Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TDMAMBA » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:12 pm

The Only people that aren't Excited are the people who have already rode Talon or Coaster Enthusiast outside the immediate KC area. Everyone in KC or even Missouri and Kansas are pumped for this ride. The GP will eat this ride alive. The thing is the layout is similar as well as inversion order. The thing though is the shaping is alot different and the elevation changes are there which aren't on talon. THe Loop is really round for a B&M Invert and the pull out and turn is also very tight. I think this coaster will surprise a few people and may make the top 20-25 steel list.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Rider117 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:36 pm

I hope so, because the most intense B&M invert I been on still has been Batman. I been on B:TR, Raptor, Talon and both sides of Dueling Dragons.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby ShannonSomerville » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:41 pm

I'm planning to ride Patriot in September for my birthday,so it looks good to me. SES :lmao:

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby colossus » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:50 pm

wow looks great cant wait to ride it in july when i go out to WOF.

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

WOF announces small upgrades for 2007

Postby CP_RULES » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:01 pm

Well, its nothing big, but WOF has finally announced its upgrades for 2007. Hopefully since they arent getting anything big this season, the rumors of a new GCI in '08 will come true.

Ready to have fun outdoors again after the cold winter months? After its first winter rest, Worlds of Fun wakes up the highly acclaimed PATRIOT® inverted roller coaster on Saturday, April 7, 2007 to kick off a season donned with fresh looks, a new dining option, renovations, and a special milestone!

Riders soaring the sky over Worlds of Fun on the PATRIOT coaster notice enhanced landscaping throughout the park below. The addition of designated smoking areas throughout both Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun not only contributes to a more comfortable environment for guests, but also aids in keeping the parks beautiful for visitors. For the convenience of those who wish to smoke, there are ten designated smoking areas located throughout the parks.

Guests dine on Oriental favorites at the new PANDA EXPRESS® restaurant. Located next to the entrance of Spinning Dragons roller coaster, this new food stop boasts a menu that fits the theme of the Orient section of the park.

The quality of restrooms is important to park visitors, so two restroom locations are remodeled for the 2007 season in addition to the four completed in 2006. Fresh paint throughout the park is especially noticed on the Wacky Worm roller coaster for kids in Camp Snoopy. Larger groups scheduling a catered meal, or those participating in the Joe Cool’s Backyard BBQ Admission & Meal Package, feast beneath the shade of a giant new structure at the Festhaus picnic area.

Oceans of Fun waterpark celebrates its silver anniversary when its gates open on Saturday, May 26, 2007. Stay tuned to worldsoffun.com as we celebrate 25 years as the midwest's largest tropically themed waterpark.

Worlds of Fun is open weekends only starting Saturday, April 7, 2007, and daily starting Saturday, May 12, 2007 (closed Sunday, April 8 for Easter; closed Fridays, April 20, May 4, 11, 18, September 7, 14 and 21, 2007 for private events). Oceans of Fun is open daily starting Saturday, May 26, 2007. Worlds of Fun Village RV sites open March 5, and cabins and cottages open March 26.

http://www.worldsoffun.com/public/news/whats_new.cfm

For more details on other 2007 upgrades, click HERE!
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:36 pm

This is the first press release I've ever read that mentioned new bathrooms!

I wonder if the CGI in 2008 will replace Timber Wolf. I hope so because that was one rough coaster!

Elissa's Instincts Are Strong!

Postby steel » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:26 pm

^They aren't new bathrooms, they're just remodeling old ones (which was seriously needed).

I'm glad they're adding smoking areas (or "cancer-in-a-box" as I affectionately call them). It's always a downer to have to breathe in someone elses smoke all day.

And of course the Panda Express is :dude: awesome.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby carolinacaniac » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:08 pm

So Geauga Lake starts the trend of going to smoking areas in the chain it seems. I wonder if maybe the CF execs saw this at the Paramount Parks and thought it was a good idea? I say good for Cedar Fair for putting this into practice at their parks (even if it is only a few of them right now).
"Imagine the Crystal Beach Cyclone with a Gerstlauer train!"

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Jive » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:52 pm

Timber Wolf is rumored to have recieved extensive work during the off-season. This leads me to believe that it's demise is not imminent.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Jhcbiinoc » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:31 pm

I would guess that KBF might be among the next on the list to get smoking areas. Even as a smoker, I don't mind that one bit, in fact I think it's a good thing. Designated areas at Six Flags have never bothered me, and this way those who don't smoke are not exposed to it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!