The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Wed May 16, 2007 3:29 pm

^ IMO, Scream is like the "Berlin Wall" of a lot of the problems with the park--a symbol for SFMM's attitude on a quality expirence. The day they get some jackhammers and begin to remove the parkinglot in favor of grass, rocks, trees, brush, etc., is the day I trust that SFMM truely does have a new mindset. ::lol::

-Jahan "Mr. Shapiro--rip out this parkinglot" Makanvand :lmao:

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Wed May 16, 2007 3:51 pm

^ Haha, I love the comparison of Scream to the Berlin Wall. Scream will look really nice once they actually decide to fix that part. Also, I hold the same opinion with Ryan about Superman. The ride is quite boring IMO and it looks really bad with all of the rust and fading paint.
---Brent =)
Disobey

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby haiderodes » Wed May 16, 2007 4:57 pm

Xtreme-me wrote:Yeah, that seat is just for larger people. If you sit in it and your small, you get MAJOR airtime. Its insane. Theres nothing wrong with it if that was what you where thinking

From what I have seen, these "big boy" seats aren't any different in actual dimension so any difference in airtime is likely just an illusion. The seat belts go on either side of the "hump" found on B&M seats. The placement of the belts on either side just gives the rider a few more inches of go/no-go space if they should need it otherwise it acts just as normal.

If the ride crew is doing their job correctly the harness will still be down just as far as the rest of them.
walking in space.

KidTums' personal piano player

Year of a Million...construction walls comming down.

Postby wrs28330 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:42 pm

On Monday the nemo walls came down, and today the Johnny walls came down!

Here are some picture; this was a bit rushed as I am also working on my final projects. No captions, self explanitory, new character meet and greet location signs (they will soon install time wheels, and two new random planters (no clue what they are for.)

Enjoy (or at least try.)
IMG_1436 copy.jpg
IMG_1437 copy.jpg
IMG_1438 copy.jpg
IMG_1439 copy.jpg
IMG_1440 copy.jpg
IMG_1441 copy.jpg
IMG_1442 copy.jpg
IMG_1443 copy.jpg
IMG_1446 copy.jpg
IMG_1448 copy.jpg
IMG_1449 copy.jpg
IMG_1450 copy.jpg
IMG_1451 copy.jpg
IMG_1454 copy.jpg
IMG_1455 copy.jpg
IMG_1456 copy.jpg
IMG_1460 copy.jpg
IMG_1462 copy.jpg
IMG_1464 copy.jpg
IMG_1466 copy.jpg
IMG_1467 copy.jpg

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby kraxleRIDAH » Wed May 16, 2007 10:10 pm

Thanks for the update.

Though it's refreshing to see an old restaurant building made over at Magic Mountain (Johnny Rockets), the whole "walk-up-to-the-counter" approach completely negates the whole Johnny Rockets experience and what the brand is all about. Just my two cents.

I look at the Knott's Berry Farm Johnny Rockets (which happens to be the largest in square footage by the way) and think that's quite impressive, while the Magic Mountain attempt at it is a bit underwhelming. Not to mention the inflated menu prices which are a bit ridiculous. The prices on Knott's JR's menu are VERY reasonable and are almost the same as every other franchise JR. So Magic Mountain not only has a limited menu, they're charging more!

But then again, that's me nitpicking. Good to see some changes at the park.

Those planter things are a bit curious though. Wonder what those will be...maybe a foundation for a large park map and guest directory?

I'm happy to see that not only are changes occuring at Magic Mountain, but new ones start up at the tail of others. The improvements keep going, which is a good sign!

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Wed May 16, 2007 10:29 pm

^ Personally, I find that your average Johnny Rockets already HAS inflated prices.

:lol:

But that doesn't negate your argument. ::)

Thanks for the update!

-Jahan

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Thu May 17, 2007 12:01 am

I'm sure those foundations are for the same billboards SFDK has been getting all over the place.

Having worked at the JR in Cedar Point, that JR is horrible, kills the whole atmosphere and appeal of JR. Johnny Rockets doesn't have the best food in the world, but the service and look of the restraunts is what people like about it. SFMM's JR is nothing more than sh*tty food with your typical SF food services employees that are in no way similar to what we see in KBF or CP's restraunts.

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Thu May 17, 2007 12:45 am

^Yeah, but in Jahan's update, he mentioned the possibility of it becoming full service as of next year.

I think it lookse good, except isn't the "Fries Burgers Shakes" thing from In 'N Out?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby kraxleRIDAH » Thu May 17, 2007 1:07 am

Yup. Papa John's, Coldstone Creamery, and Johnny Rockets didn't know what they were getting into when they signed contracts with Six Flags. :)

People will now come to associate those three food brands with slow speed of service, uncleanliness, bland tasting foods and low-morale work force all thanks to Six Flags' method of serving.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Thu May 17, 2007 1:21 am

I can't say for papa johns cause i've never paid attention. But the Cold Stone at SFDK seems to be very clean and the line is fairly fast paced. They seem to have put the best employees there. Then again i'm being biased with SFDK as this year all their employees seems 10 times better, SFMM has always disappointed me in every aspect

PreviousNext