TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: CoasterMania '07

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent Report!

There will definitely NOT be any B&M flyer at CP, ever.

That is a pretty harsh statement.

A dive machine is not out of the question.

.. but why?

One of the gentlemen in charge of future ride installations or whatever, has been pushing for a darkride for years now.

When are they going to listen to him?

When discussing theming, Kinzel made the comment that if given the choice, he'd always rather spend an extra million on more track than theming.

Hysterical! This has pretty much always been my take on Kinzel.

GREATEST CEDAR POINT TRIP REPORT EVAR.

Nothing will ever top this and you made me look forward to CP even more on the midwest trip. Hell, this should be on the list of "Top five TR's not made by Robb and Elissa."

I have to concur. Having just returned from CP, your trip report was dead on, perfect, funny, compelling, and one of the best I have ever read. Great Job!

I could not agree more about the "hunching and leaning forward" on Maverick for a smoother ride. With that said, if you use this technique on the last seat, it really delivers - especially at night. I also agree the only low point of the TR was the "line jumper" section. Good try, but it fell short with me at least.

Thank god CP will never get a flyer, and totally bummed that no Intamin wood is in their future. Any idea why? I think a dark ride would be a great addition to the park, while a B&M floorless seems expensive and not really needed. No clue why they would even consider it (go figure).

I still smile over your Iron Dragon monorail comment - and think Mean Streak falls into a similar catagory. God does that ride sux. I could not wait to get off of it and hope they fix cause because it is certainly one of the most beautiful coasters out there. Especially at dusk/night.

Thanks again for all the work putting the TR together. Your hard work and humor really shined!

HAHA! I was already laughing by the second picture.

Awesome,Photo TR. Since Cedar Point boasts the most coasters at a park, are all of the coasters normally open?

Yep, most of the time they are, unless something drastic happens, like MF last year, or TTD's cable snapping.

First up, TTD. And Shannon rejoices, considering I already had a 400+ft. rocket credit under my belt, and she had to listen to me talk about it until now.

This could have a whole other meaning......

Awesome PTR!

Well I think that we should get Line Jumping Privileges or something. I mean come on, we pay the same taxes as everyone else (more if you are partnered) but don't have the same rights as everyone else- so I think we are entitled! Plus come on ACE would be 100% fat guys if it weren't for my people- okay some of them do double duty (no double pun intended) in that respect

93_163.thumb.jpg.77a51c2bc8df484fec6e5f3538a64e7e.jpg

I normally don't post here, but just because of the fact that you're from Dalton, GA (I'm from Ooltewah, TN), love Albino Squirrels (my ultimate frisbee team is named the Albino Squirrels), and wrote an awesome Cedar Point TR (I was there, like two weeks ago), so it was just to many coincidences not to post.

Nice TR

Not wanting to be too PC, but your list would have worked better for me if you had placed the names of other ethnic or racial groups that correspond to the designation "white trash" instead of just the ethnic or racial or sexual orientation name - i.e. "getto" instead of "black", "Euro trash" instead of European, "baja classe" instead of mexican.

What your list communicates is that just by being black or mexican or gay, people correspond or are similar to lower class white people. Not a huge deal, but you could have made the joke better. It's like "one of these things is not like the others..."

I see middle and upper class white people jumping lines all the time. Mostly at Six Flags parks, but whatever.

It was just a joke. And a very funny one at that. Try not to read too much into it.