TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Going to CP tonight for Friday Saturday and Sunday, I'll post up some pics as well when I get back. Somehow I think that the suprise may be an opening earlier than June. I doubt it will be this weekend, but I can hope.

It def. wont be this weekend

But I could see it possibly opening before June (although the surprise was announced pre-delay so that wouldn't be it) since it shouldn't take long to remove the old track, and there were rumors they have the new track already, or it has almost arrived.

After that all that is left is testing, so it depends when the track arrives and how fast they work.

Early June seems accurate though.

If only it was like RCT...you would of ridden it by now and no one would be complaining.

We also would have loved it no matter how bad it was, as long as it was within our perfered intensity level

To me that particular track area with the speed of train proberably wasn't banked enough and for "quality" they wanted it more banked cause out of the G roll it turns slightly before popping up into the first under lift pass. So I assume it might be new banking or as with Goliath at Walibi world if anyone remembers, and Xcel at Knotts...they had to add extra support because of welding issues or something on goliath right after the stegel dive that particular helix. I remember seeing pics. ..Xcel got extra support cross bracings for the main top hat, that transition was noted as more obvious though.

^ To quote from above..

Many people have asked us if the heartline roll inversion will stay.

It will not.

Instead, this section of track will be replaced with what’s known as an “s-curve” section of track.

Upon launching out of the tunnel, the train will dive towards the pond as it’s turning to the right. Once into the canyon, the train will then turn to the left as it approaches the rest of the track layout. This “s-curve” can best be described as a quick change in direction from right to left. Riders will remain above the track during this “s-curve.”

Hilarious. But also kind of sad. I was looking forward to that part.

from watching the animations and testing vids on youtube, you knew that inversion was something brutal from the beggining - either to the track or the rider. its a bummer to see it go. atleast now no one can brag and say they rode it!

Does anyone think there might be the possiblity of them cranking up the launch speed now? It had to be right around 70 mph for the heartline but is it possible for it to be like 80 mph for the s-curve. That would make the second half of the ride a little more interesting. I can hope at least, right?