TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

and you don't feel the trims after the launch at all.

I beg to differ, this was the only letdown of the ride IMO. You fly out of the tunnel just to slam into brakes, its quite depressing.

^Yeah, you definitely feel them. I love that launch, but the trims right after is one of the dumber moments in coaster history. I would have plenty happy if they had just done an insanely quick 60 mph launch without the brakes.

Oh well, I still love the ride.

I thought Maverick was a great ride. I just don't think it's the best there though. I do agree that the turn is pretty dumb, when they trim it to heck. Also I think if they didn't mess up with the barrel roll the ride would have been alot more exciting for me.

Got a message from Cedar Point via myspace and they sent along the following image with the topic: New for 2008. Looks like they've already started digging for a new ride/attraction for next season. Not much to look at just yet but this is certain to develop.

NBP264.jpg.61b792eae012c7ba14aad655468403f9.jpg

Anyone know what part of the park this is?

Got a message from Cedar Point via myspace and they sent along the following image with the topic: New for 2008. Looks like they've already started digging for a new ride/attraction for next season. Not much to look at just yet but this is certain to develop.

That looks like the greenery around Paddlewheel Excursions and near Mantis.

Makes sense, as that's the least developed remaining land.

I saw the Paddlewheel Excursions go by a few times, but never saw the entrance to it, it looked like it would provide some awesome photo opportunities. Yay for 2008 construction!

-J "I already have that AquaTrax credit" Z

EDIT:

Here's what the blog says:

"While walking through the “backstage” area of the park, we noticed something that we remember seeing one time before…

Could this be the start of something good?

Alas, no mysterious blueprints found."

I don't know or care what it will be, but I can guarantee we will have 100 pages of useless, mind numbing predictions. That will be followed by 100 pages of people saying that this new ride will be the greatest thing ever, second only to the wheel or fire. That will then be followed by another 50 page thread whining about when it will open and more whining if it doesn't open on time. All this will be done while said posters shine up their CP fanboy kneepads to show their appreciation.

If anything, flat ride or family area.

Then again, I just wish CP would kind of update their water park. It looked so old (and I barely saw people in there, too). Also, I think the park needs a new family area since the three they already have seem out of date (do kids these days know who Snoopy is?).

Just a thought though.

...looks like the greenery around Paddlewheel Excursions and near Mantis.

Makes sense, as that's the least developed remaining land.

Yes we MUST remove all trees! Trees are bad- blacktop and trashcans are good!

And ^They aired Snoopy cartoons on the Disney Channel up until a few years ago- which is odd because they rarely if ever any more show old Disney cartoons.

My ideas...

New Flat Ride

----------------

Plausible - Though I see them going more in a family approach.

Kiddie Ride

--------------

Plausible - They need a few more "kids" attractions there.

Wild Mouse

-------------

Plausible yet highly unorthodox for CP

Family Play Center

----------------------

Plausible

If anything, flat ride or family area.

Then again, I just wish CP would kind of update their water park. It looked so old (and I barely saw people in there, too). Also, I think the park needs a new family area since the three they already have seem out of date (do kids these days know who Snoopy is?).

Just a thought though.

IMO, CF needs to move all the crap from Soak City over to Geauga Lake. Then they have more space at CP to build 900 foot coasters.

I will be holding you personally responsible if they take out Camp Snoopy. I will also more than likely loose control and maul you.