Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Ibztone » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:52 pm

hansrubens wrote:as i am going to take all the credits at sfgadv. i must be very disappointant to hear that they going to tear down the robin and chiller. I know 6 flags parks are "very" bad (That is just an opinion) but when they remove 1 or more coasters from the park I must say that they are just doing their normal thing.

I happen to agree with your opinion on the six flags parks being bad. Maybe I was just spoiled by going to Busch Gardens Europe & Hershey Park. Lately it's like every time Six Flags puts in a new ride they take out two to compensate. I just don't get what there trying to do. Now there is like nothing over in that section of the park.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:41 pm

ginzo wrote:I'll offer 100 to 1 odds that The Chiller is melted down for soda cans. Imagine trying to auction off this sucker:

"Come buy this great coaster that Six Flags tried to fix for 10 years, but failed! Act now to get in on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to buy a coaster that will kill your maintenance budget and disappoint guests with constant downtime."

The new owner would also probably lose the Batman and Robin theme, which doesn't help either.

Doesn't Kings Dominion "need" another launch coaster or two? :lmao:
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:41 pm

^Yea, especially if they take out Hypersonic this off-season. ;)

^^As for there being nothing over in that section, there is a rumor of a enclosed Mack coaster themed to the upcoming Batman movie going by FreeFall's old spot. ...so who knows, maybe there will actually be a ride that's open in that section next year or in 09'.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:35 am

Ibztone wrote:I happen to agree with your opinion on the six flags parks being bad. Maybe I was just spoiled by going to Busch Gardens Europe & Hershey Park. Lately it's like every time Six Flags puts in a new ride they take out two to compensate. I just don't get what there trying to do. Now there is like nothing over in that section of the park.

Hersheypark - 10 Coasters
BGE - 5 Coasters
Great Adventure - 12 Coasters (After The Chiller Removal)

I don't get your complaint. Great Adventure still has an absurdly good coaster collection; better than what Hershey or BGE has, especially Hershey.

The Chiller had a lot of problems, which they had spent years trying to fix. Eventually you have to just give up. Why not say Premier sucks since they're more to blame for this ride sucking than Six Flags is?

Six Flags bashing is so three years ago.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby verticalzero » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:38 am

1998-2007 is a short span for a coaster's life even with problems. Hope it can be moved to another park..

"Stealth" at Thorpe Park has loads of down-time, does this mean it will get taken down in a few years, I hope so and a decent wood or steel can be built which gives TP a proper signature ride.
"Roller coaster design is a science, as well as an art: a state of pure bliss".

--------------------------------------

The classic!

Postby dr.gumbo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:56 am

^ Intamin Rocket coasters always break down a lot but they are still open the majority of the time. So unfortunatly were stuck with it. However, Batman and Robin hardly opened at all, and if it did it was only one side operating which doesn't look very professional (but it still would of been so much better than stealth).

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby matteocrepaldi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:34 am

I was really hoping to ride it someday! It looked pretty unique. I hope they put something good.
-

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterbilly » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:07 am

yeah I mean Six Flags did what they could with it, but it was just too much to handle really, it's more Premier then anyone else for sure. It definitely was unique with one of my favorite launches going into the dome before the elements, I too hope Six Flags has a cool replacement in line for this ride.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby peteb » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:16 am

I have to say the Chiller was a pretty good ride after they modified the trains and removed the OTSR's (this is my opinion on most of the Premier coasters). Maybe Premier was just a little ahead of themselves building these rides, but unfortunately in this business you don't seem to get a second chance when things go badly, just look at Arrow. You have to give SFGADV some of the blame however, they have a history of giving up on rides or just letting the fall apart. It's probably the best park to test out the long term reliablility of any ride and the worst to test out any new concept or one of a kind.

Removing the Chiller will certainly quiet down this part of the park; maybe they have a plan for this area since there's a lot of empty real estate in this area; Free Fall, Enterprise, Frisbee, Chiller, all gone.

Banned

Postby RIP Psyclone » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:53 am

peteb wrote:...in this business you don't seem to get a second chance when things go badly, just look at Arrow.

Drachen Fire? X?

Anyway, if you haven't seen it already, Robb did shoot ride thru of both tracks, so check it out if you haven't already.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!