TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow, the parks in Europe are so beautiful. This one especially.

Does anyone know how the name of that ride is pronounced? Is there going to be another instructional video this year on how to pronounce a foreign word(I'm referring to the video of Bobbejaanland of course)?

Was that Kidtums' first Lou Boob credit?

Congrats KT!

Does anyone know how the name of that ride is pronounced?

As the un-official official translator of the German part of the Mini-Europe Trip, I feel compelled to answer this question

G'Sengste Sau

geh ZENGS steh Sauw

It means "burning mad pig" in a strange, southern German kind of slang.

I like KidTum's little "thumbs up/peace sign!" What does that coaster translate as- its Pig right?

PS: I now have twice as many posts as I have credits!

Actually, she's signing "three"! (And some one said it was the "I love you" sign- they're wayy off on that one. The "I love you" sign has the thumb, index finger and pinky finger extended, while the middle and ring fingers are folded).

As the un-official official translator of the German part of the Mini-Europe Trip, I feel compelled to answer this question

G'Sengste Sau

geh ZENGS steh Sauw

Nice try, MrMorgan, but not quite right

It's more like "Gzenk-teh Zauw" I think. And it's spelled "G'sengte Sau", without the extra-s . Just like Robb spelled it.

I like your translation, though Word by word it would be "singed sow". This term is normally used for your typical, "I'm-driving-160-miles-per-hour-on-the-autobahn-LEGALLY" and "why-should-I-slow-down-in-this-turn" kind of driver. When they see one, most Germans will say: "He's driving like a singed sow!"

Ok, smart-ass-mode off. Tripsdrill is awesome. And your photos capture that nicely, Robb!

Jon, Jamez bought pants either in Germany or just before we left Spain. I think he'd finally reached his limit with the shorts.

YAY! Chris, you HAVE to wear it for midwest too. I'm pretty sure it's ok to surgically stitch it to his head...

Fixed that quote for you Dave.

G'Sengste Sau

geh ZENGS steh Sauw

Nice try, MrMorgan, but not quite right

It's more like "Gzenk-teh Zauw" I think. And it's spelled "G'sengte Sau", without the extra-s . Just like Robb spelled it.

I like your translation, though Word by word it would be "singed sow". This term is normally used for your typical, "I'm-driving-160-miles-per-hour-on-the-autobahn-LEGALLY" and "why-should-I-slow-down-in-this-turn" kind of driver. When they see one, most Germans will say: "He's driving like a singed sow!"

Ok, smart-a$$-mode off. Tripsdrill is awesome. And your photos capture that nicely, Robb!

I don't know who's being the smart ass, but our other German friends also told us it litterally meant "burning mad pig" (as well as a term for someone driving insanely fast.)

I thank both you and Morgan for helping translate, but I'm not sure there was any reason to get so nit picky.

G'sengte Sau a bit easier to English-speakers:

g (like in girl)

zeng (like in amazing, but with an e like in messy)

tuh

zow (like show, but starts with z)

Anyway, it's a great ride btw, ultra smooth too. And it was featured in "Wetten Dass?!" (hence the sign just before the first helix), a German show in which people come and say "wanna bet ?" (wetten dass ?) that they can do something special, unique, amazing.

Well, one time, a guy rode this coaster without a car / train:

Looks dangerous ? Well, it is. In fact, the guy broke his back during a test run.

But he survived and managed to win his bet months later, by completing the entire course while holding a glass of beer. I think that was his bet. Something in the lines of "Wanna bet I can complete the course on roller skates while holding a full glass of beer, not spilling it during the ride."

It was full when he left the station and still was at the end of the ride. He won and it's still one of the most amazing stunts featured on the show.

Amazing!

^^Yeah, no reason to get all "burning mad pig" or "singed sow" about it. Both would be great names for a band, by the way.

Those German parks look great--definitely a nice preview for the big Europe trip.