Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 2025 - Hallowfest - New Halloween event for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby St.LouisBOI » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:09 pm

That's too bad, I hope there are plans to add something in its place for next year.

I'm surprised that Mr.Freeze hasn't caused much trouble since its opening. Shocking actually compared to Chiller.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:09 pm

Loco wrote:So wait a minute. They just wasted money on replacing the Zero-G-Roll, and now it's getting chopped? How dumb.

I never got to ride it! :( Oh well.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:12 pm

I rode half of it in June so I am glad I got to try it. I was surprised at how fun it was, but poor reliability just gives a park a bad name. I also thought it was dumb to replace that part, but maybe it was a last ditch effort to try and save it. When that failed they just gave up to cut their losses.

All your coasters are belong to us

Postby IwantRevenge » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:28 pm

i'm going to cry!

Chiller was one of these most underrated rides in the park :cry: although it was technically doomed form the beginning since it was opan a year delayed form 1997.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:22 pm

Goliath513 wrote:Nooo. Now theres two credits I won't get when I go there on the East Coast trip next year. :(

I hope they move it to another park.

Even if they were standing there next year, it would have been doubtful that they would have been running. They have been pretty much closed for most of the last 2 years.

Postby vjgx » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:44 pm

Pretty disappointing, seeing as Chiller was one of the closed rides that I REALLY wanted to ride when I went to GADV this summer.

Now if only they would move the pieces and rebuild it where Psyclone used to be at SFMM...

But that's just wishful thinking. :P

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby coreyml » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:36 pm

ParkTrips wrote:Shame I'll never get the blue side though, guess I gotta go ride a Freeze to get top hat experience

i didnt get the robin credit...

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:40 pm

If anybody else follow the A Walk In The Park podcast, the episodes show how often Chiller was working and how noisy it was, both before and after the retracking. The host even menitoned that with Freefall gone, Chiller gone, and the idle Batman stunt show stadium gone, there's a lot of room on that side of the park for growth. He also expressed it was just and observation at the time the video was shot and that he wasn't attempting to spread rumors.

Admin note: No advertising attempts here, but mentioning a relevant source to the topic. Besides, I know which side my bread's buttered on. ;)

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Rider117 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:42 pm

The worst part is that the Batman side never even ran on the new "humps".

I'll miss Chiller...

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby RollerC » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:45 pm

That ride looked sweet with the zero g rolls. I liked to watch them launch the ride seperatly(Like Robin would be in the middle of the cobra roll while Batman was at the top of the TopHat).
:butt:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!