TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

The best part about this is adding another restroom, pepsi oasis, and more seating to their waterpark. As a very popular section of the park during the hot summer days, it can be amazingly crowded. I've been there many times when there was not a seat to be found. Also it will keep many kids out of the wavepool, which is a pet peeve of mine (unsupervised kids in the wavepool bumping into everybody and not paying attention). 2 acres added will mean more room for the crowds in Splashin' Safari to disperse a little.

-James Dillaman

Another nice water attraction for Holiday World's decent water park. If anything, it should be a shoo-in for the Golden Tickets in '08!

Now for that steel looping coaster... if that will EVER happen. That's when I will consider Holiday World "complete."

I'm not a big fan of waterparks, but I've always admired Holiday World's ways of building up their park. I'm a big Holiday World fan and think that any decision they make is usually the best thing to do. I trust their judgement much more than Six Flags.

It's kind of weird how they're naming their new area after the park who built a coaster by the same company that built Voyage...

This is a good addition. Structures like these are amazingly fun for all ages (GA's Jackaroo Landing). Some of the slides are actually quite fast and you get soaked no matter where you go (which is kinda the point of a water park). So this is a huge improvement over their old water structure.

Now for that steel looping coaster... if that will EVER happen. That's when I will consider Holiday World "complete."

Really? The thing I kind of liked about Holiday World was the lack of a large steel coaster. I think that would kill the atmosphere some. Sure they could do something like Wildfire, but I still don't think it would fit in all that well with the park.

The only types of steel coasters I think would truly fit in (at least with the park as it is now) would be a Gerstlauer Bobsled or some type of spinning coaster. Even that would have to be pulled off just the right way to "fit", but i think it would work better with them being a family park than a large steel looper.

The new addition looks good. I personally don't care for waterpark attractions, but I have seen smaller types of this at other parks and people seem to love them. Good move IMO.

I made my first trip to Holiday World this year with my girlfriend and her daughter. We had a blast and the Voyage (at least pre-trim brakes) was awesome.

In talking with one of the employees, he stated that the waterpark would be the focus of the 2008 expansion, which has now proved to be true. He also said that it would be 2010 for the next coaster which was likely to be a steelie. Well, half the predictions came true anyway, I guess we just have to wait and see what the next couple years bring.

I think they could pull off a Suspended/Inverted/Flyer pretty well and make it "fit" and blend into the terrain. What I don't expect is a Hyper or a Mega-Inversion.

We shall see.

• 1 month later...

I think it's great! When we were there on the Midwest tour - the water park was PACKED!! We went in to ride a couple slides - then decided to go out into the rest of the park to get away from the crowds. This will let people spread out a bit - and keep them sliding so us coaster geeks can get in more rides on Voyage, Raven and Legend.