Photo TR: Robb's Trip Around The World!

Portugal, England, Hong Kong - Hong Kong Disney Photos!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:30 pm

I'm not sure how much this room goes for on the corporate rate, but I know when I checked in the 'going rate' listed on the room I'm in was 500 Euros! :shock:

Anyway, I went out looking at some of the restaurants for food. I didn't feel like eating too fancy tonight, so I opted for room service. There is a nice Japanese restaurant here, but it's not open tonight. Seems to be the theme of the day! Everything I want to do is closed. =(

Here's a couple more photos....
around21.jpg
I wandered down by the spa and pools. It kind of reminds me of the place in "Paradise Hotel" with all the different areas on different levels, multiple pools and large suites.
around22.jpg
There are plenty of gardens and stuff. There is a Jesus thing on that mountain. Apparently they like him here in Portugal or something...
around23.jpg
More gardens...more pools....
around24.jpg
This is what I look like after 24 hours of air travel, no sleep, and looking for food!
around25.jpg
"Stewed pork cheek" and "biologic duck???" Did the duck have implants??!?! Hmmm.....
around26.jpg
....I'll stick to a cheese pizza and a foo-foo chocolate thing from room service! =)

Idiot.

Postby Stitch » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:30 pm

BiCoastal Kid wrote:OOOO, Robb is staying in the hotel that was designed completely in feng shui! :P

Robb, if I'm not mistaken, you can go up to that big fish tank a choose which fish you want to eat!

I thought the same exact thing when I saw the pictures. I saw the same program, the hotel was designed with the all those windows so the Dragon could come from the hills and make it to the ocean. Robb, I liked your comment on the Bedei (I think that's how it's spelled) and the commode, choose wisely indeed :lol:
I don't post here enough to warrant a signature.

Do you know where your wife is?

Postby PhishyBrewer » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:36 pm

The Roasted Skate Wing sounds tasty :oops:

I know it's business, but I hope you get to enjoy some things on the side also.

We'll be watching this TR. :P

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:45 pm

Haha, that biologic duck breast thing sounds good! However, with pizza and coke you can make nothing wrong, I think it is maybe all over the world the same! :wink:

--Sören
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:48 pm

^ Yup! It was yummy! And that chocolate foo-foo thing...OMG! It was a chocolate mousse that will give Dan diabetic death just by reading this thread!!!!

--Robb "Who would rather be at SFMM with Elissa!" Alvey

Loves Random TR's!

Postby CoasterJunkie » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:52 pm

That mountain looks like a location of a pit stop in the Amazing Race..LOL..

Hope you are enjoying your trip..you look tired...take a nap...just dont wake up in the middle of the night and choose the wrong toilet :shock:

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:23 pm

"Choose wisely..." :lol:

Danny "I choose the sink..." Smith

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:25 pm

I still want to know what a Pork Cheek is. When you mentioned it earlier my mind started wandering.

Thanks for the nice pics. That hotel does look totally awesome.

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:25 am

Woah, the hotel and the food look awesome there!

But it'll be down to earth with a bump come Thursday night! :lol:

Non-German Tom

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:48 am

Ok, so today I had nothing to do. I'm kind of bummed that I wish I would have known that in advance because I would have done the insane drive to Madrid. But on my schedule it said "set up" which I was supposed to be around for 'just in case' but it turned out that the producers weren't needed. Oh, well....I have to remember, this is a 'business' trip, not one of our fun trips! And there will be plenty of time this weekend for some parks!

Anyway, today I took a walk around the resort, so here is my "Walking Around the Resort Photo TR!!!!"
around34.jpg
Wow, whoever is staying in this room is lucky since it's guarded by these two evil statues!
around27.jpg
Gee...I wonder which way the hotel is? Hmm......
around30.jpg
Here is the official entrance to the "Penha Longa" resort.
around28.jpg
At least I can get a "Bench: The Ride" credit here!
around29.jpg
Hello, here I am in Portugal...um...yeah....
around31.jpg
I think this sign means "In 20 meters SPEED UP so you can hit the golfers!!!" =)
around33.jpg
Here is another sign, but I'm not sure what this one means... Maybe it's "Be afraid of yellow spikey armed people with pigtails???"
around32.jpg
For some reason, in Portugal I have extra ridges on my forehead. Must be the water or somthing....
around35.jpg
Here is a picture of the truck that just asked me for directions (well, ok, not the truck, the guy IN the truck...because, I mean, if there was actually a TALKING TRUCK I would have taken a LOT more pictures!)
around35.jpg
anyway... the guy asked me something in Portuguese and I politely responded "everything you are looking for is on the moon." He seemed satisfied with the answer and drove off! I hope he finds what he's looking for....on the moon!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive