TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

At No Coaster Con, S&S said that a screamin' swing was being built in the dells, but they didn't know where...

I was in the Dells with Director_Guy and even in the smaller wavepool at the wilderness, it was hard to stay above water in the 5 ft wavepool. I'm guessing that they won't allow tubes into the 9ft wavepool. If they do, then I'm sure that there'll be problems.

• 3 months later...

Durrr... call me an ACEr, but is it just me or do those walls at the side of the pool dont look NEARLY high enough to be the supposed height the waves are going to be? Not to mention it doesn't appear to be a very high capacity pool.

Durrr... call me an ACEr, but is it just me or do those walls at the side of the pool dont look NEARLY high enough to be the supposed height the waves are going to be?

What ?

9ft. should be slightly above Nick's (Nick = guy above, park owner) hands. And the walls are ALOT higher than that:

Definitely high enough.

Wow, so how long until a kid drowns in this pool? I'm giving it to the end of the month, but hopefully parents are smart enough to not have kids that far into the pool. This pool is impressive, but why not expand the old wave pool instead of building a whole new one, but hopefully they replace the old wave pool with a new water ride(tornado, large tube slide, etc) since it will probably get few swimmers now.

You know what would be cool, if that backing with the picture of poseidon moved, and you could see him get all mad, he would roar out, and slam the water, and when he did that a wave would form, it would be an interactive wave pool. I am suprised no one has ever thought of that, I think that if they designed the first interactive wave pool more people would come. And it would be a freakin' sweet experience.

Comment on my idea please, see what you think, I personally think it would be cool.

That would be a good idea to have Poseidon moving when a wave is created. He could "roar" instead of a siren to tell everyone the waves are being produced.

Hopefully the Park has some safety measurements in place so the under 16's are not allowed too near the front of the pool.

I'll grab my boggie-board and head for the 9ft high swell, so mad and great fun at the same time.

With all that extra cash the park can retrack their coasters esp "Zeus".

Someone post a "POV" of the waves..

I am just saying they put a screen on the back wall where the poseidon picture is formed, and just have poseidon moving about on the screen, and when a wave is coming, they have a roar of poseidon, then he gets all mad and raises his arms all godly, and says something and smacks the water really fast and when he smacked the water, the wave would come bursting out at the guests. And he would have 3 cycles of what he did.

I.E.

The Big Wave - He roars, dark clouds roll in, raises his hands, and slaps the water...

Bobbing Wave - He roars, wind comes in and whistles loudly, he multiple times hits the water in diferent spots to create the bobbing effect...

Surfing Waves - Roars, takes his staff thing, raises it, lightning strikes, then he lowers it in a mad rush of speed.

Also they could have a schedule of when bobbing waves are, big waves, and surfing waves, to appear on the screen around every 15 minutes.

Ah, now I see where you are coming from, cool idea. It would be pretty expensive though, since it is outdoors in daylight you would need to use one of those LED big screens like you see at stadiums. But having a screen at the back of a wave pool is not a new concept, a WnW here in Australia there is a large movie screen at the back of the wave pool which they operate at night, so its a floating cinema.

This pool is impressive, but why not expand the old wave pool instead of building a whole new one,

Not that simple mate, remember pools are built into the ground with quite a bit of concrete, so 'expanding' a pool would need quite a bit of jackhammering and reconstruction to the point that it just becomes more worthwhile to build a new pool. Also, they needed to build a whole new pool because of the 9' wave system. With these pools doing huge waves there is a lot more to it than just whacking a big generator at the back, the shaping of the pool comes into it to make sure the waves form correctly. Trying to retrofit this onto an existing pool would be a nightmare.

but hopefully they replace the old wave pool with a new water ride(tornado, large tube slide, etc) since it will probably get few swimmers now.

Why not keep both. From the pics that thing looks shallow, you would keep the old wave pool since you can actually swim around properly in the waves. Plus you could always build other slides elsewhere in the park.

But having a screen at the back of a wave pool is not a new concept, a WnW here in Australia there is a large movie screen at the back of the wave pool which they operate at night, so its a floating cinema.

No, I mean my concept is an interactive video. That can actually create waves whenever something happens on the screen. Not just a film randomly played. Man I wanna go to WnW in Austrailia. I went to the one here in Florida. Its tourist CENTRAL. Especially off of I-Drive. And it seems so random to just put a park right there on a packed road. And the parking sucks. Though the rides are awesome its just packed with TOURISTS! (No offense to tourists here on TPR) Its the tourists that have no FREAKIN clue where there going or how to drive. Or think they can do something but cant. Take Downtown Disney, at around 9 am. The road to get there with all the discount shops is PACKED WITH IDIOTIC TOURISTS who look at a map while driving which is really dumb because the sign says DISNEY THIS WAY 2 MILES!

Anyways I love the WnW here, its just the TOURISTS!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! This was the best expirience ever! I just got back from there, and I can only say that it was like a brick wall running into you. It is way taller than in any of the pictures, and the current that comes after the wave is really intense. It is actually an expirience in itself, and I can see them keeping their other wave pool because this actually runs on a 1:30 cycle of one large wave and a couple little ones. It is really fun, and I encourage you to get out there to try it out! It is seriously amazing!

P.S. - I will post my pictures once I get them scanned in, as it was a disposable camera.

I'm going next month, do they let you surf the waves like on a boogie board (and if so, do they rent them out)?

I am so up for 9 foot waves, where I don't have to worry about dropping in on a psycho local, sharks, and all manner of stingers.

^Holy cow! The friggen thing actually BREAKS! That's insane! I can't wiat to be there!

As for hte person whoa sked about boogie boards, I somehow doubt they'll allow them, this isn't a surf pool, its actually a rathernarrow wave pool, and if you surf you are very likely to hit people on the way