TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Return of the Sad-and-Pathetic Photo TR: KD Opening Day '07

cfc

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its good to know that Cedar Fair is going to try to keep the park clean paramount never cared. I HOPE they take MAJOR control in the line cutting situation...its HORRIBLE at KD during the summer..its ALWAYS black people too [no offense to anyone] but it just pisses me off so i really want them to take no line cutting more serious like they do at CP..and i want to see the park turn into a smoke free park like BGE

^^KD's security was taking line cutting pretty seriously during Fearfest last October--I saw quite a few people get booted (or forced to go back to the beginning of the line) at the mazes.

That is true.

They need atleast one on every big ride [Hypersonic,Volcano,Dropzone,FOF,Italian Job] and they should set up stations like they have at CP where workers are scattered throughout the line and they rotate every 30 minutes or something like that.

Its just rude cutting people, i always want to say something but all they ever want to do is start shit.

One time on the hurler me and my friends wanted to go together and there was these black people behind us that wanted to go with there friends, so since they didn't want to go in front they decided to give us an attitude about leaving our row open cause they had to wait a whole extra train. They're so damn obnoxious,rude,and disresptful its ridiculous. I hope CF takes control of KD big time so it doesn't turn into a dumpy park like 6 flags in MD.

I had to catch a quick shot on opening day...

As for the music, we went back on Sunday and spent about an hour and a half in the park before we decided we couldn't take the same thing over and over anymore. Got in the car and drove 6 hours back home with complete silence almost the whole way.

KD1resize.jpg.8031dc852b5f53f01687ecfcd938432a.jpg

This was at approximately 9:49 A.M. opening day. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh?

^^I'm glad someone got a picture of that signage for the record

I went to the park to get my pass processed this morning, and jumped on a couple rides before heading out. Coasters in 40 degree weather are not too amusing, but... I did find some amusement in the gift shops today. Apparently this merchandise has been around for a while, but I never noticed them before and found it all rather strange being in a Cedar Fair park now.

669773192_DSC01913copy.jpg.312fe52277104f1a83d7304bb56c5349.jpg

Take that photo boy... your image number is 5780. Please remember to view your photo on the internet after you get off work :-)

678159631_DSC01918copy.jpg.ab7c60b2aad28a73c90c06c659ad7a90.jpg

Back of the Media Day T-Shirt. They must have dug up some old boxes and just threw whatever was left out in the gift shops.

1694196769_DSC01919copy.jpg.d6aed8f5060fa7d43f7f2c7129fb2b20.jpg

And now... the diamond in the rough... A 1998 Volcano Media Day T-Shirt for $4.76 - Score! For that price, I was enough of a nerd to buy one.

211137209_DSC01910copy.jpg.41bf4ae8f053b5528a67e7582cd71998.jpg

Can't afford to loose out on profits from the huge Soap Opera enthusiast market :-)

1429939813_DSC01912copy.jpg.4d6192dcb259ba198f18e75bca3e508b.jpg

I swear I've seen something very similar to this before. *scratches head* Can't think of where it might have been...

1996347443_DSC01904copy.jpg.7a883281cef64f2f08fd0ea528741b95.jpg

Can anyone give me one good reason why someone would buy one of these? Just one...

1760109340_DSC01903copy.jpg.237f39ed126336f8b593e81f7eb4cfad.jpg

I've seen these shirts in Trip Reports from Carowinds, but I was shocked to see them at KD too!

Well, it's either sell the old inventory or toss it, I guess. Actually, they've been peddling those Top Gun shirts for years--to tie in to the Paramount movie, not necessarily the ride (at least that's my theory).

I wonder if they'll steal BGE's "Defy the Five" slogan next?

My wife and I will be hitting KD this Saturday... got an all day babysitter so we can go and enjoy ourselves! Can't WAIT!!!

Weather forecast isn't looking so good right now... Upper 50's with a 50% chance of rain

Does anyone know what rides they shut down during rain? I haven't been there during rain in a very long time.

I just got home, today was a GREAT day at the park!Got there around 11, it wasn't raining much AT all, went up the eiffel tower to shoot a couple shots then came down. Walked right up to the stupid sponge bob ride,grizzly,hyper sonic,huler,richochet,rebel yell backwards and fowards,shockwave,italian job,andaconda,FOF,volcano,avalanche,tomb raider. There wasn't a wait any longer than 10 min all day[i had to wait about 10 min for hypersonic the 2nd time i rode it]

sooo my ride count for the day

Grizzly=3 times

Hurler=1 time

Ricochet=1 time

Rebel Yell backwards 2 times

Rebel Yell Foward 2 times

Hyper sonic 3 times

Drop zone 1 time

Shockwave 2 times

Tombraider 2 times

volcano 5 times

FOF 5 times

Andaconda 3 times

Italian Job 5 times

Avalanche 2 times

Scooby Doo dark ride 1 time

Hypersonic was down for about 2 hours from like 4-6ish i guess?they were cycleing empty tains that whole time, im not sure what was wrong.I also noticed supivisors look alot more professional, they stand out more, i noticed they have to wear shirt and ties now.You can really tell they're understaffed, a few rides had maintnence and/or supivisors checking the restraints.Ride opps. were decent today i guess.I went to country kitchen and got a 3 piece chicken meal with mac and chees and mash w. gravy and a buiscuit for like 10$, it was DAMN good.

such a good day ill have pics up when i upload them i guess

^Glad you had a good time. Your report shows two things, I think:

• 1. That spring is probably the best season to visit Kings Dominion
    2. A nor'easter is a great way to reduce crowds (the storm actually isn't hitting us until tomorrow, but the forecast may have scared people off)