Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby DRWP2005 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:08 pm

You know one of the things I like the most about Holiday World...Whenever then win something or have a press release referring to something positive at the park, they always thank their employees in them. That's one thing I think other parks should do.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby shesaidboom » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:12 pm

Congratulations HW!

I have to say I was very impressed with their staff. The first part of our visit there was awful, everything kept going wrong and all the coasters broke down. We were very disappointed since HW was the highlight of our trip. While we were talking about it in line a staff member over heard our conversation and came up to us to apologize and explain that this wasn't a usual thing for them, it was just a very off day. Her apology was very sincere, not just a "oh we're sorry for the inconvenience". I was so impressed that she had done that and just that alone made our day so much better.

We're definately going back next year and will hopefully have a much better experience.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:28 pm

I'm sure the Koch family is more interested in keeping the park profitable and a Maurer Sohne spinning coaster will work just fine.

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:34 am

almightyfire wrote:they said the voyage made the attendance go up i agree. now Shapiro thinks families dont ride coasters. thats bull crap

You have to remember, a family park (already established for families) building a big coaster attracts more thrillseekers, whereas SFMM already has coasters, so they need more family rides...

-James Dillaman

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:09 am

SharkTums wrote:Now all they need is Expedition Ge Force...I think One Million in attendance means it's time for a nice family Intamin Hyper!

Congrats!

Agreed. If there is any park in the US where a copy of this ride would work, it is this one.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Location: Perth, Australia (3500 kms away from the nearest Intamin)

Re: Holiday World tops One Million in attendance

Postby deano » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:38 am

“So much of the credit goes to the incredible service and hospitality provided by our outstanding Hosts and Hostesses,” Koch says. “It doesn’t matter how great your rides are if the employees are rude and the bathrooms are filthy. We are very appreciative of our hard-working staff.”

I wanna work for this guy.

Surely, this sort of attitude contributes towards the employees being motivated and caring about thier guests.

Voyage, i'm comin for you in 07!

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby coasterdad » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:44 am

I was at the park for the last day and the park was fun, not bad at all, the whole family had a great time, Did talk to Pat and will after the first hour we where in the park and they told us they had got to a 1 million people. great Job HW!

Site Admin

NEWS: Consumers Digest names Holiday World 'Top Value Park'

Postby robbalvey » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:27 am

This just in from Holiday World:

SANTA CLAUS, IN-----One of the nation’s leading consumer magazines names Holiday World & Splashin' Safari the country’s “Top Value Park” in its current issue.

Consumers Digest’s March/April edition features an article titled “America’s Top Amusement Parks.” The six-page report names the Top Value Parks in North America, with Holiday World in the #1 spot. The article praises the park’s “enchanting holidays theme, an attraction-packed water park and some of the country’s best wooden coasters,” plus the park’s ground-breaking free soft drinks program, free sunscreen, free parking, and no extra charge for Splashin' Safari admission.

“This designation validates all these crazy programs we’ve launched over the year,” says Holiday World & Splashin' Safari’s president, Will Koch. “Other parks told us we were insane to give away soft drinks, but we’ve felt all along it was the right thing to do for our Guests.”

The Consumers Digest report also includes a prediction that The Voyage, Holiday World’s record-breaking wooden coaster that opened in 2006, is “destined to become a classic.” The Voyage was named one of the Top Five “Can’t Miss Attractions” in North America.

Holiday World opens for the season on May 5, with the premiere of Turkey Whirl, a themed tilt-a-whirl ride; Splashin' Safari opens for the season on May 12 with the new Bakuli family water slide. For additional information logon to: http://www.holidayworld.com/ or call 1-877-Go-Family.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: NEWS: Consumers Digest names Holiday World 'Top Value Pa

Postby ginzo » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:37 am

robbalvey wrote:This just in from Holiday World:

SANTA CLAUS, IN-----One of the nation’s leading consumer magazines names Holiday World & Splashin' Safari the country’s “Top Value Park” in its current issue.

Consumers Digest’s March/April edition features an article titled “America’s Top Amusement Parks.” The six-page report names the Top Value Parks in North America, with Holiday World in the #1 spot. The article praises the park’s “enchanting holidays theme, an attraction-packed water park and some of the country’s best wooden coasters,” plus the park’s ground-breaking free soft drinks program, free sunscreen, free parking, and no extra charge for Splashin' Safari admission.

“This designation validates all these crazy programs we’ve launched over the year,” says Holiday World & Splashin' Safari’s president, Will Koch. “Other parks told us we were insane to give away soft drinks, but we’ve felt all along it was the right thing to do for our Guests.”

The Consumers Digest report also includes a prediction that The Voyage, Holiday World’s record-breaking wooden coaster that opened in 2006, is “destined to become a classic.” The Voyage was named one of the Top Five “Can’t Miss Attractions” in North America.

Holiday World opens for the season on May 5, with the premiere of Turkey Whirl, a themed tilt-a-whirl ride; Splashin' Safari opens for the season on May 12 with the new Bakuli family water slide. For additional information logon to: http://www.holidayworld.com/ or call 1-877-Go-Family.

I agree that Holiday World is an excellent value. I think that they, more than any park I've been to, go out of their way to NOT rip you off. I wind up spending more money there than at some other parks, because their reasonable prices don't make me cringe when I pull out my wallet.

Considering their remote location, however, I think that being a great deal is an absolute necessity for them. They can't get by on being the default park near a big city, like so many seasonal parks do.

Didn't they raise gate prices accordingly the year they added the "free soda"? I've heard that, but wasn't around back then to confirm. I also think they should switch to Coke products.

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:26 pm

I went to HW 4 times last year, Last time I had free tickets. With food and Gas, total cost was probalby 20 dollars. I do buy more "stuff" when I am there because it affordable. I am buying two season passes this year, one for Hw and one for SF: STL. I plan on going ot HW once a month, maybe more if I have time. I am going to try to get every attraction this year that I can, except the spinning rides (scrambler and the round house thingy, they look like they would make me sick). I got to get the rapids ride this year.

Rides I haven't gotten:

Scrambler (won't)
Super Round up (won't)
Rapids
all the water slides (except jungle racer, lazy rivers, and wave pools)
The howler (what kind of tpr poster am i for not getting it)

Won't get:
kiddie rides.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!