The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Drunk monkeys.

peep1: Silver River Flume is really good value.

peep2: I want to get off Silver River Flume.

peep3: Great scenery!

peep4: I need to go to the toilet.

peep5: I feel sick.

I have internet access for the first time all trip (and this keyboard is entirely fucked up, so apologies fo any typos) and just read through this entire thread... Just wanted to say thank you to Robb for posting these mini-updates, some of these pics had me literally cracking up with laughter, so many great memories already! I also like that I know a couple of my friends are reading this and seeing where we've been, seeing as it's been somewhat busy and difficult to keep in touch!

Am about to head down to the bar for a drink but will probably post a big-ass long post of random thoughts later on, so much to say already and including the add-on we're really only halfway through!

This trip is all kinds of awesome. That is all.

-Lou

Port Aventura looks beautiful.

But, from what I can tell from the Furius Baco POV, Furius Baco looks a bit dissapointing. I expected Furius Baco to speed throug more caves/tunnels and I expected more "ground effects". It seems like it's just travelling at constant speed at an awkward height over the ground.

But, that launch must be very good. Forceful, but not too forcefull (so the launch takes a relatively long time) . And after the launch there is this dip. Must be a cool effect: sqeezed back in your chair and then a bit of airtime. Isn't it guys?

Furius Baco looks okay, it seems like a "Watch Me Go!" Ride, the onride footage makes the ride look A LOT slower than the offride. And was the ride, slam-your-head-over-every-piece-of-track rough, or was it, or were you just just hitting your head on the transitions between curves because it is unheartlined?

this park looks as good as it did when i was there, still one of my favourite parks ever. that pic with lou and the three guys reminds me of the SNL sketch (anyone know the one i mean, has the song with the lyrics "what is love, baby dont hurt me")

great TR this is very fun to follow

Port Aventura looks beautiful.

But, from what I can tell from the Furius Baco POV, Furius Baco looks a bit dissapointing. I expected Furius Baco to speed throug more caves/tunnels and I expected more "ground effects". It seems like it's just travelling at constant speed at an awkward height over the ground.

But, that launch must be very good. Forceful, but not too forcefull (so the launch takes a relatively long time) . And after the launch there is this dip. Must be a cool effect: sqeezed back in your chair and then a bit of airtime. Isn't it guys?

I don't think the POV does the speed and intensity of this ride justice. It also doesn't show off how rough it is, but I have to say to take a closer look at the offride footage and you'll see how insanely fast the coaster goes.

--Robb

I so wish we were there now! - You all look like you are having so much fun (and I am working nights this week )

We were going to go in september but I changed the plan to do Liseberg instead so I can get my 150th rollercoaster (hopefully on Balder)

I really love Port Aventura and Dragon Khan is my 3rd favourite rollercoaster at the moment - can't wait for our next visit.

Looking forward to the next update and the mini TPR trip reports

I swear, everytime I got to see the Baco PreShow I would yell out 'Monkey on a Bicycle!!!' and it would make my day!

Seriously I think it's my favorite pre-show/theming to any ride!!!

And yeah, the footage does not even convey how freakin fast the ride is. Too bad it's practically unrideable in the outside seats. If it was the same as the inside seats everywhere I would put it in my top 10.

that pic with lou and the three guys reminds me of the SNL sketch (anyone know the one i mean, has the song with the lyrics "what is love, baby dont hurt me")

That sketch is called "Night at the Roxbury" and was later made into a pretty cool movie. The song is What is Love? by Haddaway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfu0xAkEVOQ