Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby BuddyChrist » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:12 pm

It doesn't really crawl like it does in the video anymore. On all 3 of my rides yesterday when we crested the lift we still had some speed to the train even with the cable still attached. Just not the extreme speed like before though.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby mikomeko » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:49 pm

WadeJI wrote: mentioned the point that the wheels can physically only spin so fast on that first drop (they can only go so many rpm's) so its hitting the exact same speed no matter what.

Just to mention the wheels can go whatever speed the train wants to go, the wheels dont decide the speed of the train. The wheels do not have a maximum RPM. The only thing that would really change the wheels spinning faster would be better lubricant, but that would increase speed slightly and would decrease the speed lost throughout the ride.

Ok I must admit, I have never ridden it before, as the last time I went to America was about ten years ago, so I can't really give my opinions on how the ride feels itself I'm just trying to contribute something to help!

Batman & Robin: The Chiller at SFGAdv removed

Postby BuddyChrist » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:26 pm

Deconstruction has already started on Chiller at Six Flags Great Adventure. It has been closed since June and though it has been said that they were going to fix it totally, it seems like it fell through and they have begun to rip it down.

You can see photos being taken at the park today at this link!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13991564@N08/

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Loco » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:31 pm

So wait a minute. They just wasted money on replacing the Zero-G-Roll, and now it's getting chopped? How dumb.

I never got to ride it! :( Oh well.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby sixflagsguy5 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:33 pm

It would really suck if they tore down this ride. I only got to ride the Robin side, but it was really good when I rode it.

Not to be annoying or anything, but how do we know that those pictures are from recently and aren't from last offseason when they replaced the zero g roll with fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo hill?

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Loco » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:35 pm

^Because as you can see the Zero-G-Roll is already replaced in those pictures. Plus theres some of that "sneak-peak" theming for Fright Fest in one of those pictures. Im only assuming though, I could be wrong.

Postby coasterbilly » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:41 pm

^screamscape has been talking about this for a while and another site I'm on (the main SFGAdv fan site) has confirmed this too. Plus those pictures look valid, as one of them has a spider web netting for Fright Fest on the queue.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, I'm relieved, yet I'm sad. GAdv is my homepark and I'm relieved because I was always tired of the status of this ride, I was always hoping to get on it everytime I went because it wasn't always a gaurantee because of being broken or having lines a mile long. But, I am also sad because this was a unique ride, no where else in the world did a coaster like this exist. Sure Mr. Freeze is out there but this one was a dueling ride and 2 completely different coasters. I had 3 spins on Batman and 7 on Robin overall. Well, I guess I'm saying goodbye yet again to another thing besides GL. 1998-2007, Chiller will DEFINITELY be missed because there is no doubt this was a park favorite because it was that unique.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:44 pm

Hey, now I have all the credits at Great Adventure. Neat. Thank you Mr. Wrecking Ball.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby DCody » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:46 pm

That really bums me out. I especially wanted to ride Robin. I guess The Chiller had too many unreliable elements and was a "perfect storm" as far as breakdowns are concerned.

Postby BuddyChrist » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:46 pm

The person who took those pictures also talked to a crane op and said that they're taking it apart carefully "so as not to damage it"

Could they possibly be moving it somewhere else? Strange

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!