TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Does anyone else not like the name? I think it's kind pf a weird name for a coaster. I, along with many people here, am skeptical of the trains and not sure why they didn't just go with the traditional trains. Other than that, the layout looks fun and overall a very good coaster.

I give the name a big "lol". It seems like its a direct slap in the face to La Ronde's Goliath.

Like many of you, I'm not sold on the trains either. But, the true test of it will be actually riding it in May.

I'm just satisfied that its a (seemingly) good coaster coming to Wonderland. Its about time.

So Wonderland finally gets a coaster that can seat 4 across and they choose to only seat two across instead. This makes me sad. I like B&M seating and was really looking forward to it on this coaster. STUPID WONDERLAND.

Also, BEHEMOTH??!?!?? MapleHawk was much better.

I am happy about the coaster, but the trains and the name are really stupid.

It seems like its a direct slap in the face to La Ronde's Goliath.

And the logo even looks like a knock-off of the Goliath logo.

I'm also glad the park is finally getting a signature coaster. Although I haven't been to the park, their collection just seems kinda average in many ways.

Well I am happy for Wonderland, they were in dire need of a big new coaster

IMO 1991-2008 is an awful long drought for a Big thrilling GOOD coaster.

I have mixed feelings about the trains

Pro- Trains are ALOT longer, so you will get much better airtime in the front and back

Con- I do agree that the seating arangement sucks big time and it is like having 16 "single" seats is bad, I never heard anyone complain about 4 abreast seating before but I think alot of groups of 3 or 4 will think the train design sucks.

Layout has alot of potential depending on MCBR and trims.

Hopefully CF will see that big coasters bring in big crowds from the toronto area and they will keep building Big coasters for Paramounts red headed stepchild.

JEFF

I really looking forward to see how this coaster turns out. If the trims aren't used or if the just "kiss" the train like on nitro then they won't effect the ride. The trains don't really appeal to me but there's nothing we can do about that. Also, I can't believe the 85 degree first drop! There is definitely going to be some amazing air on the drop!

To me, the layout seems reminiscent of S:ROS at SFNE. Drop, Hill, Turnaround, Airtime hills, Twisty Section, Airtime hills. It's even next to the water like S:ROS! Of course, this is taller and steeper, but there are loads of trims and a huge MCBR... it doesn't seem as impressive. I'm sure it will still be a good ride, but that's just something I immediately noticed when I saw the layout.

Yeah the trains are a "tad" weird, but oh well. At least it's a hyper.

I think everyone should be thankful that its not a Goliath clone. Just knowing that it is not a clone of one of these boring coasters gets me excited. It should be a great coaster and I think we will all agree after it opens and we get to ride it.

Goliath boring?

I would hardly call Goliath South boring since it's my favorite steel coaster.

I haven't been on it's Northern cousin though.

Why? Goliath is a boring and overrated coaster by most peoples standards. At least the one at SFMM. I rode this thing right after it opened and a year ago.

Goliath at SFMM was not built by B&M and is not even remotley the same layout as the other North American versions (both built by B&M).

I never siad Goliath was a B&M. LOL And again I will say Goliath at SFMM is boring. My point was I am happy this new coaster is not a boring clone of Goliath.

well, Tmcdllr has been kinda quiet since y'all told him whats what,

This ride looks pretty sweet, I always have a soft spot for B&M Hypers, I doubt the trims will be on much stronger than Goliaths trims, so there's still hope for some airtime over those hills. The new trains look....eh, we'll see if they can pull the 1 x 2 x 1 arrangement better than Vekoma. I just wanna know what was wrong with the original trains. I thought they were fairly accomodating to mass crowds, and they looked DOMINATING when they were in action. Maybe, since this is just a prototype, people will give it iffy reviews, so B&M will go back to the original trains to keep their perfect track record with the GP.

Hooray new B&Ms!

Eh, at least the teaser wasn't lying. It's something Canada has never seen (and the world for that matter) - B&M fooling with their trains. Congrats Canada, you have a one-of-a-kind.

As far as the trims go....a necessity considering the speed the heavier trains will carry through the first part? Also, I highly doubt they'll hurt the overall ride at all.

Upon closer inspection, the seating arrangement may not be that bad.

These are my guesses:

-Each "car" has 2 separate rows

-Each row has it's own gate

-Each gate is clearly marked with a sign showing the seat arrangement

Granted most guests will prefer to sit together. But the split rows will be attractive for single riders, friends who don't mind being apart, and guests who want to ride sooner (since the split rows may tend to be less popular).

Advantages to this design (over Deja-Vu):

-Riders in the "split" row can still look across and see their friends screaming face

-Less potential for "surprises" as riders board the train (if rows are effectively marked)

= Negligible reduction of capacity

Are the benefits of this layout worth the fuss? Time will tell. But on paper, I think B&M have a clever idea.

It looks like it'll be a great coaster! The first drop should be intense and the horseshoe looks fantastic. The high, tight banking on B&M hypers is unbeatable. I think it's unfair to compare the seating to Deja Vu's. The B rows on DV truly seperate you from the other person, you can't even see them. Also, to get into the B row seats on the opposite side of the gate you have to go either behind your row, interrupting the following A row, or in front of the preceding A row, interrupting them. These trains are completely open, so there will be no interruptions of other rows, and you can still clearly see your co-rider, and even interract with the people in front of you somewhat. I think these trains could turn out to be very popular. The only thing that really worries me is the big MCBR coming *right* before the helix. But check out that transition after the helix... looks pretty damn cool!

I will say the name is ridiculous, but oh well. At the end of the day it's the actual ride that matters, right?

From a purely enthusiast point of view, I think that these trains are pretty cool. I find the inside seats on normal B&M's to be fairly redundant as you can't see what's going on much, so having the option to sit on the outside and spaced out should give you a better view. Plus, it's original and something the world has never seen on a B&M. We'll have to wait and see what the GP thinks of it though.

The park should really have a hit on it's hands here and I can't wait to ride it.

To me, the layout seems reminiscent of S:ROS at SFNE. Drop, Hill, Turnaround, Airtime hills, Twisty Section, Airtime hills. It's even next to the water like S:ROS! Of course, this is taller and steeper, but there are loads of trims and a huge MCBR... it doesn't seem as impressive. I'm sure it will still be a good ride, but that's just something I immediately noticed when I saw the layout.

Twister section? I just saw brakes and a helix.

I can see some benefits to the funky train design that will probably mess operations up a bit. To me one of the motivations behind the change could be to give everyone a more open feeling on the ride, thus making it a little bit more exciting for some people.

If I ever go to the park I'll be looking forward to riding it simply for the 85*, 230 ft first drop in the back row. I kind of find it funny that most people are pretty content to go on a Wacky Worm at an obscure park in the middle of nowhere to get the credit, but some of the rides with real potential are so highly criticized. Can't please everybody all the time I guess.

85*, 230 ft first drop in the back row.

Yeah, that first drop is pretty much the defining moment of the ride I would say. From the animation it looks like the back row will go over the drop so fast, hopefully producing some sweet ejector airtime.

EDIT: You know, I just realized that I am getting an odd feeling of Deja Vu from this train design

I have to give to to CF. They obviously thought hard about the name and the color scheme is something we obviously haven't seen before. IMO im not really impressed by the layouts. An Intamin would of been alot better. Its just a bunch of hills...

So how many feet did this beat the other Canadian "hyper". i am just curious since the CP fanboys always say that it is SF who just adds a few feet to a coaster to claim it is the biggest.

About 60 feet. 56 feet exactly I believe.