TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I the only one who thinks that you would pull about 10,000 g's upon impact with he water on Nautic Jet? (Boat Jumper) Because it seems like, you go backwards like a boomerang, over a nice airtime hill, and SMACK!!! Your arse hits the seat.

Vekoma"It has to be at least 4 or 5 gs!"Fan Boy

I'll have you know I speak proper English, none of this Northern rubbish! If you can't understand it that means you're speaking the language wrong!

On that note, the time is now "forty-five to quarter to eleven"

Pshhh, everyone knows Americans speak the proper English. None of this half-thwice eleventy-thousand following the quarter of the five, tip of the morning hat to you.

Oh, now I've got the craving to listen to some Beatles...

I never did find out why you guys were calling them "Sea pigs"... what did I miss?!

The literal translation from the German comes out as "Sea Pigs". It's a bit of a let down really, I was expecting something far more entertaining...

Waterviper, it's not the water i was worried about, it was that oh so cosy looking concrete wall getting ever nearer to me.

I never did find out why you guys were calling them "Sea pigs"... what did I miss?!

The literal translation from the German comes out as "Sea Pigs". It's a bit of a let down really, I was expecting something far more entertaining...

Actually, the literal translation would be "Sea Piggies". Is that more entertaining to you? If it's not, well, then trust me that having an English speaker trying to pronounce "Meerschweinchen" can be very entertaining, at least to Germans

German animal names can be quite self explanatory at times. The German word for Sloth for example translates to "Lazy animal" or, my favorite one, platypus which the Germans refer to as "beak animal".

But back on topic, Klotten looks like such a great place. I can't believe I've never been there although it's such a short drive from home. Something I've definitely to catch up.

Am I the only one who thinks that you would pull about 10,000 g's upon impact with he water on Nautic Jet? (Boat Jumper) Because it seems like, you go backwards like a boomerang, over a nice airtime hill, and SMACK!!! Your arse hits the seat.

It's actually not that bad at all. It was very scary the first time because you just don't have any idea what it's going to be like. The impact isn't really that hard, I think mostly because you're going so fast in a forward direction. I remember building sledding jumps at the bottom of hills when I was a kid so that you'd fly off the jump, get massive air, and then land on flat land with basically no momentum. THAT hurts. The Boat Jump thing is slightly jarring, but not painful, and all in all a whole lot of fun.

Last time i rode a nautic jet, I "unfortunately" pulled the rope just after the boat made it back to the station. Nice to be soaked when the boat makes it slowly down the drop and gets flooded by water. Don`t try this!

Greetings

schrubber

Nice new photos from the add on .

That Boat Jumper ride looks sick, from the video its a good height to go up. I would just be afraid that the boat wouldn't stop in time and you would end up going through the fence at the end.

Looks great with the boat shots in mid air.

Rob,

Truly we did everything we could. Including trying to get you so drunk you couldn't make your flight home. Then you would have had no choice but to come along on the add-on. But alas, your livers are just too strong for that Spanish beer.

It's actually not that bad at all. It was very scary the first time because you just don't have any idea what it's going to be like. The impact isn't really that hard, I think mostly because you're going so fast in a forward direction. I remember building sledding jumps at the bottom of hills when I was a kid so that you'd fly off the jump, get massive air, and then land on flat land with basically no momentum. THAT hurts. The Boat Jump thing is slightly jarring, but not painful, and all in all a whole lot of fun.

Thanks for clearing that up Morgan!

Hello

Is anyone having trouble viewing this post and video?? Only a few of the pics load up for me and the vids don't work. It also happens on another post from the Spain trip. Anyone any ideas why???

Cheers

Paul

The next park on the Mini-Europe trip was "Tripsdrill." It's mostly a park for kids, but it's VERY well landscaped, and has quite a few unique "funky" little rides.

It's almost like if Legoland and Bonfante had some wicked sex and this is what the offspring was.

Anyway, here are some photos and a POV of the coaster.

tripsdrill.zip

Zip version. Die.

tripsdrill.wmv

POV of Tripsdrill's coaster "G'sengte Sau"

(Yes, there's a zip version...scroll down)

dave_tripsdrill_551.jpg.a381cf6d2b142fd337926a9b212020ba.jpg

"I really hope I don't get banned for this...." =)

Photo by Dave L.

robb_tripsdrill53.jpg.8c0c0f550386606edfca70d575bdb1c1.jpg

Wet Hoffman Girl. Have you picked yourself up off the floor yet?

hanno_tripsdrill_562.jpg.41e8c450c0f3b22424668f6d4b99f4a6.jpg

Who knew the bathtub could be so scary?

robb_tripsdrill54.jpg.b34185a7064d5a9b21ef80bfaf806013.jpg

Inside was quite the display of BOOBIES!!!! (some of them were quite saggy.....YUK!)

davespain543.jpg.b34a84c81192169d9fc45064f3a00726.jpg

The "bathtub" log ride was also built into one of these village looking houses.

hanno_tripsdrill_560.jpg.abfa34c822018290043b00eb4b7dcdfd.jpg

OMG! Mike, you and your tounge should be making movies in Chatsworth! And why does Jow look like he's about to poo-poo a porcupine??!?!

Photo by Hanno Roos

dave_tripsdrill_560.jpg.535061c450af6b8199a93e6553f2d59e.jpg

Is it just me or do Dave and Lou both have that "we just had sex" look on their face?!?!

Photo by Dave Lawrence (The Bat)

robb_tripsdrill51.jpg.a1ea2b584e166c5c34a2b6dd3cf0718f.jpg

Morgan translates for us. "You will be served squid testicles and monkey eyeballs...ENJOY!"

robb_tripsdrill49.jpg.76ecdf0ec90f833bfa7c42b196e1ef59.jpg

We're all together for a proper German meal (we think!)

hector_tripsdrill_868.jpg.c5f1bf6c8a643fb6af331bfa3d5be3d5.jpg

See, the whole park looks like this...it's "nice"

Photo by Hector

jeff_tripsdrill_555.jpg.2b0081a47e3151420c25a518ef13aa11.jpg

Both KidTums and I get the Lou credit! (I just love the fake enthusiasm look on her face!)

Photo by Jeff "Old Man" Johnson

hector_tripsdrill_872.jpg.bb5fa9e94ba9e32e62860029a9fa5dcc.jpg

Lou gets the Hector credit.

Photo by Hector (duh!) aka RCFreak

hanno_tripsdrill_561.jpg.87bcc36c6c91af60e81ae444c61a8e5c.jpg

Hector and Chris know....but they aren't tellin! :)

Photo by Hanno Roos

robb_tripsdrill43.jpg.067eedd992ed8bdf268ce5d2c392d3f3.jpg

The drop tower does something amazing....but we're not going to tell you about it! You have to find out on your own!

robb_tripsdrill26.jpg.eac237957f3cdae6ab4affc009c05221.jpg

"Hey Big Mike! Where's all those photos of the girls?"

robb_tripsdrill23.jpg.1b90a3150890a1fdc6936c41216e3caf.jpg

Need to worry about cutting the grass.

robb_tripsdrill24.jpg.42097cc803e43784534f90c2cc8f0cb7.jpg

They had a kiddie coaster, and that HAS to be the best photo of James...EVER!!!

robb_tripsdrill18.jpg.b60d442cc730ea38b538734f8e2e994e.jpg

There were random bridges, lakes, little houses, etc all over the place. Tons of stuff to explore.

robb_tripsdrill15.jpg.396ff56b15b4e854f7af7dabe6195084.jpg

Elissa and KidTums got to operate it too!

robb_tripsdrill17.jpg.35931d1f96eb542482dedf965424001c.jpg

Here you can see the winery up on the hill.

robb_tripsdrill02.jpg.c15f33d98c61dc315ebb8ea4749cb614.jpg

And they let KidTums and I operate the coaster, so they get bonus points for that!

robb_tripsdrill10.jpg.4a2be638a91724f7e74e21843c5fff8a.jpg

It wasn't quite as insane or airtime filled as the version at Klotten, but it had quite a bit of landscaping.

hector_tripsdrill_873.jpg.43be35776ef95fc4448a4cd92daeedd1.jpg

The coaster is called "G'sengte Sau" and is one of those Gerstlauer bobsled thingy's.

Photo by RCFreak

robb_tripsdrill01.jpg.74e9696e58802cd7d2a8424feb99b5a1.jpg

The park is very pretty and is set along side a winery. It's got that "traditional European village" look to it.

What a wicked update! I enjoyed reading it!

G'sengte Sau look like a decent roller coaster! Look like you have a mini version of Bouncy Bouncy on G'sengte Sau! Beauitful landscape!

Did Kidtums get any rides credit yet on the other side of the planet? Other than strollers credit...