TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This is my new favorite coaster! My very first ride was in the very back and man that drop was insane! My mom said she saw stars on that drop! The low to the ground turns were awesome, as was the ejector airtime hill that whipped you over. The 2 inversions were surprisingly fun with some airtime on them, especially the second one. Then comes the insane launch in the tunnel. Man that was sensory overload! The lights made me dizzy, and you shoot out into daylight again. The turn over the lake was fun, S-Bend was ok. but the 2 Stengel Dives were sweet, they literally pushed you to the side! Over another airtime hill and end brakes. Pure sex.

So, I have to admit. My last day working on Maverick was two weeks ago, and already I miss the ride. I racked up 52 rides on it while working at the Point this summer, and I've realized it really is an amazing ride.

And to those of you that said hi to me this summer, I love you. Fill all the empty seats.

Did anybody who has ridden it recently notice that there is a vibration when the train moves at high speeds?

The patented Intamin Rattle. I find its not really high speed areas only, but high speed areas combined with some twisting of the wheel assembly. I dont notice it much in a straight line but when banking and taking it at higher speeds its just typical.

Much like MF's Super Intamin Rattle which makes it oh not so much fun.

The Intamin rattle is so noticeable on Maverick, you can hear it when you stand on the midway. I noticed it about a month ago. It sure didn't take long!

The ride's still tons of fun. I rode it on Sunday.

I got to ride Maverick for my first time on the July 24 during the hotel special hours? I was there with camp and I rode front row. I really didn't enjoy it that much the first time since it hurt my neck. The next day I sprinted with one of my camp friends and we got on the 13rd ride of the day becuase we stopped sprinting for about 10 seconds to catch our breathe. We went front row again that day but for some reason I enjoyed the ride an incredibly large amount more this ride... I don't know why! I just did and it took my #1 coaster. Maverick is an amazing ride IMO.

-coastakid

I got to ride Maverick for my first time on the July 24 during the hotel special hours? I was there with camp and I rode front row. I really didn't enjoy it that much the first time since it hurt my neck. The next day I sprinted with one of my camp friends and we got on the 13rd ride of the day becuase we stopped sprinting for about 10 seconds to catch our breathe. We went front row again that day but for some reason I enjoyed the ride an incredibly large amount more this ride... I don't know why! I just did and it took my #1 coaster. Maverick is an amazing ride IMO.

-coastakid

Maverick is a back seat ride, though the front is still good.

Why didn't you ride in the back?

-coastakid

Maverick is a back seat ride, though the front is still good.

Why didn't you ride in the back?

I'm not really sure... maybe it was just becuase my whole group was waiting for front and I didn't feel like waiting at the exit? Haha, I'm not really sure. Well anyhow, I enjoyed it a lot in the front so now I can't wait till next summer to ride in the back!

• 3 weeks later...
FYI, if you just ask, they'll give you the seat you want 99% of the time.

OT: Erik, I looked for a supposed Whataburger location in Clearwater last week... to no avail.

Maybe they are not there yet, though Clearwater is famous for having the original Hooters. I have 2 Whataburgers within 5 miles from my house.

This ride was way over-hyped and total let down.

I really don't care if I ever ride it again and if I do I probably wouldn't wait anymore then 20-30 minutes for it.

There are far better rides at the park... like DISASTER TRANSPORT!!!

So it WASN'T sex in coaster form for you??

Give it some credit, it was at least great foreplay! It and Raptor are in a balls out fight for the best ride in the park!

I thought Maverick was great, random-fun. It was like California Screamin's adventerous and expirimental younger-brother. Whereas CA-Screamin has graceful, swooping-turns that ensure a balanced ride, Maverick sort of went where it wanted to go and did what it wanted to do. I very much enjoyed it.

-Jahan