TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

And it's final: the Efteling will open sunday 1 april. And it will also open "de Vliegende Hollander" that day!!! It will be a walk-through, dark ride and roller coaster all in one ride, so i'm very curious.

That day you'll find me first thing in the new coaster! Finally really flying as a Dutchman!

The first "test-passengers" did the ride. Rides.nl published an article about it together with a POV and some pictures.

Watch out: the information and POV might spoil the fun, because it explains the whole ride.

It's in Dutch, but maybe they translated it already: in the upper right corner of the site you can switch to the English language.

http://www.rides.nl/nieuws/bericht/preview-de-vliegende-hollander-in-de-efteling

Instead of linking you guys to some weird site I just grap some pics from themepark.nl,

the bigest coastefan site in the netherlands!

Ha, try beating that disney!

And of course, a little movie, made by Sander kay Roeling:

www.eftelingtalk.nl/sanderkay/dvhpreview.wmv

If your going to the efteling within the next month do not watch, there is a onride included.

btw. The darkride is smal, but the main sensation comes from the sound, atmosphere and smell,

don't expect to much of it, this ride is all about the total picture!

How do the dutchmen do that? It looks sooo fantastic! ^And from what i heard, you will in fact get wet.

"If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!"

Well, you actually can get wet: they can control that with magnets, etc. So when it's a nice, dry day you'll get wet! At least, that's what they said last year...

The darkride part sucked, I love the way the building, the que and the station looks like, but the darkride ruines it all.

People say that not everything was functioning or finished, but the ride was delayed for 1 year, so everything should work!

Hopefully Kumbak(the company who built this) will build one in the states.

Kumbak designed the track, the track itself is another company. Also the boats are from another company. Efteling did the theming. There are very much companys who worked on this one!

Hopefully Kumbak(the company who built this) will build one in the states.

Kumbak designed the track, the track itself is another company. Also the boats are from another company. Efteling did the theming. There are very much companys who worked on this one!

And Efteling isn't known to sell their originals (Fata Morgana (Mirage), Droomvlucht (Dreamflight), Vogel Rok ) to any other parks. Anyone who can't go to the Efteling just like that, should probably consider saving up for a possible 2008 Europe TPR Trip! ^^

This coaster looks amazing, and even close to some Disney rides. It is nice that it finally opened, and the ride looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully Kumbak(the company who built this) will build one in the states.

Well, KumBak didn't do a very good job: that's the reason why the opening was postponed for a year... I believe Intamin helped with the problems of the lifthill. Apart from that: the ride looks great, even when it wasn't working!

Kumbak seems to have done a good job on the rest of the track though. I'm still not sure why Efteling chose Kumbak instead of Vekoma, except for giving a new company a chance and having worked with them on making new trains . That's how it is, though, since every company has to start somewhere.

^you're right. But you must know that the Efteling did most rides with Intamin... Well, now I think of it... It'll be fity/fifty.

And KumbaK already did some good things: their trains are the best! Space Invader 2 at BPB and on the Python at the Efteling. The ones on the Python are especially great: they make the Vekoma "smooth" (enough) and the trains are heavily themed! I'm curious about the new trains on Stampida: will they make it better/smoother?

I'll try their first coaster next sunday (and it's not a joke!)!

^have to disagree on the python trains, IMO they look ugly. Sure they've got a snake texture, but they look ugly. They are also very uncomfortable and i'm getting no less headbanging then before. I just wish they put the old ones back on

^have to disagree on the python trains, IMO they look ugly. Sure they've got a snake texture, but they look ugly. They are also very uncomfortable and i'm getting no less headbanging then before. I just wish they put the old ones back on
That is just not true. You can think they look ugly, that's OK, allthough I don't understand why you prefer the original more ugly and standard vekoma trains.

But the new trains are smoother and more comfortable, there really is no point of discussion there. More space for your legs (nothing to bang your knees against), tall people have no otsr's pressing on their shoulders and larger wheels. Those trains are a very welcome upgrade for the Vekoma oldies.

^^ Well, everyone has different opinions but I think Kumbak did a fine job on this ride, not fantastic but it is there first coaster. Also, Kumbak offered a more traditional coaster look and a predrop which other companys didnt (Mack) and in my opinion, a mack would look hideous with this track design.

As a note, I really hope Mystery mine has a darkride section like this or better!

I went there yesterday and the Efteling was crowded! Of course everyone wanted to go on DVH...

90 minutes waitlines and not the capacity they promise. They say DVH can take 1900 persons per hour, but I think it wasn't even close to a 1000 (Janster calculated it that day). They should work on that!

It is a great ride, especially the combination of the "walkthrough" (I'd rather prefer the title "themed" waitline: I didn't have the feeling of going through a Nautilus from Disney, for instance), the dark ride (which is the best part of the whole ride: it is spectacular!) and the roller coaster with a splash. It's just a small coaster, maybe a bit short and soft, but I like it. They should warn ducks on the other hand: sometimes they're almost hit by the boat! ...

I think when they solve the capacity problem and with that the queues aren't that long, it will be a perfect, spectacular (Efteling) ride! It's already spectacular, but they should work on the "perfect".

The ride is exactly what you expect. Beautiful q-line, spooky creepy dark ride and a cute little water coaster.

The ride was poorly operated though. Like Menghine said, the ride suffers a MAYOR CAPACITY PROBLEM. Every 70 to 80 seconds a boat with 12 peoaple (2 empty spot on average) leaves the station. For such an impressive ride in a busy park like Eftleing 600 riders per hour just wón't do. The operators don't help the riders to fill the boats, while that's neccessary with this awkward 3-4-3-4 seating arrangement. I think they operated not at full capacity, because of the first full operation day. But then again, they had time enough to test ride it. Could you fix this Efteling, please?

Another dumb design error: disabled people with wheelchairs and their guides get to ride the Flying Dutchman twice. Boats leaving on the left platform, arrive at the right platform. Wheelchairs can't be transported from one platform to the other - further decreasing the capacity.

That 1900 riders per hour figure on RCDB and in the dutch newspapers is a.... fairytale!

But the ride experience is great. Absolutely no negative comments about the ride itself. Unique, impressive, spooky, creepy and fun!

Uhm... people... this ride has been open for ONE day! Why do you expect it to be perfect operated? And besides, I didn't mind I was able to do a double ride because of my disabled mother in law.
Dude, I managed two rides too, only with 2.5 hours of q-ing time. That disabled people have priority, that's understandable, nothing wrong with that. But why two rides man? Don't you thinkt that's a bit overdone? And they could have done a lot of testing to operate it at full capacity, because the ride was ready weeks before opening day. They claimed 1900 riders per hour quite explicitly in the media. They didn't even get to one third of that number. That was a bit of a bummer for me. But I do expect a higher capacity in the next couple of months.

Don't get me wrong, capacity was the only point of criticism (but worht mentioning). Fantastic ride.