TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

It "sounds" like it could be cool and more relaxing, but what press announcement doesn't make something seem like it's gonna be the best thing ever. I'll reserve judgement until I see it for myself, but from the few artist pictures, I could go either way on this.

BGA has always had animals as part of its existence, but like many animal exhibits, they usually aren't that exciting, as the animals usually just lay around and do nothing, and on the rare occasion you do catch them while they're active, everyone else is there crowded around as well. I don't know how big this area will be, but it sounds like it could be a nightmare during peak seasons. It would have been cool if Busch could have incorporated some sort of ride into this new area, but some mystery tower thing and a zipline for kids doesn't really seem like it's going to draw lots of the Orlando tourists over to Tampa. And does anyone else think this zipline sounds like it's going to compete with Pteranodon Flyers as the lowest capacity ride in Florida? Good thing it'll have 3 tracks for the kiddies.

Still, Busch does a great job at theming and showing off their animals, and it's nice they're bringing the orangutans back. The area could look really nice, and those waterfalls would help create a more relaxing atmosphere in an area of the park and could even cool things off a bit. Let's just hope they have plenty of bathrooms!

I'll definitely check out the area when I go back to the park, but this alone isn't going to draw me there. The coaster enthusiast in me is content with the new restaurants though!

This ride is gonna suck, the layout looks boring.

What's with all the trims too?

I hate the trains!

This could be a pretty good addition to BGA, as it sounds like it's heavy on aesthetic value. BGA definitely needs this, as BGE is 100x prettier of a park. I'm pretty iffy on using animals for entertainment though.

All-in-all I'm more excited about the hypercoaster rumored for 2009.

As I still kind of miss Python, Jungala seems like a worthy replacement. It was about time Congo got a massive rehab and this is it. For a kids area, it looks pretty awesome and it was about time some new animal exhibits went in.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

The Waterfall Launch ride seems like a family drop tower enclosed in a waterfall structure. The zipline thing seems to be something Setpoint would make.

Again, at least Busch Gardens Africa is getting a new flat ride. Now that's a shocker!

Wow, very interesting, and the zip line sounds like something you would see in a European park and not one in America. This might just be me, but the rest sounds like the Golden Kingdom at SFGADV though, but since this is a Busch park, it will probably be even better. The rides the plan to place in this area sound like they will be fun, and to put everything they want to in the area, everything will be really close.

As I still kind of miss Python, Jungala seems like a worthy replacement. It was about time Congo got a massive rehab and this is it. For a kids area, it looks pretty awesome and it was about time some new animal exhibits went in.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

I had sort of a love/hate relationship with Python. I've ridden it at least 5 times. The first time I rode it, I absolutely hated it, just because it was painful for my head and neck. I tried again a year later and things rode much smoother, and I rode it several times following. I made my way back to Tampa just to say my goodbyes and ride it one last time. My father and I rode it a week before it was finally shut down, and after riding it one last time, I felt like I was reliving my first ride. It was one of those rides that I appreciated for the memories, but was alright seeing it go due to its rough nature. I miss seeing the track in the background of Congo, but Jungala definitely sounds promising. I was thinking about the logistics earlier of the ziplines, and I still don't understand how they will get everyone to ride in a timely fashion (especially after looking at the single-seater cars shown in the concept art). I think this new land could bring the Congo back to life, with Stanleyville, Egypt, Timbuktu and the Harambe Reserve all "cleaned up," the park can only go up from here.

I always found the best way to deal with Python was the same with every other Arrow looper, either stretch my neck out really far so my head wouldn't touch the restraints, or tuck my neck in as close to my body as possible, much like a turtle hides in his shell. I'm not sad Python is gone, but I would like more information on this Jungala other than a nicely written PR statement.

^I have added those great concept photos to the first post. I think that this can be compared to a more heavily themed version of Seaworld Orlando's Shamu's Happy Harbor. I could be wrong, but it seems to look similar, with the elevated playplace, water guns, the drop tower (which is similar to the crab-themed drop tower in Happy Harbor). I think the idea is still great, and I look forward to more information about the overall area!

Am I the only one not excited by this?

I'm not impressed either and I loved the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" family area at Disney MGM. My gut reaction was "Are they serious?"

As much as I liked Python, can understand it being taken down due to roughness, etc. BGA could've replaced it with something better. Jungala looks like a notch above McDonald's playland with a frog hopper in a cave.

^Come to think of it, it would seem odd that Busch Gardens would have two child-based areas (though some could argue that Jungala would appeal to many)... Maybe this would free up some room over in the Land of the Dragons, making room for a moderately sized attraction- or a station for a larger attraction...

Aquatrax?

From what I heard the habitat was designed to keep the animals active.

I am excited about this new area they needed to attract more families to the park after the addition of Sheikra. everybody will have fun, I mean I know I will. lol.

I dont think LOD will be removed to make room for a big attraction, I wish that will happen thou. I just hope that by 2010 they can get a new coaster or a big flat ride.

I don't see why Tamprica can't have two kids areas. Though they're all relatively small, IOA has three. Plus, I don't think Jungala is purely a kids area in the way that Land of the Dragons is, anyway.

Having said that, I wouldn't much miss LotD, personally.

Electerik

Captain of Consistency