Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby St.LouisBOI » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:00 pm

^Haha, that's so true. :lmao:
Looks like SFSTL is getting one of those spinning coasters for next year.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby TheGreatOne » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:03 am

Jew wrote:Here's a summary of the quotes from Mark Shapiro in the news report that is sure to be written:

"New half assed parade! I rock for making that decision because families are important."

"More characters!!! I also rock for making that decision because previous management neglected the family market"

"I <3 comparing Six Flags to Disneyland"

"Did I mention how we have to be more family friendly in order to be successful again?"

Don't forget a paragraph dedicated to how he grew up near SFGAm and he how wants to return Six Flags to the "glory days".
Career Tic-Tac-Toe Record: 13 wins-3 losses -15 ties

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:59 am

Six Flags Elitch Gardens was scheduled to be getting a spinning coaster this year, but funds dried up, and with new management, they plans went out the window. It was rumored to be Mr. Six's Pandemonium, the same design at SFNE.

Maybe this is where its being sent?

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:44 am

^I thought SFEG was also supposed to be getting the Wagon Wheel ride relocated from Astroworld, but a mechanical failure avoided the ride from being built.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Tony Hawk's Big Spin announced for SFStL

Postby Homer » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:48 pm

Six Flags St. Louis announces Tony Hawk's Big Spin... at least its not Rocket Power: The Ride, rite? :P

February 12, 2007 — Six Flags St. Louis announced today a full line-up of thrills and entertainment for the 2007 season, focused on the family and highlighted by the addition of Tony Hawk's Big Spin, a unique spinning coaster the whole family can enjoy. This new coaster experience is designed for the entire family and takes the lead on a family entertainment package that includes a Summer Concert Series, new shows, fireworks and the wildly popular Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam Tour!

"Six Flags St. Louis was founded on family fun and entertainment," said Dave Roemer, Park President of Six Flags St. Louis. "Today we are more focused than ever on providing family rides, shows and attractions in an atmosphere that makes Six Flags St. Louis THE place to bring YOUR family this year!"

Tony Hawk's Big Spin is scheduled to debut on April 21, 2007, the opening day of Six Flags St. Louis' 36th season. The ride is designed with the look and feel of a giant red-and-black skatepark, and offers a full extreme sports experience, with monitors in the queue lines displaying highlights of the history of action sports; a large spinning Tony Hawk figure crowning the ride; and Tony Hawk's Big Spin merchandise available at the ride exit. Tony Hawk's Big Spin puts a new twist on the traditional coaster experience: Guests grab some air as they twist and turn in 360 degrees rotations while grinding through helices, wild mouse turns, a camelback and more on the rails of this 1,351-ft. steel coaster. With the opportunity to defy gravity just like skateboarding legend
Tony Hawk, riders sit facing each other in a coaster car that simulates tricks and maneuvers while traveling up, down, and around the breathtaking curves...all while spinning round and round! The spinning coaster cars allow each ride to take on a totally different experience depending on the weight distribution of the passengers in the car making it a unique ride experience each time!

"After receiving such a great response to our Boom Boom HuckJam Tour at several Six Flags parks last year, I'm honored and excited to be part of this opportunity. On the Big Spin, riders will be able to experience their own spinning aerial moves whenever they choose," said skateboard legend Tony Hawk.

Standing at 53 feet tall and traveling at 31 m.p.h. Tony Hawk's Big Spin is suitable for kids who are at least 42" tall to ride with an accompanying adult, while kids 47" and taller can ride by themselves. Tony Hawk's Big Spin will be located near the park's new kid's area introduced in 2006, designed so that parents ride with their kids!

Six Flags St. Louis' commitment to family fun in 2007 continues beyond this exciting new ride to include shows, concerts and more. The park's show package includes four new shows, fireworks, street entertainers, story time with some of your favorite characters, as well as the return of its popular daily parade. On June 2nd & 3rd, Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam Tour makes its stop at Six Flags St. Louis, and will give guests an opportunity to see skateboard legend Tony Hawk perform all the tricks he has made famous. Then, beginning, June 21st, our Summer Concert Series kicks off featuring some of today's hottest tween acts every Thursday night at the Old Glory Amphitheater through August 9th.

This year, Six Flags St. Louis' Season Pass offers the opportunity to enjoy the new Tony Hawk's Big Spin, new shows, the Summer Concert Series and special events along with Hurricane Harbor for one low price. And in addition, purchasing a 2007 Season Pass to Six Flags St. Louis gives six lucky pass holders the opportunity to win their very own Dream Nite! Dream Nite winners will enjoy the party of a lifetime, as they invite up to 100 of their friends and family to celebrate an exclusive private night in the park with them. There is no purchase necessary to win. See Official Rules for complete details. Void where prohibited.

About Six Flags, Inc:
Six Flags, Inc., founded in 1961, is the world's largest regional theme park company. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly traded corporation (NYSE: SIX) headquartered in New York City.

Well, at least SFStL finally got a new roller coaster and again I'm not fond of the Tony Hawk theme. But whatever to boost attendance from "families."
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:43 pm

LAME! I should have counted on SF to bring another boring clone to SFStL. Spinning Dragons was never that great at WoF, do they honestly think mirroring it and adding some cheap Tony Hawk theming will make the ride any better? Sure its great that SFStl is FINALLY getting a new coaster, but they could have at least gotten something that four hours of driving from the park couldnt get you. I can see the lines now..... Anyone want to wait 3 hours to ride this with me?

-Justin "C'mon Six Flags!" Seabaugh

PS- Where exactly is this located? From the video, it seems like its in-between Boss and Eagle, but I cant really tell.

EDIT- I guess its on top of where the old alligator show was..... Hmmm, I wonder how Tony Hawk will fit in with the Britania theming.... :roll:

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:51 pm

If I can get on Mr Six's at SFNE on a PACKED weekend in July in less than an hour, I don't think a 3 hour line is going to be an issue at St. Louis.

I like these rides, sure they aren't the best coasters on earth, and there is one across the state, but they can be enjoyed by a large array of people.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby cjeagle35 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:13 pm

ParkTrips wrote:I like these rides, sure they aren't the best coasters on earth, and there is one across the state, but they can be enjoyed by a large array of people.

I agree, I think that when a park builds a ride like this, (spinner, wild mouse, ect.) they are only looking to appeal to families that reside in the general metro area. This ride is the park's attempt to get St. Louis's families to the park, because more than likely, those families won't take the 4hr trip to WOF to ride something very similar. Now if SFStL build something like a Patriot clone, then I'd be concerned.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Jive » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:27 pm

I guess that these are the new wild mouse coasters.

Everyone is eventually going to have one.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby savemagicmountain » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:33 pm

I think this is a great idea for sfsl even though spinning dragons is only four hours away because a kid is not going to see it as the same. I can already see kids in the state saying mom can we please ride the tony hawk ride. It might not be the best ride, but it will sell merchandise and attract families and I think that is sfi goal at the moment.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!