TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Resizing Photos For Photo TR's

Wes

Since it's Photo TR season, this is a good time to remind everyone that you need to RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS before you upload them to TPR. The maximum size dimensions for standard landscape photos should be 800x600.

If you do not have a photo editing program such as Photoshop or GIMP on your computer and you are using Windows XP, you can download the Powertoy Resizer from Microsoft here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... ySetup.exe

If you need a tutorial on how to use it, go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... lman2.mspx

Additionally, if you have Vista, or just don't want to use Powertoy, you can download Picasa:

http://picasa.google.com/

or Irfanview:

http://www.irfanview.com/

If you are on a Mac, you can use Preview or iPhoto, which come pre-installed on all Macs.

Posts with pictures above 800x600 will have the photos deleted. If this happens, you can edit your post and re-add the resized photos.

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On this same note, something I've kind have been wondering... On the first page of the Terms of Service, Robb's second post states that you are only supposed to post 15 pictures per post, yet you are actually capable of loading 50 per post and I don't think hardly anybody actually abides by that rule. Does it actually matter? Or are we free to post up to 50?

If you upload via flock to photobucket, you can have it resize them for you.

We do NOT recommend uploading your photos via an external site like Photobucket, Imageshack, or others. Many times, the links to the pictures will die after a length of time, thus causing your entire to show up with missing images.

If you upload your photos to TPR, it guarantees they will be there as long as the site is.

We only move Photo TR's to the Archive forum if the photos have been uploaded through TPR.

• 2 weeks later...

^ No. You have to upload them individually. And if you have 287 photos, perhaps it's a better idea to be a little more selective and choose maybe the best 50 or so. 287 is quite a few unless it's for multiple parks over multiple days.

IrfanView is what I always use for re-sizing and the occasional graphic effect for my pictures.

I use the TPR upload "system" here, and I use Photobucket for other forums which I'm a member of (the ones that take codes only).

• 1 year later...

This isn't a resizing issue, but do you in fact have to upload your pictures in reverse order? Recently in the Railfan topic, I posted two pictures of a train passing behind my house. The first one was supposed to be the train approaching; the second one was the train leaving.

I spent about forever trying to get the pictures to appear in the right order---and that was only two pictures. Being that I don't post Photo TRs, I haven't mastered it yet. Are there tricks or tips?

Eric

This isn't a resizing issue, but do you in fact have to upload your pictures in reverse order? Recently in the Railfan topic, I posted two pictures of a train passing behind my house. The first one was supposed to be the train approaching; the second one was the train leaving.

I spent about forever trying to get the pictures to appear in the right order---and that was only two pictures. Being that I don't post Photo TRs, I haven't mastered it yet. Are there tricks or tips?

Eric

Many people get tripped up by that.

The problem is that the preview page displays them backwards, but they still post in the order you add them.

So if you add two pics, hit preview, they are going to show up in reverse order. But once you submit they will display in order.

If you try and flip them so that they come out normal in the preview, they will show up backwards in the final post.

Many people get tripped up by that.

The problem is that the preview page displays them backwards, but they still post in the order you add them.

So if you add two pics, hit preview, they are going to show up in reverse order. But once you submit they will display in order.

If you try and flip them so that they come out normal in the preview, they will show up backwards in the final post.

Something needs to be done about this. Either a note in the page when you're making a post or a way to get rid of it. It's a stupid feature, and it trips people up all the time.

Something needs to be done about this. Either a note in the page when you're making a post or a way to get rid of it. It's a stupid feature, and it trips people up all the time.

It's not a "feature". It's just a bug in phpBB.

It's a minor inconvenience that after experiencing once, most people learn to adjust.

No sense making too much of a fuss over it.

• 5 weeks later...