TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Waldameer Discussion Thread

Yes.

Damn, just the bents they have up now make it look awesome. I'm torn between doing a Texas trip for Boardwalk Bullet or a PA trip for this (and a few others that I want)... mmmm

Of course, it's always hard to tell without actually riding the thing, but this definitely looks like my kind of ride. I'm starting to think about a trip to this new-to-me park next year, as well.

I've heard that they decided not to use the 1-bench trains because they don't want to take a chance on anything else going wrong with their plans for this coaster. I don't know if it's official though.

I am torn on this one too. I've been thinking about the Texas trip, but this coaster is really grabbing my attention. My wife and I went up near Erie before in '99 on our way to Niagara Falls and Toronto...we may have to think about re-visiting that trip again as a possible family vacation next year.

Ravine Flyer II, CW's new coaster, plus all the credits I didn't get up there in '99.

This coaster when its finished will look great. Deffinetly a must ride.

This might be the must useless post ever on TPR. Congrats to you.

Was that comment really necessary?

Anyway, I'm so glad that this park is only an hour away from my camp! I hope they are using the single bench trains, if they don't, this coaster will probably age badly and be rough and unenjoyable in only a matter of a few years.

Yes, I think it is necessary to point out to members when they make an unnecessary post. It is one thing to see something that exists and point out that it looks great. It is quite another to speculate how great something will look when it is complete. Commenting on how sketches and designs makes sense but saying an uncompleted rides will look great is USELESS.

For the record, I'm looking forward to riding Ravine Flyer II but will not speculate on the greatness or look of the ride until I ride it.

and you proceeded to beat it by posting one that was even more useless -- Congrats to you too!

Back to topic. where exactly on site is this construction occurring and have they started to work on the bridge that will go across the road? To me, THAT will be the major thing of this construction. I would almost think they would have to build the bridge at night so to not disturb traffic in and out of the state park

Yes, I think it is necessary to point out to members when they make an unnecessary post. It is one thing to see something that exists and point out that it looks great. It is quite another to speculate how great something will look when it is complete. Commenting on how sketches and designs makes sense but saying an uncompleted rides will look great is USELESS.

For the record, I'm looking forward to riding Ravine Flyer II but will not speculate on the greatness or look of the ride until I ride it.

I'm not one for argueing because it goes nowhere, but I must correct something. Most of us who've been keeping a watchful eye on this project already know what it's going to look like when it's done because a 3D rendering was already posted in another topic related to this coaster. Hence the guy saying it will look even better in real life.

I can see that many are looking at RF2 for it's criss-cross section over the highway, but this ride is going to be seriously twisted in sections. Especially in the second half of the ride it appears RF2 will be making some serious turnarounds.

While it won't be an airtime monster, it looks like it will provide some nice pops of air . And according to the illustration I've been looking at this thing will be a minute and a half long, and hit 57mph. '08 will definently find me visiting Waldameer at some point!

Back to topic. where exactly on site is this construction occurring and have they started to work on the bridge that will go across the road? To me, THAT will be the major thing of this construction. I would almost think they would have to build the bridge at night so to not disturb traffic in and out of the state park

It is behind the Pirate Ship, the Sky Ride Station, and Whipout. In the Train turn around area. And down the hill and across the street. And no they have not started on the brige besides some steel driven into the ground.

It is behind the Pirate Ship, the Sky Ride Station, and Whipout. In the Train turn around area. And down the hill and across the street. And no they have not started on the brige besides some steel driven into the ground.

Thanks, I was having a hard time placing where it was from the photos. I have only been to the park once, and it was sort of an accident that we even "found" it.