Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 953: New Kentucky Flyer construction photos posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Reon » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:53 pm

Thanks for taking notice in the interest of the gp (or rather TPR freaks here), Jake! I have been to SFKK a few years ago, and it was a decent park. Chang is a great ride, and I will give the park props for having the world's first dueling woodie and a shuttle loop, plus a great wild mouse. As for the general park, I have one major suggestion. Basically add more shaded areas, and a few more bathroom/water fountain points in the park. Especially on a hot day, this makes all the difference.

Hopefully I'll stop by sometime this year and take a spin on deluge. I need to go back and ride Penguin anyways, so I might aswell go when I'm off work.

-Jared
Proud Coney Island Ride-op for 6 years!
Kings Island MSD/Racer crew of 2011
Kings Island Vortex/Windseeker crew of 2012-2013
Best Coaster Ever: :airtimer: Phoenix :airtimer: Top Steel: Intimidator 305 (Maverick in CLOSE 2nd)

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Olsor » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:34 pm

Had a great time at SFKK last August. I only had a few hours before my flight out of Louisville, it was raining, and I was soaked... but I had a great time. Operations were a little slow, but then again, there were probably fewer than 100 people at the park. And everyone was polite. The woman at the parking booth called me "honey," and Bugs and Daffy gladly took a picture with a crazy, soaked out-of-towner.

As I walked around, I couldn't help but think that it was a very nice-looking park, and that I'd love to come back on a nicer day.
bugs n daffy.jpg
I am an idiot.
SFKK.jpg
Taken from my seat at the gate at the Louisville airport.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:29 pm

Hey Jay! Great to see you here. I really enjoyed the tour after HoliWood Nights in May, so thanks again for that. I wish you the best at SFKK, and keep up the fantastic work!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ConleyKE » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:37 pm

Hello Jay! I'm very glad to hear from you on the TPR boards. I am a cast member here at SFKK in the retail department and just want to applaud your hard work for our park over the past year. As I am at Kentucky Kingdom nearly everyday, I have noticed first hand all of the improvements added. Not only Deluge and the new kiddy area, but other minor additions are definitely steps in the right direction, such as the Cabanas, Brunch with Bugs, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, shadebrellas, cleaner faculties, tons of trash cans, new signs, fresh coats of paint, landscaping, and of corse friendier staff.

Honestly, I use to look down upon my homepark in years past, but I am now proud of SFKK and its new positive outlook. We all believe the family friendly approach to management is definitely a change in the right direction. As both a staff member and a guest, I truly appreciate all you have done for Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom.

Sincerely
Kevin Conley
I Love Llamas :)

Coaster Counter: 82

2 + 2 = donkey!

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Drop Ride Accident

Postby Coasterlicious » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:21 pm

http://www.wlky.com/news/13547817/detai ... u&psp=news

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Police confirmed that a girl's feet have been cut off at Six Flags' Kentucky Kingdom.
Officials said they got the call around 5 p.m. Thursday and both her feet were detached at the ankle.
According to MetroSafe dispatch supervisors, the girl was riding the Superman Tower of Power, which is 177 feet tall and drops riders at 54 miles per hour. According to Kentucky Kingdom, the girl was injured when the ride malfunctioned.

this was just on the tv like 2 seconds ago.

*Mod Edit: Added text of article to post.
Last edited by larrygator on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:06 pm.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:26 pm

Oh god, not another unfortunate accident happening on a ride thats on the midwest trip. And jesus, Intamin's now slice peoples' feet off?

:omg: That's gotta hurt for everyone involved.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Jolly jolly jolly jolly jolly

Postby Louise » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:27 pm

I don't understand, how could her feet have been severed by this ride? I mean, what kind of malfunction could have occurred? Terrifying, how awful.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby JFields » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:28 pm

A kid they interviewed outside the park said something about a cable snapping. Obviously just a kid but who knows. They are interviewing the PR Rep soon so we should know more.

Postby Wes » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:34 pm

Wow, sounds pretty awful.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:34 pm

Six Flags is on a roll this week. First they try to crush KidTums, and now they manage to sever appendages.

I really hope that the orthopedic surgeons can re-attach this girl's feet.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!