5 Million sounds high to me for a standard wild mouse. But six hairpin turns screams Wild Mouse to me versus something like Sierra Sidewinder.

That could be due to the fact that mouse coasters never have good capacities.

I don't mind these wild mice additions, but I don't quite get the names and theming. I mean, it's a mouse, a kiddie ride...trying to tout it as 'The Dark Knight' and being all bad a$$ just sounds like a bad idea.

I agree, just imagine when the movie releases and all the hype and tie ins, the lines will be completely insane, guaranteed +2hr wait for a Mack mouse. With such long waits and all the hype, will have alot of pissed off people coming off what is basically a small compact carnival coaster.

At the very least, they should add 2 side by side like this to keep the lines moving:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig918.htm?picture=5

I agree, just imagine when the movie releases and all the hype and tie ins, the lines will be completely insane, guaranteed +2hr wait for a Mack mouse. With such long waits and all the hype, will have alot of pissed off people coming off what is basically a small compact carnival coaster.

At the very least, they should add 2 side by side like this to keep the lines moving:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig918.htm?picture=5

Like what Disney has done with Primeval Whirl, but it's not going to happen at SF.

Wow! SF is really hitting the wild mouse-style coasters hard.

Just about EVERYONE will be let down by all three of these coasters. All of the GP simpletons will definitely wait in line for an indoor coaster called THE DARK NIHGT because it sounds scary. As soon as they figure out that its a wild mouse everyone will be PISSED!

Is this one in particular replacing Skull Mountain or the Chiller?

I just want to point out something. Before the announcements were taken off the websites, the stats for the Dark Night Coaster said the capacity was 36 peple... while Kingda Ka's still say 18 people as well as all the other coasters. Maybe the 36 people was per train!. Did anyone think that maybe this coaster in fact not be a wildmouse, but infact a spinning coaster with 6 hairpin turns? Also, in the recently removed logo, the background showed a few hairpin turns as well as a twisting drop! Whatever this turns out to be, I know it will be a great addition to all three parks.

-Coastakid

I think the 36 is the number of total guests that can be seated during the ride with all vehicles in operation.

Mack Mouse coasters seat 4 people per "train" or "car" right? So divide 36 by 4. You get the number of trains that will be on the coaster! = 9!

EDIT: Just looked at the RCDB pages and it says each of the Dark Knight coasters will have 8 cars. So it should really be 32?