TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

Hmm....last time I encountered a nine foot wave was in South Carolina during a tropical storm. Ummm those are huge! I havent seen a theme park wave machine's waves break when they are created though, only when they are reaching the 1ft. deep water. That is sweet thought! And yes, there better be A LOT of lifeguards out there! As well as some life jakets.

Well, without a doubt I am going to visit this summer. I had been debating if it would be worth it to make the trip whe nI am in St Paul,MN this summer for a week visiting family. Not sure how close I will get to the wave. Maybe watch from a distance. Yeah, I'm a pussy....

Geagua(sp) Lakes used to be pretty big from when I remember. There were little handles all over so you wouldn't be dragged the length of the pool. I remember the simulated undertoe was pretty strong also! I used to cringe everytime the beep signaled the wave was about to go.

I havent seen a theme park wave machine's waves break when they are created though, only when they are reaching the 1ft. deep water.

Check out Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool. Sure, those aren't 9 foot waves, but those things crash and they crash HARD.

Anywho, this looks pretty sweet. I wish the wave pools here in Socal went that high.

Brent "misses Orlando" Shenton

Anyone here have a good guess when the wave pool is supposed too open? I know more info is coming soon, just trying to get my airfare...

I guess I can just plan on it being late. Though, I would rather be there in early June...