TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I would have to believe this is going to be the last coaster CP builds with Intamin for a long, long time.

That's been said before, and yet they keep building Intamin.

Guess I'm out the cost of a hotel room tomorow night.

How glad am I the Midwest trip isn't til August!

Cedar Fair can swear away from Intamin, sorry IntaRide coasters as soon as the pre-fab woodies go up.

Sucks for anyone who had spent money on a trip there this month based on Maverick. Although, with this and the Tatsu situation last year people might learn the hard way not to plan expensive visits on opening month.

I would have to believe this is going to be the last coaster CP builds with Intamin for a long, long time.

Why? You have to remember that problems at the opening of a ride are quickly forgiven if the ride turns out to be a success. Just look at the amount of coverage a ride like TDD has had even with all the delays in the first year of operation.

No one would disagree that ride has been a *HUGE* success for that park. Same thing with Millennium Force. I would argue that those two rides have recieved *FAR* more coverage than Raptor or Mantis.

Remember that Intamin is the company that pushes the envelope. You are going to encounter more issues when you are toying with new or different technology or building the "tallest" and "fastest"

A company like B&M produces rides based mostly on "proven" technology.

Having said that though, the only "new technology" to Intamin I see on Maverick is the 95 degree drop. Everything else has pretty much been done on California Screamin'

Regardless, If you look at the top coasters in the world, Intamin and B&M dominate that poll. So I think it's kind of unfair to say that one company is better than the other. Sure it's a personal preference, but they producing two very differnt types of products for different customers, and you can't deny that Intamin is building some of the best rides in the world, despite any of the issues they might have in their initial season.

--Robb

ps. there are still spots open on the Midwest trip and we do have 2 hours of ERT on Maverick!

...We do?

And for those of you who were asking why we didn't plan the MidWest trip to coincide for Maverick's opening....here ya go!

--Robb

Maverick, TTD Junior. I bet a week after opening, Maverick will have a screwed up part that would take 3 weeks to fix.

I'm glad I saw this. I was just going to book one of the package deals to go to Cedar Point before I start work this summer. Might still wind up going to Cedar Point, but Kings Island is slightly closer and I haven't been there so I can get some new credits.

I would be lying if I didn't say that I wasn't very disappointed by this news however these things happen I understand this. I may still go opening day though but this as impacted on the definitiveness of my going on saturday.Oh well at least I can test to see if I can fit at the very least.

OK I am very upset. though I'm still going opening day I was excited to wait until 10:00 run all the way to the back of the park and be one of the first that weekend to ride it. I still have to go to CP cause we already made reservations and its getting me out of doing school work. But now that puts a huge damper on my whole trip

ps. there are still spots open on the Midwest trip and we do have 2 hours of ERT on Maverick!

...We do?

Yup. We posted about this in the MidWest Trip forum. Since we're staying on property we get 1 hour of ERT each morning as hotel guests.

I personally do not care, because I will not be there until June 24th.

That's going to be cutting it close.

Who wants to start taking bets if it will be open for coasterguy618?

--Robb

I'm a little disappointed, especially after the way they teased us about Maverick before it was announced. But, I will still be going next Thursday and Friday nonetheless. But, you gotta do what you gotta do, and if it's for safety reasons, then I'm not that mad. I'm thinking about going again in July or August, but that would mean tons more crowds and no hotel room (parents wouldn't be going) and I would have to drive 3 hours just for one day at the park, then drive home at night, so that most likely won't happen It's not like they don't have any other coasters or anything, I will still enjoy myself very much. Another reason I'm not really that mad is that I will be going to GADV and DP this summer for the first time, so there will be tons of rides I haven't ridden.

This blows...My CP trip is this Sunday & Monday and I already paid for my hotel room so I can't push my trip back...I was looking forward to riding Maverick. I don't even know if i'll be able to hit CP again this year...Yeah, I know they delayed Maverick for a good reason, i'm just a little pissed I can't ride it..