The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ LOL, you beat me to it!! I was just about to say, regarding this caption:

Lou and Hector may *look* calm, but they really are about to poo poo porcupines in rapid fire mode.

We WERE both calm! Both of us were loving it up there, as we were waiting in the queue I kept waiting to get nervous and it freaked me out when I didn't, until Robb sat in the seat in front and I kid you not, the whole thing rattled! THEN we were worried! And hell, as much as I can make "Robb is fat" jokes all day, he really isn't *that* fat, certainly not big enough that he should make a Starflyer wobble. But anyway. My laughing face in that one pic says it all, EGF just made me giggle!

Dave Lawrence described the first drop as a "religious experience", which I agree with, but those trims... Yeah, it's trimmed hard, and you REALLY feel it in the back. Still an incredible coaster though, I can imagine how amazing the whole ride would be if the trims were lighter.

Has EGF been retrofitted with those terrible new restraints are being installed on the S:ROS coasters? I'm still trying to figure out what genius thinks it's a good idea to have bars pressing against the rider's shins.

B&M may win by default if all the Intamin hypers get these absurdly bad new restraints.

THose new restraint things were a Six Flags thing, not an Intamin thing.

And yeah, I was very bummed that GeForce was not running up to it's potiential that day. It EASILY can beat out SROS when it's running in top form.

Oh well.....

*sigh*

^ But did it even have a chance to be?

A bad day on GeForce was still pretty damn awesome, I'd love to get a good day!!

Yes quaddie, it did. It had everything in its favor to be the #1.....the weather, the people, the ERT, the park reps, and the hype. As Robb mentioned, the trims killed it. If they were totally off, I dunno....we'd have to see. I prefer SROS layout better since it has less MF overbanks but love the setting over the trees and the creek (or was it the raft ride?).

If we had just ridden Balder one time, it probably wouldn't be my favorite coaster of all time. But the whole experience made it #1. Oh that's right, you didn't ride Balder !

And yeah, I was very bummed that GeForce was not running up to it's potiential that day. It EASILY can beat out SROS when it's running in top form.

Oh well.....

*sigh*

Can you bribe them to turn the trims off?

Oh well.....

*sigh*

Can you bribe them to turn the trims off?

I'm sure if we told them that everyone on the trip would rank it #1 in the internet coaster poll they would turn off the trims!

--Robb "Although with the trims off, it would be ranked accurately anyway!" Alvey

Man Robb, if I were you I would've been deaf from Hoffman girl screaming!

I've always wanted to ride that thing. Great update!

BTW, is the airtime comparable to El Toro's? Or is the ride experience similar to Superman at SFNE? Just trying to get a better idea of what the ride feels like.

Thanks for the awesome update! Ge Force looks incredible! One question, what are the conditions that you are allowed to walk up the lift? I would think more people would go up if they could, so is it just you who has special permission?

-Nick "I'd love to go up there" Cramer