TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Good news Premier's building a rollercoaster, I haven't heard anything on them since Revenge of the mummy, lets hope to see a ride like it (with Michael Jackson instead of the mummy)

This is looking to be a fantastic project however... Led Zeppelin: the ride, its worse than Hollywood dream: the ride (speaking of which, there concept are eerily simular)

EDIT: Opps! Forgot about Italian job, that would be cool

Wow, that sitdown is weak.

No dive loop? Plus, the ride will garner the same complaints as Hulk: a weak finish. Loop to cobra roll to zero-g roll to loop to helix is all good and well, but the ride will tank after the MCBR. It only has a few truns (a helix or two) and a single corkscrew, which reminds me a lot of the Hulk's abismal ending.

Plus, they didn't even bother to spend any time on the rendering, it's obviously not done by anyone in the coaster industry, much less anyone who has ever used NL before. The track is definately off, as are the supports. They didn't even bother to remove the "No Limits Coasters" label from the front of the train.

Mark me up as disappointed with their flagship attraction. The rest of the park should still be pretty cool though.

I'm sorry but I don't know quite how you can judge a coaster from a crude model. The layout looks fine to me, pretty unique with the helix in the middle of it and lots of elements over the water. The absence of a Dive Loop doesn't really bother me as there are a few B&M sitdowns that don't have them yet are still great rides.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I couldn't see any MCBR which would probably mean that the train flies through the final helixes.

I must say that I hate the colour scheme though. For some reason, white B&Ms just don't look right to me, they look a bit bland and become dirty quickly. Why when there are so many colours to choose from choose white? I thought that that was something normaly reserved for Japan

^I think that the element after the second vertical loop might actually be an inclined loop rather than a helix......

I think the coaster looks great, and definitely seems to be a bit of a departure from the standard B&M looping or floorless coaster layouts (pre-drop, curved drop, loop, dive loop, zero G, cobra roll etc.). I love the fact that it drops right off the top of the lift and has a zero-g roll over the water. I am guessing that due to the length it will likely have two trains and no MCBR, although it could have three trains and that spot before it drops into the corkscrew/helixes could be an MCBR.

In any case, I think B&M gave them exactly what they wanted-a high capacity crowd pleaser with a proven design and elements, and it should do great for them.

The one thing I am really surprised about is that the park (from the available renderings) does not seem to have a water/flume ride anywhere-unless one of the Premier coasters is a water coaster. I would think they would at least have a traditional flume ride somewhere (or maybe they do and just have not announced it yet).

So far this looks like an awesome park-maybe if it does well they will eventually get another one on the West Coast. I could see this potentially doing really well in Vegas......

I'm sorry but I don't know quite how you can judge a coaster from a crude model.

Because the crude model shows the basic layout of the coaster and since most of us here are all coaster riders we know just by looking at a model or a coaster how it may feel like. I can honestly say it doesn't look anything spectacular to me. Sure it looks fun but as far as B&M coasters go it looks standard to me.

I'm sorry but I don't know quite how you can judge a coaster from a crude model. The layout looks fine to me, pretty unique with the helix in the middle of it and lots of elements over the water. The absence of a Dive Loop doesn't really bother me as there are a few B&M sitdowns that don't have them yet are still great rides.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I couldn't see any MCBR which would probably mean that the train flies through the final helixes.

I must say that I hate the colour scheme though. For some reason, white B&Ms just don't look right to me, they look a bit bland and become dirty quickly. Why when there are so many colours to choose from choose white? I thought that that was something normaly reserved for Japan

Well, as it was being presented to the media by the park, I wouldn't say it is crude. You can most certainly understand the layout from the model. Personally, I think it is a very bland and boring layout, especially the part after the MCBR.

There is an MCBR after the helix (not inclined loop, it is a helix). Following the MCBR, the ride executes a 270* downward turn that leads to a corkscrew and a 450* helix. That's it for the finish.

I don't even know why they bothered to put in an MCBR, it's not even going to allow that much of a capacity increase at its position, but whatever. They'll be able to run three trains, but the MCBR is too late into the ride (both length and time wise) IMO.

I also agree on the poorly done colors. Seems to me like they could have done something a bit more gaudy and outrageous, especially considering it's Hard Rock Park.

I also agree on the poorly done colors. Seems to me like they could have done something a bit more gaudy and outrageous, especially considering it's Hard Rock Park.

Well, maybe if it was the Poison:Look What the Cat Dragged In Coaster. I don't remember Zeppelin being very "glam rock."

I can honestly say it doesn't look anything spectacular to me.

I've seen quite a few coasters that didn't look "spectacular" and yet, they were. On the other hand, there have been coasters that looked "spectacular" and were real pieces of crap.

Take EGF for example. When it was first built, no one really took notice. A really cool looking first drop, them some over banked turns and a few hills, all through some nice looking trees. Back then, BEFORE it was even built, people were complaining that at 175 feet tall (or whatever it is) is must be boring, not all that fast, and nowhere as good as Millennium Force. (Which IS, IMO, spectacular looking, but only a "B" grade coaster at best.) Because, aside from the first drop, EGF doesn't really look all that exciting. I mean, no loops, no tunnel, no water, etc...

However, nothing could actually be farther from the truth.

Sure it looks fun but as far as B&M coasters go it looks standard to me.

The closest thing I would imagine to anything being "standard" by B&M may be the Batman clones. Yet, every one of them I've ridden has felt different. A couple of them, vastly different. (The ones at La Ronde and SWoT come immediately to mind.)

Even the ones with the some of the very same elements and their respective order, feels different. A good example would be Medusa and Scream. Medusa is a real good coaster, where Scream is a rather mediocre ride.

Granted, these are my opinions, but I've ridden enough coasters to form a pretty descent opinion. Bottom line is, wait until you ride it BEFORE forming opinion. It saves wear and tear on the senses.

Besides, it seems as if everybody is missing the greater point:

It's themed to LED ZEPPELIN!! It has to be good!!

EDIT: I found some more photos, which include the statue of the "Hermit" from the 4th album.

Hard Rock Photos

JJ

The only things that sound the least bit appealing to me are these...

# Maximum RPM! | A convertible car-coaster that races to 1980s new age hits

# Midnight Rider | A Southern Rock roller coaster that careens through a creepy abandoned lumber mill.

# Carnaby Street Cafe | A 1960s joint featuring gigantic lava lamps and traditional British fare

Other than that it just sounds like a normal theme park.

~Matthew