TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ Ummm...that's TOTALLY not cool. Your friends defaced the the park. That's really really really dumb. Hopefully the stickers are easily removable.

And seriously..how dumb do you have to be to put the URL of the website on them? Think how easy it would be for Cedar Fair to go after you guys now. You're basically admitting that your idiot friends broke park rules.

Seriously, though...NOT cool behavior at all. It's breaking park rules, which is a big TPR no-no.

^ Uh..yea, bad move putting the URL on. Thats like taking out someones car windows and leaving a note "I had a bad day, your car suffered for it! ###-###-#### (< phone number) Hopefully it wasnt like they had a huge roll and they slapped one on everything they saw...

really though...bad move

I've been watching the CP Maverick cam this morning for signs of operation & it looks like a rider-filled train entered the pre-launch track. After a rather lengthy period of time (most-likely an opening ceremony), the train appeared on the nearest portion of track. Obviously, this is all an educated guess as the CP cam refreshes every 60 seconds. I'm sure that people who were actually there can tell us how it all went down. BTW: the time stamp is actually 8 minutes fast & I auto-corrected the pics coz it was overcast with the rain that may or may not have been falling at this time.

1327232734_2007_05.26-MavericksFirstLoad-3.jpg.9835e4a47a6e067ad7eda583e8427f25.jpg

First GP ride almost completed?

1033273519_2007_05.26-MavericksFirstLoad-2.jpg.870058fc55de6e5ee0e3d105f17fc4cf.jpg

Train moves backward a bit...

1834325268_2007_05.26-MavericksFirstLoad-1.jpg.e5076970d06199790a267314ba74c6b1.jpg

Maverick's first GP filled train?!?

I don't know if I should say this or not but my friends had put all those stickers for me because they know that I'll be at Cedar Point in August!

I've heard that there's one on Millennium Force's blue train between the front seats!!!

Wow you guys are just soooo cool. btw Fun fact: Managers at Amusement Parks read sites like this so way to go. As for Maverick being officially open: YAY!!!

No word on the tunnel yet, but the blog says that supposedly the first drop is the best part, and like I was expecting, there is crazy airtime in the back row. Also, supposedly there is even airtime in the S Bend.

And here is a kinda sucky Maverick operational pic

EDIT: I just got a shot of Maverick cresting the lift hill. Don't think we have that one yet

1250521118_maverick1.jpg.2783f81138ea15d304d497e53210717b.jpg

1365947601_maverick2.jpg.023a0b75626f0e149aa6af82f5e34cbd.jpg

^ In that link you posted, he said that a train got stuck in the launch tunnel, resulting in a lift hill rollback as well. Looks like they have some bugs to work out, or human error to fix, unless it was caused by the rain. I guess they will still run this ride when it's pouring, because apparently they were today.

^ In that link you posted, he said that a train got stuck in the launch tunnel, resulting in a lift hill rollback as well. Looks like they have some bugs to work out, or human error to fix, unless it was caused by the rain. I guess they will still run this ride when it's pouring, because apparently they were today.

When he said that, I thought that it was something done on purpose to prevent the train coming up the lift from crashing into the train stuck in the launch tunnel, since they probably don't have enough blocks for any trains to be waiting in the launch tunnel for a train in front of them, and waiting on the brake run in the middle of the ride like that would sorta ruin it.

When he said that, I thought that it was something done on purpose to prevent the train coming up the lift from crashing into the train stuck in the launch tunnel, since they probably don't have enough blocks for any trains to be waiting in the launch tunnel for a train in front of them, and waiting on the brake run in the middle of the ride like that would sorta ruin it.

I know it was on purpose, that's what I was saying.

Ah, I see. You were talking about the launch tunnel itself being the problem, not the rollback it caused being the problem

Just for the heck of it, heres another shot of Maverick I took...

EDIT: Just took another shot, looks like operations are slowing down

EDIT 2: More Maverick impressions here. The line was already over 4 HOURS LONG AT 9:30 AM

2008918422_Maverick4.jpg.8f4575438b4ceb4ec61a4df1e31f2569.jpg

544088283_Maverick5.jpg.be293575ad4e6a92785cbdce9ff85e1b.jpg

According to the guy that rode it, there is dual loading just like TTD (what the two lines are for leading up to the station...I was right ). Two trains load and go out to the pre-launch. When the first one gets past the tunnel, I'm assuming, the second one will launch.

Should be soon, they said they would release a PointCast showcasing the ride in the next week or so.

Don't know if anyone will get an unofficial POV before then though. How strict are they about taking cameras on rides?