TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: My trip to Branson..

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome trip Cameron. I remember going up in the arch as a kid and my dad was extremely claustrophobic. It was a long ride up. I've not been to SDC, but need to make a detour there soon.

d

man your trip around Missouri was what I wanted to do this summer, but I get Ohio instead haha. SDC looks more incredible then I imagined it to be! I went to Dollywood last year and knew this park was compared to it and it sure looks like it, I love theming so this park would be really neat to visit. Thanks so much for sharing this I can't wait to see CBC!

I really need to get to indy beach for the double shot. I love hw's and love all tower rides now (drop and double shot). Funny thing is, that 13 months ago, I had never rode a coaster or even high thrills flat rides or water slides. Now I have done everything at Holiday World except the spider ride, which I will do Saturday.

Glad to see you enjoyed yourself in Branson, Cameron. SDC is one of my favorite parks out there, everything from their extensive theming, attention to detail, cute little things you have to look for to notice, large amount of trees, hills, streams, waterfalls, fire, excellent food at a reasonable price, homemade craft places scattered throughout the park, staff hospitality, great operations, and their variety of nicely themed rides and coasters PLUS the cave tour makes it just one of those places I really want to get back to. I think I actually like this place better than Dollywood. Hopefully within the next 2 years I'll be able to return there for another 3 days or so. Three days at one park is something I'd rarely do, but I never once got bored at SDC. And Celebration City wasn't too bad either, it was a lot nicer than some of the big chain parks.

Hopefully you got to enjoy the homemade ice cream, apple butter on a homemade apple turnover, and sasparilla. And did you get a chance to check out the tilt house and shooting darkride?

Looking forward to your photos from SFSTL, I chose to skip that park on my last visit just so I could have more time at SDC.

You definitely just added another place to my must-visit list...

It's so great to see all around fantastic parks that us folks on the coasts normally never hear about just cause they don't have a movie-studio name in front.

Hey Cameron! It's Alan from the Valleyfair meet-up in May. I will be going to Branson in August this year! Glad to see you had a great time. How long did it take you to get there from your home?

^^ It's an 8.5 hour drive from my place to Branson .. however I stopped in St. Louis on my way down for an hour (that's when I did the tour of the Arch). On the way home I stopped over-night to visit Six Flags St. Louis (photos coming soon..)

Cameron.

Awesome TR Cameron.

I miss SDC, that parks just rocks.

As good as Ozark Wildcat is, I was actually pretty let down with CC. Though it could have been due to SDC being soooo good, that something less then perfect just stands out that much more.

Great TR, Cameron! I was just there last October and I loved SDC. It is a beautiful park in a great setting. Unfortunately CC was already closed for the year at that time. Yesterday I went to SFStL so I'm curious to hear what you thought of it. Did you ride the new spinning coaster?

Thanks for all the great pictures.

MollyG