Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1191 - Maxx Force Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Papas

SFGAm to get "The Dark Knight" Coaster

Postby Papas » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:37 am

Enclosed Mack Mouse heading to Orleans Place in 08. I like the idea of an enclosed coaster (even if we already have a mouse) it will be a great addition.

http://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby KGA29 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:41 am

Hopefully these coasters will be as well themed as the Mack Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster in Australia.

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:47 am

Hmm, I was under the impression that the Dark Knight rides are Mack spinning coasters--with trains--like the one at Knott's Berry Farm.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterLover » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:09 am

If you go by the facts given...

Length: 1213
Capacity: 32
Manufacturer: Mack
"six 180-degree hairpin turns, climb unseen hills"

It's a standard Mack wild mouse (ala the one at Hershey Park) just indoor... the description matches PERFECTLY. I mean, hopefully the themeing will make it one of the best wild mouse coasters ever, but as for the ride itself, I'll be a monkey's uncle if it isn't just the standard Mack Wild Mouse..

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:12 am

^^ You are correct, Kip.
Ted

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby cwsr » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:42 am

I really hope that they actually put some planning into the theming of this coaster. For some reason I feel this coaster is just a gimmick. I would rather they rename and enclose Ragin Cajun and add the Batman theming. Then add a Tony Hawks Big Spin over where Splashwater Falls is/was. Two wild mouse rides in fairly close proximity will just seem strange.

Just my two cents.

308, 309, 310 .....

Postby 307 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:44 am

cwsr wrote:I really hope that they actually put some planning into the theming of this coaster. For some reason I feel this coaster is just a gimmick. I would rather they rename and enclose Ragin Cajun and add the Batman theming. Then add a Tony Hawks Big Spin over where Splashwater Falls is/was. Two wild mouse rides in fairly close proximity will just seem strange.

Just my two cents.

Having two mice that close does seem weird... but I guess they're banking on the enclosure making it unrecognizable to the GP. If you can't see it's a mouse, you won't know it's a mouse.

I like your proposed idea... Ragin Cajun was pretty lame, but enclosing it might actually add some enjoyment to it. I guess perhaps they don't want people to just be riding the same coaster - but in the dark, instead riding a "brand new coaster" in the dark so they won't know what's coming.

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:47 am

"...Mack spinning coasters--with trains--like the one at Knott's Berry Farm." (Mind Eraser)

I'd like to see more of those. Sierra Sidewinder is actually a lot of fun and easy to ride. My only complaint is that it isn't a bit longer.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby uwgbdork » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:48 am

I am glad to see something happening in the park that is NOT a kiddy area or water park ride. This also still leaves room for the roumor of a B&M Dive coaster to go in the Deja Vu/Splashwater falls area in 09!!!!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby coasterdude28 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:49 am

After doing some research, I have a few questions. Will these Dark Knight coasters be a themed clone of Cheetah Chase at BGA? http://rcdb.com/id2595.htm. It is the exact same length. It is made by the same company. It has a very similar ride time. It has six hairpin turns. The capacity is similar(I am guessing TDK will have 8 cars holding 4 people each). I hope that is not the case, but we shall see.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!