TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Well, let me see...

To robb: I don't have got any more pics, I have to say that the ride accelerates faster than a F1 (135km/h in 3 seconds) and it's very difficult to catch it in action. I'm sorry..

to coaster Maniac: I don't know, It is said that there is express in the new ride, but this year the park has changed a little bit the "terms and conditions" of the express tickets, and I don't know how it's going to be..

About the theming, I give 9 points, and I don't give 10 because the theming during the ride is null, I know that it's impossible to see anything during the ride at 135km/h, but I think that is a mistake not to put good theming in there.

I think that Furius is the Best ride in all Spain now, maybe because is new and it's unique in the world. Although I have to say that I prefer Stampida than Dragon Kahn.

Well that's all, see you

Awesome shots there Gabrimm, thanks for posting them.

Its looks great, the themeing really has come on quick since I was there a few weeks back. Seems to be barrels everywhere.

Love the look of the barrels on the trains, really gives Furius Baco a unique look.

About the theming, I give 9 points, and I don't give 10 because the theming during the ride is null, I know that it's impossible to see anything during the ride at 135km/h, but I think that is a mistake not to put good theming in there

Well they seem to have only started landscaping so I say by next year the area will be full of grass and trees.

And I say the atmosphere at night will be amazing on this ride.

I'm a little confused, what do the bucket-head men that appear to have been tossed around the ride have to do with the theme?

Well the theme is that this is a new invention and it is tested with test dummies (those funny things around the place) but something goes horribly wrong and they are sent flying all over the place so now us the people have to test this new invention.

jejej, well let's going to explain a little bit the story.

First I have to say that Port Aventura has put a little story about the ride in the cues, but at the moment (and I think that ios a mistake) the story is only in Catalan and Spanish.

The story: This scientist is trying to create a system to bring the barrels of wine from one place to another place as faster as possible, and he has got a monkey as assistant. Before you have arrived ar the attraction the scientist has made some experiments with the machine (it is supposed that the machine is the ride) and all have gone badly. That "bucket-head men " represent the dolls that the scientist has put in the machine to prove it before you have arrived, but all the tests before you go there have failed, all the wagons have crashed, and the dolls flew by airs…. more or less that is thematic and the story of the ride

The station/queue looks great! I am curious though, how do you get from one side of the station to the other or is it split up?

It is not. You que on only one side. There is a gap in between the barrel themeing on the train that enables you to walk over and access the seats on the other side.

XD, I still thinking that "Baco" is better....

Here there is a photo that I have just found on the net about the story that you can see in the que lines and another of the station.

The photos are not very good, but you can make an idea about what I was talking about....

04062007037lm2.thumb.jpg.7a22e83f0e607c8ae257955434925ee1.jpg

04062007036ps9a.thumb.jpg.d054a0157de9bdb771502ab053ddbb45.jpg

hEY WHY APPEARS I like small boys in tights IN MY LAST POST, I HAVEN'T WRITTE THIS....

About the ride,and about onewheeled999 says, I think that is a shor ride, but intense and great. the track does and 8 form, and i don't thionk that is boring. Just look at kingdaka (I have to say that I don't have ride it) its just a O form, and it hasn't got any twist.... and what about the trains?¿?¿

it's just an oppinion, see you

I think that the pre show is about 30-40 seconds ans the ride about 40 more, so it's is longer that other accelerator coaster and at the same time very different to all them. Maybe Furius Baco is closer to Rita than other accelerators, but I still haven't gone to Alton Towers, its just about the type of accelerator....

I always like to see new rides rides open, but I just don't get this one. Seems like a not-so-thrilling-one-trick pony to me. Guess I will have to wait for more reviews to come in. (Or better videos to pop up somewhere...) I'm sure the unique seating arrangement brings a unique experience, but worthy of travel half way around the world? Probably not for me.

The ride looks fun and well themed, but it seems too short. I would of prefer a longer layout to please me. lol. I thought since it was a short ride that it would be finished sooner but it took too long. I dont know...it still looks fun but short

I think Intamin and the parks are doing great jobs with the theming side of stuff lately.

You had Superman escape which had a huge subway station and subway section of the ride before heading outside, and now this with the awesome vineyard looking queue and awesome station.