Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1930 - ACTUAL POV of Orion!
Users viewing this topic: cal1br3tto, Haymaker and 40 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:31 pm

I see little improvement on SoB. But I did notice this...

1. Red, white, and blue on the station? WTF?
2. It looks like there will have to be a trick track of some sort....
3. Looks like they completely repaired that part of the rose bowl.
firehawkover12_160.jpg

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby coastrfreak2000 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:37 pm

FireHawk looks like a hideous creature that popped out of the evil and disgusting Ohio soil beneath it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:43 pm

Trick track on SoB with G-trains?! That will be very rough, and CF could have easily gone with a small airtime hill.

As for Fire Hawk, while I don't think it will be over a grass field, I would suspect that they do the area similar to Talon.

Not great, but better than Scream

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby DRACHEN_FIRE_FAN-BOY » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:06 pm

Airtime&Gravity wrote:Trick track on SoB with G-trains?! That will be very rough, and CF could have easily gone with a small airtime hill.

As for Fire Hawk, while I don't think it will be over a grass field, I would suspect that they do the area similar to Talon.

Not great, but better than Scream

Oh yeah, no more parking lot coasters please! I think the gravel would be a good touch primarily for theming. just saying that things that are on fire burn things around it..... so it would give it the "firehawk" look.....

as for the color scheme on firehawk, I like the brown/red pain, looks almost burnt........ maybe have the rails red, the spine&ties the burnt red (red/brown), have the supports a brown-ish black, and have the trains red, the harnesses a dark orange. I think that would look pretty good......

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby RollerC » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:03 pm

CF is done with trick tracks. Thats why Villian is having theirs removed.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:13 pm

RollerC wrote:CF is done with trick tracks. Thats why Villian is having theirs removed.

Hah, ironic how almost everything from GL is being removed and added to KI (X-Flight and a Trick Track).
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby sixflagsguy5 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:11 am

I don't think that they'll put in a trick track for SOB, but I'm guessing that they'll put in some sort of bend to the left, in order to replace the loop.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby RollerC » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:50 am

Homer wrote:
RollerC wrote:CF is done with trick tracks. Thats why Villian is having theirs removed.

Hah, ironic how almost everything from GL is being removed and added to KI (X-Flight and a Trick Track).

We only lost X-Flight to KI and I doubt there will be a trick track. Plus, those two won't be missed much...if not at all.

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:21 am

Homer wrote:

Yea man, and I am still waiting for the B&M Floorless.

King Island Announces Five New Shows And New Park Map!

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:24 am

Kings Island Announces FIVE New Shows for 2007
Ice skating, 60's review, Dora the Explorer highlight much expanded
family entertainment package.

KINGS ISLAND, Ohio – From incredibly cool ice skating and non-stop hot island rhythms to Dora the Explorer LIVE and twistin' the night away, Kings Island's 2007 all-new, fully expanded entertainment package has it all! Five family-friendly shows highlight the season-long program, which will have guests singing and dancing in the aisles.

Dora's Sing-a-long Adventure: Dora and Boots are in search of the Big Red Chicken and need help from the young explorers in the audience. Singing and dancing is part of the fun in this highly interactive, high-spirited performance. Show opens April 21 in the Nick Theatre.

Hot Island Rhythms: Summer is here to stay! Island-worthy pop songs have guests singing along, celebrating the carefree fun everyone loves about a summer vacation. Pack your bags and get ready to dance, mon. The rhythm starts April 21 on the International Street Bandstand.

Endless Summer on Ice: The popular Kings Island ice show is back! Talented performers celebrate summer fun – complete with singing, popular music and dancing – all on ice. The Paramount Theatre gets frosty beginning June 9.

Nicktoons Live at Five: Kids of all ages delight in getting up close and personal with their favorite Nicktoons, and there is no better way than with a high-energy meet and greet experience. The characters parade out with much fanfare to introduce a true "happy hour." Guests should prepare for many hugs and lots of smiles. The fun starts June 16 on the International Street Bandstand.

Twistin' to the 60's: All hip cats are invited to a crazzzzy good time, as a full cast of talented performers belt out everyone's favorite 60's tunes. Guests should be ready to twist and shout as Kings Island celebrates summer in a peachy keen way. Opens June 23 in the International Showplace.

In addition to brand-new shows, the tradition of character meet and greets and nightly fireworks continue throughout the season. Characters are located at the front gate and in Nickelodeon Universe ready to hug, dance and frolic with kids of all ages. Kings Island's innovative fireworks display lights up the night on days when the park is open until 10 p.m. or later.

The all-star entertainment lineup compliments Kings Island's first flying coaster, Firehawk. Opening Memorial Day weekend, the innovative flying coaster propels willing test pilots 115 feet in the air and through five inversions at speeds of more than 50 mph – all while facing the ground, experiencing the inconceivable feeling of human flight.

"This year, there is something new for everyone," said Greg Scheid, Kings Island's vice president and general manager. "The full compliment of new high-quality shows, top-notch thrills, a fantastic water park, and an award-winning kids' area, combined with very attractive ticket prices, makes 2007 a special year to visit. There is something new and unique at every turn for each and every member of the family."

Kings Island opens for weekend operation Saturday, April 21. Gates open at 10 a.m. Daily operation begins Wednesday, May 23. Boomerang BayTM opens Saturday, May 26. For more information about Kings Island, guests can call the park at (800) 288-0808 or visit www.pki.com.

Individual gold season passes and four-pack family passes are now on sale by calling (800) 952-PASS [7277] or online at www.pki.com. Discounted park tickets are also available when purchased in advance at Kroger, Meijer and Speedway, by calling (800) 288-0808 or online at www.pki.com.

I havent seen many shows at KI, but it looks like it is influenced from CF. The Snoopy On Ice...and now KI has an ice skating show, but hey, it is something new and it can only improve the park!

-Zach

One other thing....."Gates open at 10AM" ....it used to be gates open at 9AM, rides open at 10AM, with the acception of the gold pass deals. Hmm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!