Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 2044 - Jersey Devil delayed til 2021
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Postby jcf1 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:03 pm

It's official, Chiller red is running, you can check it out at Gainsider.com

Postby Wes » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:45 pm

jcf1 wrote:It's official, Chiller red is running, you can check it out at Gainsider.com

Or read the last five pages of this thread, where it's been discussed already.

All your coasters are belong to us

Postby IwantRevenge » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:29 pm

overlord wrote:
IwantRevenge wrote:
overlord wrote:I do not know what you guys are talking about but there is clearly backwards airtime on the return trip. Either you must be too fat to feel it or you are just SOL.

Actually there is IS no airtime, maybe a little float if you are in the back. I rode front row and maybe thats why I did'nt get any airtime, maybe you'll get it in the back. But also don't forget the Chiller restriants are tight and they hold you in relaly good so theres another possible reason for no airtime.

And i'm not fat :evil: if anythnig i'm underweight!

You are trying to tell me there is no airtime after I rode it 10 times yesterday and every time I made a return trip, I was getting airtime. Yeah it wasn't Toro like but it was there. And even my friend next to me was getting airtime. SO clearly you are just SOL. I rode in pretty much every row and I got airtime in each. Even after being stapled. Your story holds no water.

maybe your jsut relaly skinny, or maybe the op did'nt staple you. Okay I got a tiny float but it's not enough to call airtime. and WTF is SOL?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby overlord » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:22 pm

IwantRevenge wrote:maybe your jsut relaly skinny, or maybe the op did'nt staple you. Okay I got a tiny float but it's not enough to call airtime. and WTF is SOL?

Firstly, TPR has a spell check...USE IT.

Secondly, Being skinny has nothing to do with it. My 6'2 friend was getting airtime and he is very moderately sized. And we were even stapled. Airtime is clearly any point on the ride when the vertical G's of the coaster drop to 0 or below. Just because its not ejector air does not disqualify it from being airtime.

I am sure if Rob Alvey called it airtime, you all would be bending over for him and agreeing with him. There is airtime on Chiller and the new transition did bring down the intensity of the ride, but in the end, Chiller still rocks.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Rider117 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:33 pm

I rode it three times today and Chiller did infact give some decent floater airtime. It's no Toro or Nitro air, but the ride still is awesome.

All your coasters are belong to us

Postby IwantRevenge » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:44 pm

overlord wrote:
IwantRevenge wrote:maybe your jsut relaly skinny, or maybe the op did'nt staple you. Okay I got a tiny float but it's not enough to call airtime. and WTF is SOL?

Secondly, Being skinny has nothing to do with it. My 6'2 friend was getting airtime and he is very moderately sized. And we were even stapled. Airtime is clearly any point on the ride when the vertical G's of the coaster drop to 0 or below. Just because its not ejector air does not disqualify it from being airtime.

I am sure if Rob Alvey called it airtime, you all would be bending over for him and agreeing with him. There is airtime on Chiller and the new transition did bring down the intensity of the ride, but in the end, Chiller still rocks.

Then obviously being fat has nothing to do with it because I recall you said I must be fat or SOL (what ever that means). I realize it doesn't have to be like toro to be airtime I want to know exactly where you sat so i'll sit there tomorrow and see if I get "airtime". I sat front row on the left and I got nothing.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby overlord » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:52 pm

I sat in every row pretty much. Anywhere you sit you are going to get airtime backwards.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby overlord » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:53 pm

Rider117 wrote:I rode it three times today and Chiller did infact give some decent floater airtime. It's no Toro or Nitro air, but the ride still is awesome.

What do you know anyways...you are just a produce guy.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Calvin » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:53 pm

IwantRevenge wrote:
overlord wrote:

Then obviously being fat has nothing to do with it because I recall you said I must be fat or SOL (what ever that means). I realize it doesn't have to be like toro to be airtime I want to know exactly where you sat so i'll sit there tomorrow and see if I get "airtime". I sat front row on the left and I got nothing.

SOL: Sh*t Outta Luck.

By the way, I've found that different people feel airtime differently. To some people, floater air is insanely intense, and to others, floater air is about as exciting as sitting down. So it might just depend on how you feel airtime.

Site Admin

Renegade Photos & Video and Valleyfair Update

Postby robbalvey » Wed May 23, 2007 9:40 pm

Hey everyone! I've just posted the full update from Renegade's opening weekend including lots of photos of this awesome new GCI woodie and of course the photos from the TPR meet. The full photo and video udpate can be found here:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/valleyfa ... 2007_1.htm

Here's a few photos:
Just a few of the TPR members that chose to hang out at the park that day instead of having lunch with their mothers!
(Yes, it was Mother's Day!) I hope you at least bought her flowers! =)

Now THAT is a sexy first drop!

And GCI Guys Mike Boodley and Clair Hain ride gansta style!

As with all GCI woodies, there is lots of sexy curves to keep you stimulated.

Awww....this is as far as they would let KidTums get! Maybe in a few years she'll be screaming through Renegade too.

Lots of cross overs and all that other good wood coaster stuff.

And just in case you missed it, the full update can be found here:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/valleyfa ... 2007_1.htm

--Robb

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!