Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby stealth2006 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:54 pm

My trips to the towers:
Quite Regular as I am 45 minutes/1 hour away!
Get into park:
Go straight to Rita
Corkscrew
Charlie
Then do Hex
Enterprise/Submission (first as you wont have to walk back up the hill if you do them before oblivion)
Oblivion
Spinball
Beastie (if you want the credit)
Teacups
Flume
Rapids
Minetrain
Duel
Nemesis
Air
Ripsaw

Fit lunch imbetween all that!
Then usually I have time to either do Rita/Nemesis/Air/Oblivion one or two more times at the end of the day!

Something I find easier, If you don't have children!
Get lunch on the go!
Quick baguette from Corner Coffee, or something quick from pizza slut, Kfc, or Mcd's!
Easiest as you can que and eat!
If not don't worry bout it! Aslong as its not in the next 3/4 weeks it will be fine!
As it is school trip season!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby IceDragon » Thu May 31, 2007 3:40 pm

AstroDancer wrote:There won't be 3 hour queue's, Alton Towers has not seen lines that long for ages. So don't worry about that.

Bull. Last year (while everyone was in school) the queue still hit 3 Hours and actually overflowed onto the plaza. It easily reaches 3 hours.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby AstroDan » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:33 am

IceDragon wrote:
AstroDancer wrote:There won't be 3 hour queue's, Alton Towers has not seen lines that long for ages. So don't worry about that.

Bull. Last year (while everyone was in school) the queue still hit 3 Hours and actually overflowed onto the plaza. It easily reaches 3 hours.

I don't wish to argue, but there are only one or two days in each season when a line reaches that length. At Electric Towers, the parks busiest days of the year, the longest queue was just over 2 1/2 hours for Rita. You may get a 2-2 1/2 hour queue in mid-July when the schools are visiting - but if it's off peak and it isn't school visit season you will never, categorically, see a 3 hour queue flowing out of the queue capacity! Typical queue lengths are around 30 minutes off peak.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Danzaw*nk » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:48 am

Don't I know you from somewhere Dan ;)

In seriousness, Alton will never get a 3 hour queue in Off Peak season. As Dan said, only maybe in school trip season and end of season events. Worst i've seen it is 2 and a half hour queue for Air on a weekend July which was lovely weather and noone could actually understand why it was so busy, was very quiet the next day though.

In my opinion, the best place to start in Forbidden Valley as rides are supposed to open at 10am but due to ERT in Forbidden Valley, Air and Nemesis will be open when you get there! So do Air, then the greatest coaster i've ever ridden, Nemesis a few times, Ripsaw for a soaking and maybe Blade if you're that bored.

I would then walk down to Gloomy Wood for Duel, it is very enjoyable, I love the ride! Afterwards head towards Katanga Canyon for Runaway Mine Train which is a great family coaster, then Rapids as it will still be a short queue as it should only be around 11am. Then if you fancy getting wetter I recommend the Flume, DO NOT sit at the front lol. Why not go for a quick spin on the Tea Cups before getting lunch at the Tavern or Mexican Cantina?

Afterwards, head towards Spinball Whizzer as the queue may be shorter due to people being at lunch. It usually has a long queue due to it's low capacity. Afterwards go for X Sector to do Oblivion and maybe Enterprise or Submission. Head towards UG Land but on your way go for a ride on Hex, it's theming is brilliant!

Next up I recommend doing Rita, Corkscrew and maybe UG Swingers. Then go for a ride on Charlie but only if the queue is no more than 20 mins otherwise don't bother. You should have more time left to catch the SkyRide back over to the Valley for some more Nemesis! :)

Hope you have a good time!

Dan
:D

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby handy-andy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:20 pm

Hey,

Just buy a fast pass from the people near spinball or guest services for £5. It gets you to the front of the queue on nemesis, air, oblivion and the flume! Plus you can buy it on the day of your visit. Then enjoy the trip without worrying if you will fit it all in.

Worked for me
This is my signature, quite amazing isn't it...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Danzaw*nk » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:05 pm

It is now a terrible £7 and £3 more if you want Rita.

Dan
:D

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Matty101 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:16 am

What you should do is.............

Nemesis
Air
Ripsaw
Blade
Duel
RMT
Rapids
Flume
Tea Cups
Spinball Wizzer
Enterprise
Submission
Oblivion
Hex
CATCF
Ug swinger
Corkscrew
Rita

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Alton goes Pirate crazy for 2008

Postby AstroDan » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:42 am

Alton Towers intend to re-invigorate the Merrie England area of the park for the 2008 season. After a fairly "challenging" 2007 season with the appalling weather reducing gate figures along with the really mediocre new additions (Haunted Hollow and Dung Heap) the park will clearly be hoping for better stuff next season.

As part of the parks current trend to lure more families into the resort, it is hoped to transform Merrie England into a newly themed Pirate adventure zone. The Tea Cup ride will be re-themed and a new kiddie round-ride introduced. The rumoured star attraction will be a new large scale Splash Battle which will be well themed. All of this is subject to planning approval in the coming weeks. There will also be entertainment, shopping and food outlets.

Thoughts?

PS: Just to tag on, in case you didn't know the parks halloween microsite is now up at www.altontowers.com/halloween - enjoy!

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:47 am

That doesn't sound like the woodie some lawyer dude said ground had already been broken on! Sounds like fun though, great idea trying to keep families around, instead of nothing but teens and thrillseekers.

Though with their blaming the weather for a bad year and then shooting for families, thems sounding much like Six Flags here! :lolr:
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Big fire at Alton Towers

Postby Rob.Lloyd » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:44 pm

Just heard that the Sky ride station in Forbidden Valley has been on fire. Alton was open because as they are running Scarefest where most ride are open until 9:00 pm.
Luckily during Scarefest the Sky ride closes at 4ish due to low lighting level.
The fire has spread to the surrounding trees at the top of the Valley by the Station. As soon as I get some more news I'll post it

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!