Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

P.195 : Former Six Flags executive is the new GM
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: HOORAY! I DID IT!

Postby GuruGuys » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:19 pm

SKCfan wrote:I DID IT!
In fact, I did it 12 times in less than 7 hours!

I'll do my ride report later. I'm just too tired to do it now.

Ah, didn't know you were out there! Texcoaster and I were out there all day, we are up to over 40 rides now. You may have seen us, we had on the Boardwalk Bullet shirts.

-GG

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby RussellHammondnholt » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:21 pm

I think I saw you guys, I had on the blue Taz Astroworld shirt.

Postby GuruGuys » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:22 pm

mike robinson wrote:
kewlcoasterdude wrote:So is it any good?

Almost like they drew a normal size coaster on a piece of paper, crumpled up the paper and built that.

Hahah! That is one of the best one sentence descriptions of this coaster I have heard! Awesome :)

-GG

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Re-Ride policy

Postby SKCfan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:25 pm

GuruGuys wrote:For the record, the re-ride policy I spoke about was slightly wrong. You can ride 3 times in a row only if your row is empty in the queues on slow days. If someone is in line you must get up and walk the queues again, you can not change seats even if there are other empty queues. This makes sense since there would be a battle of people trying to take the empty seats all the time. The ride operators may be able to use some discretion on REALLY slow days when most of the train is empty but I don't know for sure about that!

-GG

Yep. I found that out the hard way as I was "walking the plank" many many times today.

I was mad at first. I got off the back row, two guys got in and the seats in front of that were empty with nobody in line for them. I wanted to hop on in. It was only when I got home and gave it some serious thought that I realized the "problem". I'm not the only one who would want to avoid having to go all the way around. How would they determine who'd get those seats?

I'll say this: It was WORTH "walking the plank" to ride the Boardwalk Bullet over and over! All the way!

Postby GuruGuys » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:28 pm

RussellHammondnholt wrote:Well I went back today around 5pm and got my unllimited pass wristband.

A lot of people out there today I didn't get to meet! I was the fut guy in the blue Bullet tee-shirt! We need to have some symbol or something to show when leaving the bay to identify everyone!

Had a great time today. It sure like this is going to be a great coaster to get ERT almost anytime. At the peak of the lines tonight you had to wait no more than 15 minutes, usually less than 10! The place was pretty packed too. I seriously doubt there will ever be more than a 30 minute line (aside from mechanical problems etc) and after talking to some people who work there they pretty much agree it would have to take one of their busiest days ever to even do that. Tomorrow will be busiest of the 3 day weekend so we'll see what happens.

For those of you who just rode today: The coaster was running pretty slow. They will hopefully oil the track in the morning. To give you some comparison, when the track is well oiled you get ejector air on EVERY hill, even the last coming into the station. When it rains and its oiled, oh my, it is insane, it barely slows down on the top of the big drops. The coaster completed the circuit 15 seconds faster in the rain Friday night!

-GG

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SKCfan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:34 pm

GuruGuys wrote:
For those of you who just rode today: The coaster was running pretty slow. They will hopefully oil the track in the morning.

The coaster completed the circuit 15 seconds faster in the rain Friday night!

-GG

Slow? Huh? Those trains were flying. Yes, the 2nd big hill by the lift hill exhibited a full click-click-click on the antirollbacks. That was the largest span of time to even try to catch your breath. The other small one was right before diving under the station.

I can't imagine it going faster and shaving 15 seconds off the circuit time. WOW!
:omg:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby texcoaster » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:35 pm

The ride began quite fast today at its noon opening, but as the oil wore off the track, it got a bit more sluggish.

Only, however, on the tops of the big hills. The opening sequence of drop, zig-zag, and upper bay turn were as fast at the end of the day as they were last night. That section is breaking in QUICKLY. There are now several spots where the upstops are riding the lip pretty hard.
DSC05682.jpg
Bottom of the first drop.
DSC05684.jpg
Zig-Zig after the first drop
DSC05685.jpg
Waiting in line is almost as much fun as the ride! When the train goes overhead here, EVERYTHING shakes!
DSC05687.jpg
First drop. Notice back seat riders' ejector air!
DSC05688.jpg
Haulin azz on the upper bay turn
DSC05690.jpg
The big turn and drop.
DSC05699.jpg
Third big drop. This one ends up going under the station past the photo camera.

Re: Re-Ride policy

Postby GuruGuys » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:39 pm

SKCfan wrote:I'll say this: It was WORTH "walking the plank" to ride the Boardwalk Bullet over and over! All the way!

The reality is that if you plan to marathon this coaster its probably a good thing, especially if you do a lot of back car or right seat rides as it gives you time to recuperate. This ride may not be the roughest every but it can get pretty aggressive deepening on your seat.

My opinion is that rows 5-7 are the tamest and if you sit on the left side it is the least jerky but you experience less airtime etc. I used to think the front train was the tamest but the right side of the first 2 cars can be rough. I'll only ride the back once every 5 rides or so at this point though TexCoaster coerced me into it a bit more than I would have liked.

There are a few odd seats as posted before. Seat 5R and seat 10R seem to have some weird ejector air moments.

It was really fun watching everyone ride for the first time and listening to so many talk about how long it has been since they have ridden a coaster. Several of the people we talked to went to the part just for the Coaster so it is bringing them customers that wouldn't have normally gone - a good thing!

Who will be out there tomorrow?

Postby GuruGuys » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:44 pm

SKCfan wrote:
GuruGuys wrote:
For those of you who just rode today: The coaster was running pretty slow. They will hopefully oil the track in the morning.

The coaster completed the circuit 15 seconds faster in the rain Friday night!

-GG

Slow? Huh? Those trains were flying.

Hehe. No, not really :)
Yes, the 2nd big hill by the lift hill exhibited a full click-click-click on the antirollbacks. That was the largest span of time to even try to catch your breath. The other small one was right before diving under the station.

Yeah, when it is wet you don't have chance to catch your breath :)

I can't imagine it going faster and shaving 15 seconds off the circuit time. WOW!
:omg:

Yeah, it really is a different ride then. The entire last section of the ride that kinda winds down a bit is intense. When the train arrived on the brake run it slide all the way up to were it starts to curve, around 5-6 seats further than normal, it was going so fast. I believed they have clocked it over 61 MPH in those circumstances! Everyone must catch it in the rain at some point.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SKCfan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:52 pm

GuruGuys wrote:
Yeah, it really is a different ride then.
Everyone must catch it in the rain at some point.

During my last ride @ about 9.50pm it started to sprinkle. The line was too long for me to ride again 'cuz I still had about a 2 hour drive home ahead of me.

I'm sure I'll get to ride it during a "wet run" sometime in the future.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!