TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG!!! I learned about El Ave in Spanish class. It's one of the fastest trains on the planet, i believe it goes around 200 km/h. It was named after a spanish bird, which is why the logo has a seagull like graphic. I can't believe that you guys were on it.

As for the drop tower, my spanish tells me that they run programs at different highs(all the way, middle, and low) and goes up and drops a certain amount of times. Probably to meet the thrill standards of everyone.

OMG!!! I learned about El Ave in Spanish class. It's one of the fastest trains on the planet, i believe it goes around 200 km/h.

200 km/h is nothing. Almost every country with developed high-speed rail lines has trains capable of at least those speeds or greater. Heck, even the USA with its pitiful national rail system even has Acela, which tops out at over 200 km/h.

Looks fun, but that seems like quite a bit of travel just for the one small park in Seville.

As for the drop tower, my spanish tells me that they run programs at different highs(all the way, middle, and low) and goes up and drops a certain amount of times. Probably to meet the thrill standards of everyone.

The drop tower levels are actually refering to "emotional" levels, if you take another glance at the picture, not the height that the ride goes to. It also uses the symbols that ski areas use for beginner, intermediate, and advanced trails.

Great updates so far!

Let Lou know that her boob's beat out the Hoffman girls butt in the "Would you rather _____ or _____?" thread.

Ron "It was only one vote, I think we should start a poll!" Patton

I pretty much felt the same way about this park...it's a really gorgeous park, with very lush landscaping and lots of theming. If they would put in a great woodie and a large steel coaster, I could easily see it being a destination park. I'm glad everyone had a good time, and can't wait for more pics! And what, no Quetzal??

-Julie (who got her Llamas credit!)

First of all, how cool is it that the ride program is actually scheduled and posted for the drop tower? Imagine if they did that for TOT?

Second of all, I guess no one noticed it, but the SLC at Isla Magica actually has a bonus helix. It comes at the end right before the brake run.

I'm surprised no one mentioned it...