WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 184: New destinations coming to Star Tours this December!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:31 pm

Wow, didn't pay much attention to this thread until I found out that my Ex's Sister and Brother-in-law were very good friends with the child's family. Sad that it hit so close to home. :(
Signature.

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:51 pm

First, and I've discussed this in the the "Fmaily Sues Disney" Thread, the Good Samaritan Law is only as good as the jury you put it in front of. Quite honestly, I don't have much faith in jurys over the past decade. They often throw out strong legal arguments and law and form their own opinions granting plaintiffs immense awards (think tobacco suits). So, just because it's "law" doesn't mean it's set in stone.

Second, all employees are covered under their employer's liability policy under circumstances such as this. The family cannot file suit against them individually as they were an agent of the employer at the time of the incident.

Third, there's a lot of legal arguments about the placing of AED's in parks, buildings, etc. Some feel it opens more liability on the property owner than if they don't have one at all. And yes, I've heard the arguments on how "dumb proof" they are. Just remember there's always a better idiot.

I guess if they sue and get a large award, the family can take a Permanent Vacation.

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:04 pm

Wes41190 wrote:
JT3000 wrote:And I think we get the point, Wes. Someone's dead and you're trying to find funny ways to list Aerosmith songs. Bravo. :|

Get A Grip.

Simpsons comic book guy says: "Best... Reply... Ever"

-James Dillaman

Idiot.

Name Change Official for Disney-MGM Studios!

Postby Swoosh » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:13 am

New Name, More Magic for Disney Theme Park

In the Walt Disney World® Theme Park famous for all things Hollywood, it’s curtain up on the launch of new attractions, new looks, new breakthrough experiences… and a brand-new name. Disney-MGM Studios will be renamed Disney’s Hollywood Studios, effective January 2008, announced Meg Crofton, president of the Walt Disney World Resort.

“The new name reflects how the park has grown from representing the golden age of movies to a celebration of the new entertainment that today’s Hollywood has to offer – in music, television, movies and theater,” she said.
With exciting coming attractions and experiences, the best and brightest of Hollywood is about to emerge for your Clients, Crofton said.

“As Disney continues to grow and invest in our family entertainment business, we constantly explore new ways to deliver high-quality, immersive experiences for our Guests,” she added. “As a park all about entertainment, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will deliver like never before. Now we can say that Hollywood is literally our middle name.”

"This is easily one of the most ambitious attractions rollouts in the 18-year history of the park,” Crofton said. “With so many great coming attractions, we are thrilled to be launching a Studios year unlike any other. Wrapped in a brand-new name… Disney’s Hollywood Studios.”

New Attractions & Experiences

Toy Story Mania!
Your Clients can get sporty in a new, interactive “Toy Story” competition inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story” films and hosted by characters like they’ve never before experienced. Past a queuing area featuring a giant Mr. Potato Head, guests grab 3-D glasses, board fanciful ride vehicles and zip into a world of exciting midway-style games hosted by many of their favorite “Toy Story” characters including Woody, Hamm and Rex. Toy Story Mania! takes the interactive ride-game experience to infinity – and beyond. (Summer 2008)

Block Party Bash
Play, party and dance as the Disney•Pixar Film Pals present “Block Party Bash,” the wildest, most interactive parade in Disney history. (Spring 2008)

Playhouse Disney-Live on Stage!
A whole new cast of friends from Playhouse Disney fills the popular Playhouse Disney stage. Children will be on their feet singing, clapping and dancing to performing stars from “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “Little Einsteins,” “Handy Manny” and more. (February 2008)

Disney High School Musical 2: School’s Out!
With new songs and a rollicking new spirit, the Disney Channel Original Movie “High School Musical 2” comes to life on the streets of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It is interactive fun as high-energy performers on a traveling stage invite all ages to catch Wildcat fever by singing and dancing. (Fall 2007)

Meet and Greet Adds Handy Manny
Disney Channel stars JoJo and Goliath and the Little Einsteins welcome Guests in the Animation Courtyard next to Playhouse Disney, and will be joined for the first time by Handy Manny later this year. (November 2007)

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Location: Coney Island by Day. Staten Island by Night. Tokyo in my Sleep!

Postby CycloneMan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:19 am

I didn't find this in the news anywhere.

-Dainan " :?r " Rafferty

Idiot.

Postby Swoosh » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:20 am

It was released less than 20 minutes ago. Give it a little bit of time. ;)

Postby CycloneMan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:24 am

Allright, great! Where is this source from?

-Dainan "I'm currently posting this on my forums" Rafferty

Idiot.

Postby Swoosh » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:26 am

http://www.wdwmagic.com/disney.htm
When Steve posts something on there, it is the real deal.

Postby CycloneMan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:29 am

Thank you very much again!

Wow, I can't believe this! I really don't like the name...but it could be worse!

-Dainan "Imagine, Disney's Adventure Studios :omg: " Rafferty

Idiot.

Postby Swoosh » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:31 am

I guess the press release is slowing making its rounds. The news has appeared on other sites now. I would imagine that we'll have a "hard copy" on one of the major news sites by this evening.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!