TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^That is the 1st time I have asked. If you dont belive me go back and check.

First time or not you've checked this thread enough to be able to see people asking daily wether it's testing or not.

It's like a bunch of kids sitting in the back seat asking "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?".

Just relax, and eventually it will start testing.

A watched pot never boils you know.

LOL! In yo grillz bizitch. Wow

Hey, don't know if anyone had said this before, but the pic that showed the crafter working on the Maverick enterance sign looked pretty sweet. I can wait to see it when it is done!

Oh yea, here is the newest from T&T

More New Stuff for 2007!

March 29, 2007 8:59 AM

"We all know Maverick is new for the 2007 season. But we didn’t tell you about a few other new offerings in the park.

We’d like to highlight a few new changes to Cedar Point this year. Obviously, there will be smaller things in the park that you’ll notice during the summer.

Let’s start with games. With the success of the 3-Point Challenge game we added last year near Demon Drop, we’re adding a second 3-Point Challenge game right near Maverick. You’ll find it next to Stockade Refreshments. Challenge your friends and other guests in a fast-paced game of hoops."

^That's where I work! Yay!

"All that hoop shooting is going to surely make you hungry. So we’ve added two new food choices in the park this summer.

At the former Frontier Inn, next to Maverick’s exit, you’ll find Chick-fil-A®. The menu features chicken sandwiches, wraps, waffle fries and more. You should know right up front that we both are addicted to the waffle fries. You’ll find us there practically every day. Chick-fil-A® will be closed on Sundays. Across from the Red Garter Saloon on the Frontier Trail, look for the new Panda Express® restaurant. It’s located in the former Trail’s End/Dastardly Dan’s restaurant. They’ll be serving egg rolls, Kung Pao chicken, Chow Mein and more."

"We’re also introducing a new Smoking Policy. This summer, guests will be permitted to smoke in designated areas only.

The new areas are located near the Raptor restrooms, near the Panda Express restaurant, next to the Frontiertown train station, near the entrance to Paddlewheel Excursions and behind Giant Wheel near Wicked Twister.

We’ll bring you more updates as they become available! "

Yay for no smoking!

untitled.bmp

Sign

we’re adding a second 3-Point Challenge game right near Maverick

Yay! Twice as many basketballs being thrown around the midway!

Chick-fil-A® will be closed on Sundays.

A popular placed closed when the park is open? What is this Six Flags?

I love Chick-fil-A, I am amazed by companies that are willing to stay closed on Sundays.

"We’re also introducing a new Smoking Policy. This summer, guests will be permitted to smoke in designated areas only.

Even as a smoker I say thank you CP.

Ron "8 days until the first coaster of the year!" Patton

That no-smoking policy is going to be really hard to enforce. It seems like everyone smokes at CP. When I was a sweep there, I'd easily clean up 5,000 butts in an eight-hour shift.

But it may make it easier to clean them, and the park won't have to worry about them being tossed in trash cans.

And Chick-Fil-A. Sweet! Too bad about being closed on Sundays.

imdrunk, Maverick will be open for opening day, so you shouldn't have any problem at all getting on it for your visit. Keep in mind it may have a large line, so get there right when the park opens to beat the crowds! One strategy would be to park back by Soak City and then go in the entrance gate under Magnum, that will put you closest to Maverick.

Just trying to help out. Everybody better say "Hi!" to me when you ride it this summer.

THIS IS SO BORING. I am sitting here watching this webcam like I am waiting for something to happen. Grrrrr I need to get a life. I keep seeing a bird fly in front of the camera. This is so boring. OMG that is weird. It just took me from looking at Maverick to looking at Top Thrill Dragster and I did not do anything. NOPE it is back at maverick, now it is on skyhawk. OMG I am so confused. Why wont it stay still?

~Matthew

I must say this shot looks absolutely amazing. That heartline role will be quite the element, creating a visual in which riders will feel they will hit the ground on the roll.

From that angle it looks like they have been testing so they must have fixed this:

He said it rolled back in the second corkscrew.

I must say this shot looks absolutely amazing. That heartline role will be quite the element, creating a visual in which riders will feel they will hit the ground on the roll.

From that angle it looks like they have been testing so they must have fixed this:

How does that angle make it look like they've been testing? I see no train in the picture.

If it has been testing and has rolled back that's no big deal. Rides roll back all the time, especially when brand new and in cold weather.

Even Millenium Force won't clear the 2nd hill without water dummy's when it's cold.

How does that angle make it look like they've been testing? I see no train in the picture.

If it has been testing and has rolled back that's no big deal. Rides roll back all the time, especially when brand new and in cold weather.

Even Millenium Force won't clear the 2nd hill without water dummy's when it's cold.

I mean look at the rails. I looked at them and it looks like the train has gone over that spot several times. Or could that be from the pull through?

I mean look at the rails. I looked at them and it looks like the train has gone over that spot several times. Or could that be from the pull through?

I think you're seeing things.

All I see is dirt from the construction, and the white running lines that are built into the rails.

You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the track that the train had been testing.

All intamin track is like that. It isn't that a train wore of the paint, just Intamin doesn't paint the strip of track that the wheels run on. Here's an example, picture taken in October.

204752703_maverick2.jpg.4d37681d9c967d68bd8397591e67b6bd.jpg

My friend who works at the park says testing started Thursday.

Probably has alot to do with getting the stators to fire correctly. Doesnt suprise me that speed would be an issue during testing till its firing on all stators.