TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

UH UH they could have one of those booster bike coasters but retheme the bikes to brooms!!!!

Oh and could you imagine the sweet shop from Hogsmeade being there and eing able to buy chocolate frogs and stuff!

And how abou changing Mythos to the great hall and having the roof change colours and stuff.

UH UH they could have one of those booster bike coasters but retheme the bikes to brooms!!!!

Oh and could you imagine the sweet shop from Hogsmeade being there and eing able to buy chocolate frogs and stuff!

And how abou changing Mythos to the great hall and having the roof change colours and stuff.

Whoa, A little too excited? I liked the idea of the land being re-themed, and the Booster Bike idea is cool. But no changes to Mythos, when I went to IOA in 01' Mythos was sweet. I don't went that changed to the great hall, no way!!

Whoa, A little too excited? I liked the idea of the land being re-themed, and the Booster Bike idea is cool. But no changes to Mythos, when I went to IOA in 01' Mythos was sweet. I don't went that changed to the great hall, no way!!

I hate to tell you this. But Re-themeing Mythos might be exactly what it does need. If you havn't been since 01' then you havn't experienced the gradual demise to what was once one of the best Theme Park dining experiences in the US. Not that their bad by industry standards. Just compared to their own standards set way back. It has gone way downhill.

• 4 weeks later...

I was working on the web and then I notice I got an email from Universal Studio and GUESS WHAT! BLUE MAN GROUP VENUE... Concept images and details was release! I'm pumped to go this christmas!

This is official media release from Universal Orlando Resort Media...

March 6, 2007

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RELEASES CONCEPT IMAGES AND DETAILS OF NEW BLUE MAN GROUP VENUE

Orlando, Fla. – Blue Man Group, the wildly successful live entertainment experience, will perform from a specially created theater at Universal Studios theme park starting June 7. Universal’s Sound Stage 18 is being re-designed as a 1,000-seat theater complete with its own box office, and will be accessible from both Universal CityWalk and Universal Studios theme park.

The re-design includes a stunning exterior as well as interior features specially designed for the Blue Man experience.

On the outside, 30-foot-tall Blue Men – the largest Blue Man images ever created - mark the entrance to the new theater. Their size makes them visible from nearly everywhere inside Universal’s CityWalk. And inside, there is a set design that has evolved from the original New York production, still running at the Astor Place Theatre. Its purpose: to create an environment for the Blue Man character to connect with the audience in a visceral way.

The Blue Man Group Band, a live presence in all Blue Man Group shows, will hover above the stage in two loft-like boxes. The lofts are connected to the rest of the space with a series of large pipes - similar to the pipes the Blue Man Group uses as part of its unique instruments. The pipes supplement the theater’s audio system and allow the band’s sound to reach audience members in a unique way.

“Creating a theater in a sound stage gives us a great foundation for installing and running technical elements for the show,” said Paul Ackerman, Senior General Manager/Production at Blue Man Group. “The space provides an ideal acoustic environment with silent HVAC systems, which will allow for the sonic experience of the show to stand out and captivate the audience.”

Video has been an important part of Blue Man Group since the beginning and the Orlando show will be no exception. In addition to the main screen on the stage, which conveys most of the show’s video imagery, the theater’s sophisticated video system uses the entire set as a projection surface. The set becomes a giant canvas which the Blue Man uses to connect with the audience.

Audio visual veterans at Scharff-Weisberg designed the video system which will be used in the new theater. The new technology, already in use on the “How To Be a Megastar Tour 2.0,” allows for the video elements of the show to be integrated with and controlled by the lighting system.

The new theater will have orchestra seating throughout, maintaining an intimate setting that allows all audience members to feel close to the action onstage. The seating design also provides comfortable seating and excellent sightlines in every seat. The “poncho” section, as it is playfully called, will be located in the front of the house and will provide a more up close and personal experience for guests who don’t mind the possibility of getting splashed by the Blue Men as they perform. A lobby area is also being created with concession, retail and event space.

The renovation of Sound Stage 18 also includes the installation of a new entrance through CityWalk, allowing guests to access the theatre without purchasing a theme park ticket. Tickets for the new show are on sale now, with opening night set for June 7. Contact the Universal Orlando ticket line at 888-340-5476 or visit www.universalorlando.com for more information.

bluemantheaterlayout.jpg.ed5c981bacf4014d23f5fd738a3a729f.jpg

Blue Man Theater Layout

bluemantheateroutside.jpg.32ffd210a7781de9c2852b0d6da1e302.jpg

Outside of Blue Man Theater

^^^ It shouldn't be too bad if the release is true in announcing that this theater is modeled mainly after the Astor Plaza show in New York. The theater there had only one flaw- a second level seating that came over the back half of the first level, causing for anyone sitting behind row 10 to lack a view of the entire stage (at least the top half). It seems from this concept art that this has been fixed with the use of elevated seating not overlapping past the boundary of the level rows. I will know more on opening night but my seat is more towards the front (middle of row 7 to be more precise)-out of the poncho section and section 1 but in the first row of section 2.

It doesn't look so small since it is purely slice in half what it appear to me as well. I'm actually looking forward to this. From the Press Release, it said 1,000 seats so that cover more than the gym floors space in the basketball arena alone. It is not bad the way I see it. Anyway... I'm pumped!

JediMaster... Hope you can keep us posted with pictures and your experience at the opening night! Also.... May the force be with you... ALWAYS!

^I know what you mean. I caught BMG's New York show years ago and thought it was fun, and it was still unique.

But now they're becoming as ubiquitous as Outback Steakhouse.

^^^How many times are you going to mention that you have tickets for opening night?

I don't know I find each announcement to be just a little more exciting then the last.

Obviously my school computer found it so exciting it decided to quote me twice.

^I know what you mean. I caught BMG's New York show years ago and thought it was fun, and it was still unique.

But now they're becoming as ubiquitous as Outback Steakhouse.

Don't knock Outback. I have Section 1 Row 2 Seat 14 tickets for opening night.

^Hey, I like Outback, too. It's just that there are so many of them. I'll probably catch BMG's Orlando act at some point, myself.

Like I said, their shows are fun. But their "specialness" is wearing off.

I just wonder when is the last time the original Blue Man Group had to work.

Actually, I wondered the same.I wonder how many "Blue Men" there really are.Anyways,I'm pretty excited they're coming to Orlando.I think the theatre will be a good addition to CityWalk.

As a massive fan of the Blue Men, I am excited of a brand new, specially designed place for them. It looks great so far. I can understand how the amount of new shows make them less "special", but each show, the tour, and the albums are all a little bit different from the other. So they're all a unique experiences. However, with Orlando becoming the eleventh stage venue, I can see how it's a little bit of overkill.

I wonder how many "Blue Men" there really are.

Three.

I hope no one takes this as thread hijacking as I am just giving an update from today. Work has continued on the exterior of the theater and painting is well under way. The pictures on the front look very cool and the two visible sides of the studio have been getting the Blue Man treatment though I believe the third side may get a blue base paint before the show opening.

IMGP9549.JPG.48fcc8143f3cc67d5ca1d039e5693fa7.JPG

We will be watching you...

IMGP9544.thumb.JPG.bc049ca3293fe3be87bce39b256c1886.JPG

One last sign of the former Slime-green that used to cover this studio is found on the column with the main poster on it...

IMGP9541.JPG.52402001de83c858dc69efebe37d78c0.JPG

The side is looking good too with the famous paint-can splash being applied to the wall.

IMGP9540.JPG.cc04bb4c73c138848e5089603f179276.JPG

Looks as if he is staring at you...

IMGP9539.JPG.a4f973bbf72ecd9d1254727ccfd7b86a.JPG

They will be ready... Will you?

IMGP9534.JPG.f6b1b4be4818f2e496363f47e2853b4e.JPG

From the theater side of the entry way the new light posts with posters can be seen as the lights within them are ready to be installed.

IMGP9533.JPG.3dc61bd15ecfa969cb68644063e49174.JPG

Very cool!

IMGP9527.JPG.1d12ecc64d597958d102f0911113df35.JPG

Its hard to believe that these studios used to host Nickelodeon shows...

IMGP9520.JPG.84c7603004edc25d901ea254d23b00c8.JPG

From the Hard Rock side of the entryway, the Blue Man Group theater is really starting to shape up...